Does anyone else’s store do this?

blueTieGuy

The Ex Tech Guy
So at my store it has been pretty common for the ETL’s and TL’s to door dash breakfast and or lunch a couple of times a week. But they don’t ever seem to offer anything for the TM’s. What makes it even more annoying is that they feel the need to announce it over the walkie for all to hear. I was just wondering, is this a common practice in anyone else’s store or is it just mine?

Last edited:
Our brass occasionally sprung for lunch stuff in the break room. They shared, No complaints.
Yea I just don’t get the idea of not rewarding/thinking of the people that work so hard for you. Maybe it’s a little silly to bring it up here, but it’s something that’s kind of bothered me for a bit.

PB&J day was always popular. Several different kinds of bread, peanut butter and jellies, preserves. There was always a pot of coffee.
That’s how it should be. Having someone that helps to provide their members with something to munch on and boost morale.

Our ETLs spent half the morning deciding what to get for lunch for themselves and from where, and spent half the afternoon eating it and “statusing”in the training room, every single day. That’s after they spent the first half of the morning “statusing” at Starbucks, and if the SD was off that day, at least a couple of them would sneak out early leaving one poor ETL pacing the floor at clerical waiting for their closer to arrive, so they, too, could escape.😂 Nice work if you can get it. The silver lining to that cloud was that the rest of us really enjoyed that ETL-free time to get stuff done without their micromanaging and interruptions on the walkie.

How much would one pay for a lunch such as the one outlined in the prior post? Never used door dash never will. Yes, obviously the cost varies, just throw out an average #.

Yea I just don’t get the idea of not rewarding/thinking of the people that work so hard for you. Maybe it’s a little silly to bring it up here, but it’s something that’s kind of bothered me for a bit.
You don't work for them... you all work for Target. The only difference is, they make more than you. With that being said, they don't make enough money to treat everyone in the store to a sandwich.

Now, if the CEO of Target came to your store, ordered a pizza delivery, and then ate it in front of you, yeah that's a douche move.

You don't work for them... you all work for Target. The only difference is, they make more than you. With that being said, they don't make enough money to treat everyone in the store to a sandwich.

Now, if the CEO of Target came to your store, ordered a pizza delivery, and then ate it in front of you, yeah that's a douche move.
That’s true, good point.

Back