Archived 54 days of Cartwheel hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had a real shock. Guest came up, asked if we had the toy, said I'd check. I told her the PDA said we had 2, but that I doubted we really had any. She said she'd look. They were both there. This was like 6 PM. Guess those weren't real popular.
Yeah I always used to put emphasis on "it SAYS we MIGHT have 2...." :) covered my ass when we didn't have any, otherwise I had to deal with batshit insane pissed off soccer mom.

I never tell guests the OH counts. I just check all locations on the sales floor and see if there are any backroom locations.

Our DTL instructed us to sub a similar type item that has a similar price.

Really? We were told we weren't allowed to do substitutions or to hold these items.
Yes really. It's like throwing ice cubes in a fire though. Minimally pacifying them.
And with the OG doll promotion, the other dolls were not similarly priced, and even if you would have done it on those, they would have been out the door, too, leaving everyone after about noon screwed and pissy, anyway.

It's things like this that really hurt morale at my store. It really makes a lot of people just not give a shit when it's obvious corporate just half asses things.

It's things like this that really hurt morale at my store. It really makes a lot of people just not give a shit when it's obvious corporate just half asses things.

Your telling me....while on the whole I think the PFresh process is better than when I started...removing the option to order alot of the meats has totally screwed over my presentation and we are constantly out and have holes and its just a mess...and yes they always have the proper OH

Your telling me....while on the whole I think the PFresh process is better than when I started...removing the option to order alot of the meats has totally screwed over my presentation and we are constantly out and have holes and its just a mess...and yes they always have the proper OH
I agree one hundred percent. I always have outs on my meat case, my salads, and now my bagged veggies. I have tons of veggie trays though. Too bad we rarely sell them except during holidays. I'm QMOSing more of them than I ever did when we ordered cut fruit and vegetables.

I agree one hundred percent. I always have outs on my meat case, my salads, and now my bagged veggies. I have tons of veggie trays though. Too bad we rarely sell them except during holidays. I'm QMOSing more of them than I ever did when we ordered cut fruit and vegetables.
They either need to let us order everything or just finish screwing us over by doing all the ordering themselves. Especially if they are going to the cut the stuff we need anyway.

We had two of today's toy at open, and one on hold most of the day fir a guest, since nobody communicated the toy of the day to the opener so when a guest called to have it held they did so.

About 4pm a guest came in asked at gs for the toy, called back to toys tm. I was listening abd told then it was on hold, but the on hand count was accurate. Gsa freaks out, calls stl and tries to demand we unhold it for this guest...totally made my day.

Yesterday I had a real shock. Guest came up, asked if we had the toy, said I'd check. I told her the PDA said we had 2, but that I doubted we really had any. She said she'd look. They were both there. This was like 6 PM. Guess those weren't real popular.
Yeah I always used to put emphasis on "it SAYS we MIGHT have 2...." :) covered my ass when we didn't have any, otherwise I had to deal with batshit insane pissed off soccer mom.

I never tell guests the OH counts. I just check all locations on the sales floor and see if there are any backroom locations.
yep. this is what we had this morning. hurts when it says we have something and its nop not tied to any pog. don't give them hope. make sure it might be there.

God, I hated today's toy.

We had a lady come in around 8:10. My opener called out, so she unfortunately got to deal with me on the lane. She was none to happy when I told her that buying one of the mickey things was fine, but that she couldn't purchase the other two she had, because it was a limit of one per guest.

"I want to speak to the manager."
"Ma'am, I'm actually the front end supervisor. One per guest. I'll be happy to take those for you, if you don't have anyone else in your party that can purchase them."
"You know, I've been to five other stores and none of them had it, can't I just buy them? I'll even use a second cartwheel." I didn't even laugh in her face and explain that all the stores in my district open at the same time.
"One per guest, I'm sorry."

She then flew off the handle for a few minutes, then muttered, "I'll call my sister, but I'm keeping them in my basket."

She spent two hours at Starbucks, until I lost track of her. I can only assume she walked out with all of them when I wasn't paying attention.

Not sure why I cared enough to stop her.

God, I hated today's toy.

We had a lady come in around 8:10. My opener called out, so she unfortunately got to deal with me on the lane. She was none to happy when I told her that buying one of the mickey things was fine, but that she couldn't purchase the other two she had, because it was a limit of one per guest.

"I want to speak to the manager."
"Ma'am, I'm actually the front end supervisor. One per guest. I'll be happy to take those for you, if you don't have anyone else in your party that can purchase them."
"You know, I've been to five other stores and none of them had it, can't I just buy them? I'll even use a second cartwheel." I didn't even laugh in her face and explain that all the stores in my district open at the same time.
"One per guest, I'm sorry."

She then flew off the handle for a few minutes, then muttered, "I'll call my sister, but I'm keeping them in my basket."

She spent two hours at Starbucks, until I lost track of her. I can only assume she walked out with all of them when I wasn't paying attention.

Not sure why I cared enough to stop her.

Then she returns it a week later and bitches because her return value was lowered to match Cartwheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back