Do we sell Clearance TVs that are on display?

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the sales floor and I know we used to but lately I’m being told we don’t sell the clearance tvs anymore off the wall. I remember they used to have to be checked by PML and boxed in a generic box and you got nothing but the tv. A guest wants one and he says corporate says we do but stores are telling him no. What’s the official answer? I assume my store doesn’t want the hassle plus an empty spot on the wall looks terrible.

My s
It’s been a while since I’ve been on the sales floor and I know we used to but lately I’m being told we don’t sell the clearance tvs anymore off the wall. I remember they used to have to be checked by PML and boxed in a generic box and you got nothing but the tv. A guest wants one and he says corporate says we do but stores are telling him no. What’s the official answer? I assume my store doesn’t want the hassle plus an empty spot on the wall looks terrible.
My store has been clearing them out our TVs lately for newer ones.

They are slowing taking them off the wall and wrapping them in plastic.

Most of them have the accessories too.

I don't think they are marked clearance until they are off the wall.

I wouldn't buy a TV that has been on at least 12 hours a day for a year or more.

Clearance TV displays can be sold once all box stock for that model has been sold through. The TV came from box stock in the first place.

For the upcoming TV wall transition, TV displays will convert to having their own display DPCI, i.e. class 94. Therefore the SKU will be unique from the model of TV they represent. Although I'm not sure, I'm willing to guess we won't sell the display TVs at that point. But I haven't confirmed that.

Clearance TV displays can be sold once all box stock for that model has been sold through. The TV came from box stock in the first place.

For the upcoming TV wall transition, TV displays will convert to having their own display DPCI, i.e. class 94. Therefore the SKU will be unique from the model of TV they represent. Although I'm not sure, I'm willing to guess we won't sell the display TVs at that point. But I haven't confirmed that.

About time they did this too.

I've been told this is true. Display DPCIs with class 94 are never sold. I would guess we will have to process them out when they come off the POG and they will end up on the CRC pallet.

I agree, it is about time they changed this to displays since it's always been confusing for on hands.

So my only gripe with displays class 94 is that Target sucks at sending all the displays at once and on time. ie. Infant displays. I don't have time to go back and set more displays especially if it's Tvs. The tv wall will be ugly when displays are missing.

So my only gripe with displays class 94 is that Target sucks at sending all the displays at once and on time. ie. Infant displays. I don't have time to go back and set more displays especially if it's Tvs. The tv wall will be ugly when displays are missing.
I saw something either in the may planner, weekly action update, or store communication that indicated there is a new functionality in Item Removal that lets you take sellable inventory, and defect it with a reason code of turning it into a display, so long as you then audit the display DPCI to be equal to 1 after doing so.

Might help with this situation.

I saw something either in the may planner, weekly action update, or store communication that indicated there is a new functionality in Item Removal that lets you take sellable inventory, and defect it with a reason code of turning it into a display, so long as you then audit the display DPCI to be equal to 1 after doing so.

Might help with this situation.

Good to know, thanks!

Back