Archived Pay difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out if I were to move to California what a Plano tl would make there. What their pay would be starting at. Would it be the same as in the Midwest? Like has anybody ever transferred and received a pay increase because the cost of living is higher?

What do they consider higher? Like I'm at 14.94 after my review and I know California just passed minimum wage to be raised to 15 by 2022. So as a team lead I feel I would get more

What do they consider higher? Like I'm at 14.94 after my review and I know California just passed minimum wage to be raised to 15 by 2022. So as a team lead I feel I would get more
TLs in my area of CA, now that PG11 has been eliminated, start at around 15. That could mean you'd be bumped to 15, but not past that... which would not be such a great upgrade for you. Of course I cannot speak for certainty there!

TLs in my area of CA, now that PG11 has been eliminated, start at around 15. That could mean you'd be bumped to 15, but not past that... which would not be such a great upgrade for you. Of course I cannot speak for certainty there!
Ya that would sort of sick

Eventually. It only matters what the current base pay starts at. Typically minimum wage, but sometimes a little higher (usually in areas with low minimums). California is escalating pay on a yearly scale, so each year they will check if your wage is below the new floor of your paygrade. Only those lower get any increase, so functionally raises mean nothing until 2022 because the $1 minimum wage increase will be greater than a merit increase.

Eventually. It only matters what the current base pay starts at. Typically minimum wage, but sometimes a little higher (usually in areas with low minimums). California is escalating pay on a yearly scale, so each year they will check if your wage is below the new floor of your paygrade. Only those lower get any increase, so functionally raises mean nothing until 2022 because the $1 minimum wage increase will be greater than a merit increase.
So why would any TM in California work their ass off for a good review if they will end up making the exact same as the TM who slacked off all year?

Usually when minimum goes up, everyone gets bumped up to the minimum. Then, your merit increase is applied. Fore example say at review tim you got an E review and a 3% pay raise. If say you we're at $9.65 and the minimum is going to $10. First your pay will be bumped to $10 , then your merit increase will be applied, so you would be at $10.29. I guess they do this to prevent mass exodus of all the seasoned workers.

Usually when minimum goes up, everyone gets bumped up to the minimum. Then, your merit increase is applied. Fore example say at review tim you got an E review and a 3% pay raise. If say you we're at $9.65 and the minimum is going to $10. First your pay will be bumped to $10 , then your merit increase will be applied, so you would be at $10.29. I guess they do this to prevent mass exodus of all the seasoned workers.
That's true to some extent, but the raises aren't happening at the same time. You get your review now which jumps you from 9.65 to 9.93, before everyone is bumped to $10 in a few months. Then your next years raise gets you to 10.30, which is again cancelled out when CA's minimum goes to 10.50.

So why would any TM in California work their ass off for a good review if they will end up making the exact same as the TM who slacked off all year?
You often don't find out is happening til the end of that years review period. This you've already slaved for no reward. I'm sure they plan it this way.

The real question is how the metrics for retention will effect tls reviews, especially etl and stl. Cause we've already lost tons in the first quarter and I'm sure more after reviews are done.

You often don't find out is happening til the end of that years review period. This you've already slaved for no reward. I'm sure they plan it this way.

The real question is how the metrics for retention will effect tls reviews, especially etl and stl. Cause we've already lost tons in the first quarter and I'm sure more after reviews are done.
But in California, TMs already know that it's going up a specific amount every year for the next 5 years.

How did you not know about the minimum wage change? I thought all adults living in California knew about it...It was also posted in TSC years ago...

How did you not know about the minimum wage change? I thought all adults living in California knew about it...It was also posted in TSC years ago...
I don't live in cali...along with the other 49 states... ;) which means my change is different from your change, and i believe target went father than the state i work in had voted for state wide.

Thus last year i worked my ass off hoping to get above 9.20 and instead they jumped us to 9, so i made it to 9.40. They jumped us to 10 that fall. Randomly. The only jumps we knew ahead i already exceed. But for the rest, it cane without warning. So you didn't know that they were going to give you another dollar if you hung on till fall.

Plus who reads those signs, and how many fall down? We've redone those boards the times this year.

That's true to some extent, but the raises aren't happening at the same time. You get your review now which jumps you from 9.65 to 9.93, before everyone is bumped to $10 in a few months. Then your next years raise gets you to 10.30, which is again cancelled out when CA's minimum goes to 10.50.
Thats not how we did it here. We got to have are merit increases added to the new minimum. At least thats how we did it when our minimum wage went up. Asants i guess.

Even though team members have the same position in California they will not always be paid the same based on what part of California you are working at. Team members in the Bay Area have different base rates based on the cost of living and the same is similar for those in the LA area. There are also different rates of shift differential pay for team members working overnight shifts based on your location. California has some very strict labor laws and local areas can also add even more rules on top of the already strict laws and rates of pay. A Plano team member starting in my area of CA has a starting rate of 10.50 I do not know the rate for starting leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back