Archived Medical Leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at Target part-time for 6 months. My question concerns asking for a medical leave. Is it possible to be granted medical leave if I have been with the company for less than a year? I may have to get my gall bladder taken out, and would need a 2 week recovery time, per doctor. I know to ask the GSTL, but I wanted to check in here first to see what I'd be dealing with.

I really like working at my store, and would be so upset if I had to quit for this.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Talk with your etl hr to get the ball rolling . Then, once your surgery date is set you will need to call the third party company Spot uses( Hewitt) They, will mail ( or fax if your surgery date is fast approaching) a release form so they can talk to your Doc, about how long you will be out and to verify everything. I would also, get some kind of form from your Doc stating you will be having surgery to turn in to the Hr team. Honestly, its not that difficult at all...just make sure you keep copies of everything just in case . ALWAYS, protect yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back