Archived Is there any way to know what days your store takes trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarZHAYnotTarGET

Former Salesfloor TM
Sometimes in the PDA I can see that we have an item out of stock with 0 in the backroom, but we have some on the way from the distribution center (DC to store). Is there someone or something in my store (like workbench) that can tell me when the trucks come so I can give guests an idea of when the next shipment will come in?

Sometimes in the PDA I can see that we have an item out of stock with 0 in the backroom, but we have some on the way from the distribution center (DC to store). Is there someone or something in my store (like workbench) that can tell me when the trucks come so I can give guests an idea of when the next shipment will come in?

Any logistics leader should be able to tell you what days your trucks come. If you're in a high-volume store, you probably have a truck every night.

The Z-date and related info in Item Search should be taken with a grain of salt, as such info is not guaranteed to be accurate (due to a late truck, unworked push, merchandise arrived damaged, etc.). After offering to check other stores for the item in question, I generally suggest to guests that they call back.

Okay, likely we have a truck every night then. AA volume PFresh store. Thanks

AA is anywhere from 5-8 GM trucks a week depending on season, more during 4th quarter, and 2-3 food trucks. RWT will show you if you have a truck coming that night.

Most important remember this, the PDA can say its on the next truck, but it might not. Never promise a guest it will be there, I always tell them its active product and we should get some, when is up to the DC and we can't control it. Look up the item at other stores and see if it is sold on-line give them an out to find it. But never promise we will get more on a certain date - EVER! Cause you will have cursed yourself.. That will be that one time it will have gone D-code and clearance on the same day.. ;)

How do you tell if something is "on the way from the dc"? I tell them trucks come nightly but there is no way to tell what is on it. We've had other stores' pallets come to us, and ours to other stores after all...

How do you tell if something is "on the way from the dc"? I tell them trucks come nightly but there is no way to tell what is on it. We've had other stores' pallets come to us, and ours to other stores after all...

On the PDA in item search see the book icon, top right corner? click that

Then you see a bunch of tabs, In-Stocks, Help Guest, POG. Click In-Stocks.

That tab should show last pull, received time and if any on the way from the DC to Store..

It can give a clue, but not reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back