Archived Advice about a fellow TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I needed advice from impartial parties and I figured why not the forum I already frequent?

So I'm a sales floor TL and have felt the Presentation TL has been slacking. I understand
they have a large workload and with AE 2014, them taking on sales planners and softlines POGs makes their job even harder. Recently, I've had to pick up their slack because when I check TWT, they have just tied off several POGs (in the green) without communicating to me that workload for my section of the store wasn't going to get done. To avoid this, I said that next time, please just tell me and I'll be happy to do some of the workload because if Presentation fails, the store fails. However, my ETL communicated this was only to be a last resort because POGs are not the main part of my job anymore.So the first week with this communication in mind, I get dropped with over 30 POGs in the middle of the week, at least, because who knows what else they won't have time to finish. This would all be less frustrating, if I didn't know that the Presentation TL loves to chat it up with one of the people in the back. So much so, that they change their schedule so that this TL comes in when their friend TM does (an hour difference). And frequently is helping out the TM with their workload or just not even helping and standing for 30-45 mins chatting with them in the back. I'm all for being friends with coworkers, but when your team isn't getting their jobs done, why are you loafing around?! I want to talk to my ETL about it but at the same time, I just feel like a tattle tale. So should I just let this continue and hope that one of the ETLs finally sees this person slacking or just keep my trap shut? Thanks so much for any advice.

Unfortunately, it's not the end caps. They honestly aren't doing a whole transition section in softlines and they've communicated it to the ETLs and with next week's workload being at 300+, it gets dumped on me. I'm just so frustrated :(

What happen to the hours alotted for that? I would talk to your etl without delay about your concerns. Skipping stuff lost sales for BTS/btc.

Last edited:
Okay, what am I not understanding? If you see the work not getting done, why can't your ETL?

The ETLs do see it not getting done. The TL says that they don't have enough hours this week. So now I just feel like a presentation TM instead of a sales floor TL. And what's more frustrating, is having to audit almost every POG they do to ensure that it was actually done and done right as opposed to just tied off.

lol our pricing TL is kind of like that.. we call her the "mayor" cause she seems to know everyone and has to chat everyone up. she stands around talking then cries to everyone cause her work isnt getting done. so on the note about tattle taling.. are you kind of friendly with any ETLs? i have vented out my frustrations regarding her plenty of times during one-on-ones with my etl.. i dont ever expect anything to change and she gets away with basically murder cause her husband plays golf with our STL but it feels good to get it off my shoulders. Also you should have never said you would pick up the slack cause now shes going to try and get away with dumping as much as she can on you. i am a pog tl and we are so far behind we have only been current one week out of the whole year. we fake tie everything that doesnt get done and work on it the next week over and over. I am not allowed to dump it on fellow team leads... (they still do their own sp's though) If i was you id do what Hardlinesmaster said and just do audits and maybe they will catch on. who knows maybe they already know and are just letting crap build up so they can fire her

I honestly do feel better even just venting here. I only volunteered to help because I was just tired of them never communicating to me that things were getting done or just straight up lying about what they did do. Up until recently, they had been pretty good about being current so I don't know what's changed. Thank you all. I appreciate the input!

my stl audits pogs all the time its frustrating cause he doesnt even understand them and he always tells me we did something wrong so i have to go reaudit it and figure out whats wrong.. ugh.. but we never tie and leave stuff thats just insane.. i love to vent i made it my mission to be less stressed at work so far its working lol.. slightly

also... most of the time there's nothing wrong.. a few the pricing team put the price accuracy stickers on the wrong items... once the price cut flag thingy was moved to the wrong item.. once he was in the wrong aisle

Is it possible the ETLs may be building a bit of a case with the plano TL? So they don't want too many people helping because it'll make them look better than they are? Horribly back-stabby but I've seen it happen so figured I'd ask. When you check TWT I'd just make a note and document what has been tied but not done (and make sure plano knows you know and some of the ETLs know what's going on) otherwise don't worry too much about it--if the ETL says it's not your work just make sure everyone knows it's not you messing up! Not much more you can do.

I always try to keep out of it. That person will either sink or swim. It is frustrating, but I focus on keeping my nose clean, and doing the right thing.

The shit will eventually hit the fan.

I wouldn't tell an ETL unless the TL was doing something harmful or unlawful.

If them not doing their job is reflecting on you in any way shape or form, I would certainly report it . You have to protect yourself.

I personally would not worry about anything you cant control. You shouldnt be stressing over that. People should be doing their job and if there not, believe me, the leads know and eventually something will have to be done. I would just focus on your own things and talk to your ETL about any ideas you may have regarding getting things done if you care that much about it. But like i said, i really wouldnt care about it if its out of your control. Just worry about doing the best job you can do and let the people who should be worrying about that, (TL's) worry about that.

On a side note.. Its good to see others who still care about their store! But caring TOO much about things out of your control will leave you stressed out and frustrated everyday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back