Archived Chargeback Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my parameter room we have a section labeled Chargeback With DPCI and Chargeback With No DPCI, in which there is a cart in each of those lanes usually filled with items. What exactly is this and how do i tackle it? I've gotten a few quick explanations but nobody has really fully explained and shown me how to to take care of these carts. From my understanding, it's items with no label on them so you have to put the yellow sticker on them with the DPCI # on it and then send it to Guest Services. But how do i know what DPCI to put on them when they have no label or barcode on them for me to look up on my PDA? This seems a little confusing, and then the cart labeled with Chargeback With No DPCI, is that items you just can't find the DPCI for but send to Guest Services anyway? Very confused, could use some clarification on the whole Chargeback process and how it works. Thank You.

Also, defective items, are they considered Chargeback items as well?

Chargeback and Defective are the same thing. Some items are thrown in the garbage when defected out, and others (such as salvage, CRC, and ESIM) are sent out of the store. Every store has a different system of organization in their service desk area, so please bear with me. If my post turns out to be inaccurate, I apologize in advance.

Chargeback with DPCI: I would imagine that this cart consists of defective items that have a barcode or previously lacked info and now have a DPCI attached. These items should be ready to be defected out by a service desk TM.

Chargeback with no DPCI: I'm guessing these are defective items with no information. They can't be defected out until someone finds a DPCI. If you can't find an item's DPCI, walk the department in which one would expect to find the item in question. If you're still stumped, use the Flexible Fulfillment iPad at the service desk to search for the item on target.com.

Just out of curiosity, what is the parameter room?

I think i meant to say perimeter room. The side of the floor's store where all the cart's are sorted out. Where you sort out the shopping carts for ReShop, it's right next to the receiving elevators. Maybe my store is different idk lol.

I think i meant to say perimeter room. The side of the floor's store where all the cart's are sorted out. Where you sort out the shopping carts for ReShop, it's right next to the receiving elevators. Maybe my store is different idk lol.

Every store is different, it seems. Our re-shop carts are sorted behind the service desk.

You have receiving elevators? Are you in a multi-level store?

Yeah, same as knownothing, we have the carts for reshop behind the service desk, we have no room like what you described.

Sounds like your process is very different than ours. We have a small bin for rewraps, another for defectives, we defect items in the defective bin, and then put them in their proper bin or box (CRC, Salvage, Donate, Toss, Vendor Pickup, ESIM), then at the end of the night our cart attendant takes back Donate, Toss, Vendor Pickup, and ESIM, and the GSA/GSTL typically takes back the CRC and Salvage. Everything except toss goes to receiving (toss goes in the compacter).

Every store is different, it seems. Our re-shop carts are sorted behind the service desk.

You have receiving elevators? Are you in a multi-level store?

Yes, our levels are on floors 3 and 4. 2 is Best Buy and 1 is just an assortment of small stores. HR and inventory room is level 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back