Sales Floor New GM Training

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
Is anyone's store rolling a new GM expert training series? Our store is, not sure if it's company-wide yet or if we're a pilot, but it looks pretty slick. It's a combo of online prep training followed up by working with TMs on the day's theme. Four shifts--assess your area, working the truck, daily work, checking out/review.

I was being trained on the training as a trainer, and I asked my ETL if existing TMs would be undergoing the training (as, let's face it, we never got trained in the first place) and she wasn't sure, but I gotta be honest, I kind of want to hit up the computer modules. There's so much terminology and processes and stuff that I only really know about from here, and a lot of stuff I'm still hazy on almost two years in, and a standardized refresher sounds like it might be useful.

Especially if I'm to be working with the new TMs that are going through it. Seems like it would be good to know what they're being told and what not being told, though my ETL did come up with a checklist of all the things it doesn't really cover. Eg. it doesn't have screen shots of the steps you take to drop a 1 for 1, find the batch in Move, and pull it.

Back