Archived Review Grades this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an IE cause I suck at showing up on time and I got .25. Which was more than last year when I got an E. I wonder what I could have gotten if I actually wanted to make it in on time.

Salary sharing is not a good thing to do anywhere. I learned that years ago when someone I worked with asked me what I was making, and it ended up I came on board with a much higher salary then anyone who was in my group. It causes a lot of animosity even in families.
iVibe - what happens if you only get a 13 cent raise? Are you going to ask your boss why everyone else got 50 cents? If your TL wants to give you a breakdown, that's great - but if he/she says - you aren't supposed to be discussing salaries - suck it up.

I got a E (the highest out of everyone in my area of the store) and got .75 raise :D

I got an EX and a 1.67 raise.

Dang what were you guys making before your reviews to get such high raises? I think the highest any TM in my store got was in the 40 cent range, and that was from an Ex review score.

Btw, I've been with target for over 4 years and make .19 cents more than brand new team members in my department. I'm hoping to finally get above $10 an hour although CA minimum wage goes up in Jan 2016. And if they do what they did last time, I will be making the EXACT same as new TMs in my department after 5 years.

Last edited:
I got my worst review EVER this year. Funny how my sales and survey scores are green, though. For the most part, I have a great team who does their job well. Wtf! Good thing I am leaving. My ETL can kiss my ass when I leave today. I will never set foot in my store again. I will shop at other Targets, but not this one.

It is so weird how all my other reviews were awesome, but this one sucked butt. Hmm. I swear it is Target's "out with the old and in with the new" mentality.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Salary sharing is not a good thing to do anywhere. I learned that years ago when someone I worked with asked me what I was making, and it ended up I came on board with a much higher salary then anyone who was in my group. It causes a lot of animosity even in families.
iVibe - what happens if you only get a 13 cent raise? Are you going to ask your boss why everyone else got 50 cents? If your TL wants to give you a breakdown, that's great - but if he/she says - you aren't supposed to be discussing salaries - suck it up.
If he/she says you aren't supposed to be discussing salaries, call the labor board, because that is illegal. The days of not discussing salary, so companies don't have to pay fairly, needs to go out the window. It's not doing the workers any favors by not talking about wages...only the companies. Don't fall for the lie that we need to be silent to protect ourselves. It doesn't work that way.

That sounds like something someone in management, or quasi management, would say.

Dang what were you guys making before your reviews to get such high raises? I think the highest any TM in my store got was in the 40 cent range, and that was from an Ex review score.

The raises include the bump in base pay. My raise was $.85. 50 of it was being bumped to the new N07 base pay meaning my actual raise was $.35 for an EX.

My base pay was already bumped maybe a month ago. If I don't get the same raise as them, who cares? We are close and I'm happy for them. I am also looking for a second job once my family situation is figured out, something that takes a lot of my attention and a lot of hospital visits.

The raises include the bump in base pay. My raise was $.85. 50 of it was being bumped to the new N07 base pay meaning my actual raise was $.35 for an EX.
Before I was making 8.75. And started in July. And I'm a minor plus the only willing person to come in early, cross train. Do TL (my TL doesn't help us much) and the only person who works in food area in my store

I have a question. How do you guys feel when you get your review and your manager says your overall review rating is EXCELLENT. So your new raise is .22 cents more!

Don't you feel bummed out? I know I would say to myself, my performance is EX, but shouldn't i get a whole dollar or 2 more than this? wtf???

Do you ever secretly take it as an insult?

I have a question. How do you guys feel when you get your review and your manager says your overall review rating is EXCELLENT. So your new raise is .22 cents more!

Don't you feel bummed out? I know I would say to myself, my performance is EX, but shouldn't i get a whole dollar or 2 more than this? wtf???

Do you ever secretly take it as an insult?
Normally you both know reviews are a joke. They feel like crap giving you a shitty raise and you don't hold it against them.

It's the idiots who really think the quarter raise is great that you give shit to.

Before I was making 8.75. And started in July. And I'm a minor plus the only willing person to come in early, cross train. Do TL (my TL doesn't help us much) and the only person who works in food area in my store

I promise you, the majority of your $.75 raise was bumping you to the new base level of your paygrade. The fact that you started in July means your actual merit increase was prorated to be about half of what it would have been had you worked the full fiscal year.

I feel insulted when I get an EX and see how little the increase is compared to the old scale ($.20 - $.60) for TM raises. When you account for inflation, my first annual raise was almost double the amount I got this year (not including the base pay bump).

Started at 8.25 in November,promoted in January to 9.25 to pog team. IE on all but TL gave me E. Got a 70 c raise. Make 10.15 now

While I think everyone has the right to discuss how much they make etc...I don't do it ...and usually I wont read and or listen to others talk about it . Why? Because it leads to...well if they are making xxx then why am I making xxx. I don't even talk about my review for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back