Archived Experience Pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh, I seriously doubt it.

You get paid based on paygrade. If you're experienced you apply for the TL position, not the TM position, and then you get a higher paygrade, otherwise, no.

Uhh, I seriously doubt it.

You get paid based on paygrade. If you're experienced you apply for the TL position, not the TM position, and then you get a higher paygrade, otherwise, no.
I know they used too. That's sad they don't anymore.

I think some stores were offering experience pay in my district/group last year, because I saw an email printed out from someone at the group level that said that there were stores going above the starting paygrade for experience and they were to stop doing that immediately.

I think some stores were offering experience pay in my district/group last year, because I saw an email printed out from someone at the group level that said that there were stores going above the starting paygrade for experience and they were to stop doing that immediately.
Does that apply to Team Leads too? Or just anything under team lead.

My HR gave me $2 when I first hired on as a TL. Based on what I know now, she was telling telling the truth.

Our TMs were hired at the same rate, which eventually became more than what some TMs with 5 years were currently making. TLs may have more room to negotiate especially if you have a degree.

I was hired well above the base pay rate. Enough that I'm the highest paid APTL in my district. I believe it was due to my previous AP/LP experience, having a degree, and the fact I actively negotiated during the hiring process.

So, yes, you can effectively get experience pay. I just have a feeling that a lot of people who apply to Target don't necessarily have the amount of experience or qualifications (before being hired) that would make the people at the district level say "We need to hire them."

I'd imagine APTL is also a position where getting the right person leads to significant money saved by the store, whereas the difference between a good salesfloor TM and a mediocre one makes much less difference to the company from a fiscal standpoint.

In general I'd figure TL and above would have more wiggle room, and that AP positions in particular would have more than most other TL positions.

I'd imagine APTL is also a position where getting the right person leads to significant money saved by the store, whereas the difference between a good salesfloor TM and a mediocre one makes much less difference to the company from a fiscal standpoint.

In general I'd figure TL and above would have more wiggle room, and that AP positions in particular would have more than most other TL positions.

TL's don't have a lot of wiggle room in negotiation, unless you have a retail heavy background and are being purpose hired for a specific position.

I had two years management experience in customer service before I was promoted to CTL, and was told by my ETL-HR and our DTL that since the experience was customer service, it didn't qualify me for an experience bonus, since I was being promoted to a salesfloor position.

Which is hilarious, because they refused to give me a raise when they transferred me to the meat grinder burnout position that is GSTL, seeing as that's a customer service driven position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back