MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

But you are spending hours that have already been paid for. Those displays just cost the company twice.

Yes, most know how to use a drill, but the sft's hours do not come out of stores budget, so better if he did it.

LOL! This is becoming a war of whos job is whos..

Ultimately, its Great whenever a store works like a team!

Agreed! Let this thread return to where it needs to be. If someone wants to start a new topic elsewhere, I leave it up to them.

Anybody else looking forward to taking down the 'in living colour' sign and saving it, so we can put it back up after 'The Shops' sell out?

Anybody else looking forward to taking down the 'in living colour' sign and saving it, so we can put it back up after 'The Shops' sell out?

i know this is a joke - but being wrapped up in furniture i haven't had the time to go over the Monthly signing for May yet. But you're joking, right?

i don't get why they didn't just have one in the Power Aisle and one at the FOS since the Shops will be a limited run. I hate when they use overheads that have to come down as product sells out.

Shops is only going to be up for a few weeks (I think two). Then summer signing goes up similar to last year with the over sized summer overheads.

Commie, not nice!!! LOL!!

Anyone else think the set times for furniture being WAY off? Plano set it, but had to move on to keep on schedule and didn't put up or tie down any of the new furniture & since our sft is tied up on a much more important job...guess who is doing it?

I'm too tired to even think straight....

IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob

Anyone else think the set times for furniture being WAY off? Plano set it, but had to move on to keep on schedule and didn't put up or tie down any of the new furniture & since our sft is tied up on a much more important job...guess who is doing it?

that's funny - that's EXACTLY what i did today! ugh! i had to clear any projects i might be working on - cause guess where the furniture was - yep, in signing! i had no choice since it blocked all my stuff anyway. but then again - it wasn't so bad since only 7 flats worth of furniture went out. the rest were all broken or not built since the 12hrs that THREE guys came in to build weren't enough. This was by far the worst showing from Impact ever. SO many mistakes. so much funiture ruined from being assembled poorly.

I'm lucky that my SFT has been able to help but we've been building and putting up as fast as we can and we're still not done.

that's funny - that's EXACTLY what i did today! ugh! i had to clear any projects i might be working on - cause guess where the furniture was - yep, in signing! i had no choice since it blocked all my stuff anyway. but then again - it wasn't so bad since only 7 flats worth of furniture went out. the rest were all broken or not built since the 12hrs that THREE guys came in to build weren't enough. This was by far the worst showing from Impact ever. SO many mistakes. so much funiture ruined from being assembled poorly.

At least some of yours was built already. Impact is supposed to come next week but our STL didn't want to have empty display shelves so guess who gets to build and put it up. I may be fast building furniture but to build all the furniture in one day, yeah right. Only got about half done and that was mostly the smaller furniture (accent tables and chairs). Our SFT tried to help build but he had a lot of projects to do too. Guess the rest is going to have to wait till next week.

I think so. Can you believe I had tm asking for that? I was like "really?" LOL!

Last year someone wanted the giant corn and the giant flip flop. Don't think there is one this year.

At least some of yours was built already. Impact is supposed to come next week but our STL didn't want to have empty display shelves so guess who gets to build and put it up. I may be fast building furniture but to build all the furniture in one day, yeah right. Only got about half done and that was mostly the smaller furniture (accent tables and chairs). Our SFT tried to help build but he had a lot of projects to do too. Guess the rest is going to have to wait till next week.

Last year someone wanted the giant corn and the giant flip flop. Don't think there is one this year.

well if it puts into any perspective - Impact sent three people to our store who arrived at around 10am and apparently there were still there when they were unloading the truck at around 11:30. so.....good luck.

also, while i put out all the displays i also got the lucky job of securing everything since our SFT was a no show (which i didn't know until all the furniture was already on the flloor). awesome.

we had people at our store asking for the corn from last year too. i don't get why you would want that.

our impact gal finally showed up at 1pm (supposed to be 2 people at 8). only got a half pallet built. im not building it. i called and blew them out and theyre coming back next week. set times for this crap was way underestimated considering all the bs with the displays.

so the shops on sunday. my new tm was scheduled--for some reason i wasn't--and he's never hung overheads before or done any type of signing other than backer. This is his first full week on the team--he worked 2 days last week with me. i gave him a crash course and laid everything out. hope he does ok.

Our giant zipper - er, mini-blind - uh, color thingy came down yesterday. I can see aaaaaaaall across the back now!

our impact gal finally showed up at 1pm (supposed to be 2 people at 8). only got a half pallet built. im not building it. i called and blew them out and theyre coming back next week. set times for this crap was way underestimated considering all the bs with the displays.

so the shops on sunday. my new tm was scheduled--for some reason i wasn't--and he's never hung overheads before or done any type of signing other than backer. This is his first full week on the team--he worked 2 days last week with me. i gave him a crash course and laid everything out. hope he does ok.

just make sure they have enough time to complete and some "figure it out" time if you think they might have any trouble. the Shops signs are simple, but they have parts that will need to be hung with the wave according to the instructions. the estimated set time is 2hrs, 15min. thats just for the FOS overheads. more if they are doing the signing for SL and HL as well.

i took down the Color Changes Everything FOS yesterday. the whole thing fit into one shopping cart.

I'm changing it up and going in for two hours before close tonight to take down the FOS and demerch all the endcaps that are being set for the shops tomorrow, as it will be me and one other person setting both HL and SL in the four hours before open on sunday.

just make sure they have enough time to complete and some "figure it out" time if you think they might have any trouble. the Shops signs are simple, but they have parts that will need to be hung with the wave according to the instructions. the estimated set time is 2hrs, 15min. thats just for the FOS overheads. more if they are doing the signing for SL and HL as well.

i took down the Color Changes Everything FOS yesterday. the whole thing fit into one shopping cart.

Goodie, they gave me 3 hours to do all of it Sunday morning.
And the boss wants me to save the Color Changes Everything FOS for something.
And you thought I was kidding.

Goodie, they gave me 3 hours to do all of it Sunday morning.
And the boss wants me to save the Color Changes Everything FOS for something.
And you thought I was kidding.

Wow.

Just got back. FOS went up quick - it was getting around to all the endcaps, and THEN doing the 'around the store' overheads that got me. not too bad though. no super crazy guests so overall not a bad morning.

i don't even want to know what they are having you save the old FOS for. the new summer overheads came for my store last night.

Easy Peezy set. Done all of it in 4 hours! Did anyone get the floor clings like shown in the workload? ( Called 2 other stores to make sure they also didn't get it )

Especially the Color FOS.... Took some of the middle hooks out with the pole, then extended the pole fully, stepped back...and took the end hooks off. WHOOSH! Snapped every hook off in domino fashion. LOL!

BTW, our 2 impact guys built ALL of the displays in 7 hours! They did a great job!!! They did have some trouble with the childrens furniture being cheap. Kept snapping wood dowels. Lucky we have a great guy who brings extras of everything...

OH!! I have a question. In girls, there was a accessory convertible set with clear acrylic half circle boxes set on the bottom. No one told me they were setting it and now that I got the revision signs, I just barely noticed.

How do the 8 signs go on them?

OH!! I have a question. In girls, there was a accessory convertible set with clear acrylic half circle boxes set on the bottom. No one told me they were setting it and now that I got the revision signs, I just barely noticed.

How do the 8 signs go on them?

There's a slot on the back of the bin to slide the sign into.

Back