Archived Our registers have the plague...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our registers were slow up until noon today. GSTL rebooted all of the guest service registers and that only *slightly* fixed the issue. Guests were complaining as lines backed up due to the delay. Anyone else's store deal with this?

This weekend was the weekend from hell. We lost all 19 FE registers at once (includes FA and service desk)

I've never seen a tech support Target worker during my 6 year sentence. Then again, Target is very secretive about AP and other areas in the store. I had one ETL say that we aren't even suppose to know what the plain clothed AP people look like even though some of the dummies are seen walking with the uniform AP guy. Not very slick or clever.

I've never seen a tech support Target worker during my 6 year sentence. Then again, Target is very secretive about AP and other areas in the store. I had one ETL say that we aren't even suppose to know what the plain clothed AP people look like even though some of the dummies are seen walking with the uniform AP guy. Not very slick or clever.
That's hilarious. Like, you wouldn't recognize the guy who eats lunch in the breakroom? hahahahaha Your ETL was on drugs.

I rarely eat lunch in the breakroom. I usually eat at food avenue looking out the window and thinking about what could have been. :p

Registers were at it again yesterday, we had one order crash three registers. Crashed one, moved them to another, that one crashed too, third time crashed too, 4th finally worked. Somehow the guest remained fairly tolerant during the ordeal of having their stuff rang up four times.

Registers were at it again yesterday, we had one order crash three registers. Crashed one, moved them to another, that one crashed too, third time crashed too, 4th finally worked. Somehow the guest remained fairly tolerant during the ordeal of having their stuff rang up four times.

Could it have been a specific item that kept crashing the registers? One time when I was cashing, I had a guest with a gift card or something, and when I scanned it, the register would freeze and crash. My GSTL figured out that it was the gift card(?) after the third register crashed.

We had someone come in to fix the self checkout this past Sunday. He couldn't do anything because he couldn't get through to the goddamn helpdesk.

Is Help desk the CALL NCR number, or is it different?

Because hooboy, we apparently lost EIGHT registers last night, and they have yet to come back to being usable, and apparently no one called because SFT is on vacation. I have the feeling I'm gonna be on the phone all day tomorrow.

We managed to get all but 3 up in the checklanes; one went down at FA along with the SB register. In the majority of cases, they freeze during a trans, flickering some until you simply have to shut them down & reboot. Sometimes they come up, sometimes they won't let you log in & sometimes they get stuck in an endless loop.
Sounds like the previous tech team left a poison pill in the system before they got canned.

Every time I see the title of this thread, I picture the registers all swollen and covered in purple spots.

Sounds like the previous tech team left a poison pill in the system before they got canned.

Or perhaps Oriental rat fleas?

Black Friday isn't getting any further away. We aren't in as bad of shape as some of you, but we certainly don't have all our registers up to speed, and hopes are fading fast that they will be. This is gonna be a complete nightmare in a few weeks.

But I'm not saying a word. I complained for a month that we were running out of receipt paper. They ignored me. Today, we had to send an ETL to another store for receipt paper and medium bags. I doubt they ever did order either of them. But I've decided I'm done fighting it. If this is how they want to run the business, all I can do is stand back and watch the higher ups deal with the chaos. They certainly don't have to listen to me...but they might save themselves some trouble if they did on occasion.

Black Friday isn't getting any further away. We aren't in as bad of shape as some of you, but we certainly don't have all our registers up to speed, and hopes are fading fast that they will be. This is gonna be a complete nightmare in a few weeks.

But I'm not saying a word. I complained for a month that we were running out of receipt paper. They ignored me. Today, we had to send an ETL to another store for receipt paper and medium bags. I doubt they ever did order either of them. But I've decided I'm done fighting it. If this is how they want to run the business, all I can do is stand back and watch the higher ups deal with the chaos. They certainly don't have to listen to me...but they might save themselves some trouble if they did on occasion.

Who does your ordering? Perhaps you should offer to *help* to relieve some of the burden of your GSTL or ETL. I order for the front lanes and was told by the STL, "Hey, quit buying stuff." To which I replied, "I'm stockpiling for Q4. I've run out of bags and receipt paper and ink and catalina coupon paper before. That will never happen again in my (Target) lifetime."

If you need part numbers for the critical items, PM me. If you order them without permission, what are they gonna do? Fire you during Q4? Or give you a Silver Star (or Purple Heart as the case may be) for being on top of the situation.

Who does your ordering? Perhaps you should offer to *help* to relieve some of the burden of your GSTL or ETL. I order for the front lanes and was told by the STL, "Hey, quit buying stuff." To which I replied, "I'm stockpiling for Q4. I've run out of bags and receipt paper and ink and catalina coupon paper before. That will never happen again in my (Target) lifetime."

If you need part numbers for the critical items, PM me. If you order them without permission, what are they gonna do? Fire you during Q4? Or give you a Silver Star (or Purple Heart as the case may be) for being on top of the situation.

Our ordering is f-ed up. There are only a couple of people left with permission to do it. After handing and emailing list upon list to my GSTLs and ETL, one of my GSTLs got annoyed and told me I was the new captain for ordering front end supplies. So I gave my list to the person who does the ordering. She did about half of it, and handed the rest back to me and said she needed numbers. Since I don't have access to sap, I can't do anything to get the numbers. So I handed it back to the GSTL and told him he could have it, because I didn't have any way to get the numbers, nor was the person who does the ordering willing to work with me. And instead of doing anything about it, they ignored it for a few more weeks.

So I tried changing the system, and the system won't change. So now all I can do is ignore it and hope eventually the GSTLs get raked over the coals for not doing their job...which frustrates me, because that's not how I operate, but I can't make anyone care. And if they get paid as much as they do to not care, then why should I.

If you need numbers, I can get them for you. I know it's hard to care, but it makes your job harder if you don't have supplies. I could even email you a list of the commonly used items if you'd like.

I'd definitely love a set of item numbers. I've got most, but having an easy list to print off and laminate would make my GSAs life easier.

Also, I feel accomplished today. Service visits for six registers tomorrow, and I'm mailing off two flatbeds, eight pdas and one card reader. On the other hand, I'm gonna choke my SFT for not ccing me the register readiness report after he did it in September.

Let me know if it's okay to upload a list and where you'd like it uploaded. Do you need the gift card DPCIs? I need to update that list from the recent reset. I've got front end, equipment (kinda scant), housekeeping and cash office any time you're ready. Of course, it doesn't have everything, but there's plenty to keep your store up and running.

Redman,
Send it to RG in a private conversation (upper RH corner, click "inbox").

I wonder who reads the crash reports, and if they have a sense of humor. yesterday when a computer rebooted and I got the prompt asking what happened, I typed in that our computers have ebola.

Everything in me wants to put something snarky everytime it happens, but I don't want to get in trouble for being rude to this faceless person who probably doesn't actually do anything with the information we give them.

I wonder who reads the crash reports, and if they have a sense of humor. yesterday when a computer rebooted and I got the prompt asking what happened, I typed in that our computers have ebola.

Everything in me wants to put something snarky everytime it happens, but I don't want to get in trouble for being rude to this faceless person who probably doesn't actually do anything with the information we give them.

Back when I worked for Big Box Bookstore our registers would generate error reports and I wrote in one 'Needs percussive maintenance'.
We got a passive aggressive note from the IT guys the next day saying "Please refrain from allowing your staff to express their pent up frustrations on the cash registers."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back