Archived Red card and employee discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have a red card, I was wondering if its okay if I use my aunt's red card with my employee discount. I still need to apply for a debit card

Don't do it. Would you want someone else to use your card (if you had one)?

I don't see a problem with it if you have her permission. I've let my coworker use my redcard and he just pays me back.

I've been told that it's illegal to use someone else's debit or credit card of any kind, regardless of permission. People do it all the time, but I wouldn't risk it in my workplace.

Disclaimer: I haven't bothered to any research on this and don't plan to.

Last edited:
I don't think it would work. As far as I recall your redcard is linked to your employee number.

And if you get your own, some cashier in your store will get the credit. (And so will your store) If you do decide to get one go to a cashier who is struggling with getting redcards. If you don't know who it would be, then ask your gstl/GSA who needs the most help with redcards

So we tell our TMs, and I have been told by my boss, that we are supposed to use our own payment method when using an employee discount. Whether it is enforced varies from store to store.

It can be considered an illegal use of the TM discount for a non-TM. You using your TM discount with your aunt's card.

The transaction will come up as her name on the card using your discount.

It can be considered an illegal use of the TM discount for a non-TM. You using your TM discount with your aunt's card.

The transaction will come up as her name on the card using your discount.
Nailed It!

I don't think it would work. As far as I recall your redcard is linked to your employee number.

False.
I can't find anything about it, and don't recall if anyone's card got denied when they use employee discount and someone else's redcard. It seems to be in the grey area - or non existent answer in the Target pay and benefits financial area. it says who can and can't use the members discount card. it says what "redcards" you can use, but does not specify that it has to be your own redcard.

If your red card ( as a team member) was linked to your employee number then you wouldn't have to use your discount card to begin with.....when you used your red card it would automatically take the 10% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back