Archived I think I messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
I was at target with my mom earlier (not the target I work at) and when we were at the checkmate I realized I had more stuff then I had money for so my mom offered to pay for it for me so I could pay her back later. When we rung out the cashier asked if I was using my discount and without thinking I said yes and gave her my card. ( we split the transaction and she put my extra items with hers). She used her red card to pay and now that I thought about it I realized I messed up. If they find out will i be fired , coached, or put on corrective action? It really was a mistake due to poor thinking, am I screwed?

You stated you split the transaction. To my knowledge, I don't think there are any reprocussion for getting an additional discount with using your tm discount and another persons red card. I also highly doubt your store is "tracking" you're every purchase. You should be okay.

Like we did two separate transactions, hers was both of our stuff mixed and she user her card, and mine was just my stuff which I paid with my card I'm just worried because they make it super clear when you start that you're not allowed to use it for someone else.

The only time you are allowed to use your discount with other people is if you are all purchasing a gift (say for a wedding), and your contribution is equal to or more than the other people purchasing. Ex: If you and 3 other friends are purchasing a $100 gift for someone, you can apply your discount as long as you're contributing at least 25% toward the final total.

So in your case, that was technically against policy.
Could you theoretically get in trouble? Yes
Will you get in trouble? Highly unlikely

While AP has the ability to pull up any discount transaction, they typically only do so in the event that they are already watching you for previous suspicious activity. It's unlikely anything will come from it. Don't bring it up, don't do anything shady at work, and you'll be fine.

You should be fine. The only cause for concern would be if this happened regularly, but it's not a big deal if it happened once and if some of your items were included.

I think can give anyone a discount as long as you are actually with them physically and shopping with them.

I think can give anyone a discount as long as you are actually with them physically and shopping with them.

Not quite. The Team Member Discount is only supposed to be used by yourself. The only people able to use your discount are your dependents, so any children and a spouse, but they need to get a dependent card for themselves.

You will be fine. I used my discount for my mom on a few occasions when I was new and didn't know any better and also shortly before I quit when I stopped caring. Granted, she was always with me shopping but yes, it is technically a violation. However, nothing came of it when I did it. Just don't make it a habit and don't be on anyone's shit list. If they wanted to be assholes, they could use it against you.

If your mother paid cash I'd be concerned. But since she used her own card(not a red card), the discount didn't apply to that half of the transaction.

If your mother paid cash I'd be concerned. But since she used her own card(not a red card), the discount didn't apply to that half of the transaction.
This isn't how it works. If you use a TM discount the pos will not accept payment from a card other than a redcard (or target credit union).

Just be able to explain the situation clearly if you get called in about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back