Archived Need help with closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm closing guest service a couple of days next week. I have an idea of what to do for closing but I'm not entirely sure yet. I read the wiki already, but it just goes through an overview for closing and I still need help.

Feel free to check out our Service Desk guide: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/service-desk.21/

If your store is anything like mine, you'll be responsible for sorting re-shop, getting all the defectives finished, and making sure the service desk area is not a mess. If your team uses Smart Sort (which EVERY store should), be sure to close all carts and defective bins, and box up your Vendor Pickup and NOP merchandise. Salvage and CRC defectives may have to be audited by the GSTL or LOD before someone (usually the cart attendant) takes them back to receiving. P-Fresh or Super Target? Don't forget about the QMOS. If Guest Service isn't responsible for QMOSing perishable food products, make sure a market TM comes to take care of it. On Saturdays, you'll have to post the pages for the next week's ad on the board.

When in doubt, ask your GSTL what they would like you to prioritize (other than guests, obviously).

Thanks, do you know where I put all of the boxes in receiving (salvage,crc and toss)?

Thanks, do you know where I put all of the boxes in receiving (salvage,crc and toss)?

Red Toss will go into the compactor and must be tossed by the LOD. Salvage and CRC will be handled by the receiving/reverse logistics TM the next morning, so there should be a designated drop-off area for defectives. At my store, we have a specific pallet for guest service drop-off so the receiver can process the items for outbound tracking.

If I remember correctly, best practice states that the service desk TM should not be the one to bring defectives to receiving (for coverage and AP reasons), so a cart attendant or other TM should do it if possible.

We've literally never had anyone other than the GS TM do it that I'm aware of. We box them up after auditing labels and sticking the color code stickers on the box, using the tamper-indicating tape on the CRC stuff, then head back with all of that plus toss/ESIM bin, NOP if it's full and vendor product if it's Tues-Thurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back