Archived So how are your guest survey scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible here. I thought the new reporting / thresholds would give us a bit of a break, but it's been bright bright red for the last month.

Same across the district. And region.

Is anybody having any results due to effort? Those that are green that I've called up aren't doing anything different or out of the ordinary. They just happen to be green because they've always been green.

Terrible here. I thought the new reporting / thresholds would give us a bit of a break, but it's been bright bright red for the last month.

Same across the district. And region.

Is anybody having any results due to effort? Those that are green that I've called up aren't doing anything different or out of the ordinary. They just happen to be green because they've always been green.

My ETL-GE proudly announced that my store is finally green a month ago. Our score hovers around 92-95% with the overwhelming majority of the scores being a 10. We didn't used to be green, in fact for the entire time I was working before we went green, our scores were consistently in the 60%-65% range. This is going to sound very kool-aid-ish, but most of the people at the store attribute the higher scores to CIHYFSing most (if not all) guests and increased cashier friendliness. The guest survey comments show that in my store at least, the guests appreciate just the 5-second display of interest in their shopping. The official list that the ETL-GE has of reasons our scores have improved based on surveys is: TM Genuine Interest, Cashier Friendliness, and Checkout In a Reasonable Time. There was a HUGE push complete with ETL walks, ETL and TL walking chats with TMs, coachings, and huddle announcements about the "importance of asking EVERY guest." Personally, EVERY GUEST is unreasonable because there are always guests who just ignore you or are on their phones, so I make no further effort. We implemented a vibe card drawing where every 3 days the ETLs draw 2 vibe cards written by a TM for guest service of some sort and the winners get a decent prize, usually a giftcard, which boosted the amount of "genuine interest" there was.

Does your store have set guest first backup cashiering hours? Since my store implemented a guest first schedule the checkout speeds have improved across the board, and that kicked the surveys up a good bit because of how people just hate waiting in line, so they would score us a 4. Once we implemented the schedules, most TMs know that during their hour they are expected to respond and respect that, and then the GSTL calls additional backup as needed and our Checkout in a Reasonable Time scores skyrocketed.

We've consistently been in the top 5 in the group for the past few weeks (months maybe).

We've also been top 5 in all Checkout metrics the past few weeks as well - Big correlation I believe. Front end is a huge driver in this metric; after all, they do tell the guest about the survey and are the last impression.

My ETL-GE explained it to me like this. The problem is, the scores are a four week rolling, based on the month. So whatever you get that first week of the month really sets the stage. So that first week, let's say you get a 90. Yay, you're green. But that means next week the highest you're going to get is 95. The lower that first week score, the more dismal that second week score is going to look, and you'll spend the month trying to catch up. I asked my ETL-GE what happens if it's s five week month, but he didn't have an answer for that...so I'm still a bit fuzzy on this all.

Anyone who cashiers for long periods of time knows that a high speed score at the beginning of your shift means it's only going to go down by the end. And similarly, a low speed score at the beginning of your shift is impossible to bring up very far by the end.

Our survey scores are terrible. We're ranked almost dead last in the district. Our front end has been green across the board lately which is amazing considering it was almost a black hole not to long ago. This probably explains why we get a visit every week or 2 it seems.

Ours our horible, penultimate in the group. We are now a group focus store. Its still are first week of being so, and its terrible six visits in six days. It mostly has to do with going from an AAA to an AA store. we have a lot less payroll for salesfloor, frontlanes are slow. So yeah its been a rough week, afterwhile hopefully the number of visits will decrease. I don't know how long my store can keep this dog and pony show going.

My store has been red/yellow since I've worked there. We have a few areas that are usually green (front lanes included - we've somehow been killing it with red cards). The new threshold gave us a bump and we were 1% under green...then dipped. Now we're about 2% or 3% under. We should just give up. Guests apparently complain they can't find anything - not that they can't find US, just the product. Well, based on the number of times I've helped a guest find something that was literally right in front of their face, I'd say that was an issue that had nothing to do with the store...so I'm not sure why it's on our store survey.

Weve been red for weeeeeeks :/

Every huddle they keep saying each individual item is a 8 9 or 10, but the overall is 6 or 7 for most of the surveys. So theyre telling us to talk it up like, we really want a 8,9,10 blah blah.

If thats the real problem, why not just eliminate the "overall" field and make it an invisible-to-taker average of the preceding questions?

We were red for a loooong portion of last year, I have no clue why. No matter what we did we came back red or yellow.

Now at the moment, we've been green for a long time, and I am also puzzled as to why that is. The store is a flaming hot mess, nothing is zoned anymore, there is hardly anyone on the floor, call-ins are constant, hours are tight, morale is low...the list goes on. And the thing that's sad is, since we're green, no one gives a crap about any of the problems that are staring them in the face. It creates a very depressing work environment, and I'm happy to be getting out of there soon.

We were red for a loooong portion of last year, I have no clue why. No matter what we did we came back red or yellow.

Now at the moment, we've been green for a long time, and I am also puzzled as to why that is. The store is a flaming hot mess, nothing is zoned anymore, there is hardly anyone on the floor, call-ins are constant, hours are tight, morale is low...the list goes on. And the thing that's sad is, since we're green, no one gives a crap about any of the problems that are staring them in the face. It creates a very depressing work environment, and I'm happy to be getting out of there soon.

now i understand! when our store was an absolute ruckus (no zones, shit everywhere, no guest service) we here high yellow and even green. Since the crackdown on "improvement in these areas" weve been red for weeks on end...

Wonder if ill get coached if i bring it up in mondays huddle :eek:

I'd like to see a comparison chart of high guest survey scores versus sales. We're top in our district for guest survey but haven't made sales in a week and a half. Which is more important to spot?

We had always got mostly 8s so our score went green when 8s counted as amazed. Before that we were lucky to crack yellow.

I haven't been to work in over a week, but when I was there we were still green and only have been since the new metrics. I don't think the survey scores are really about how well you're doing. I think it's about how many people you convince to do the survey.

I don't even think my store should be green. I think people are just getting the right guests to take the survey.

We are pretty much never anything but green. We are also killing sales.. so much so that we can't even spend our payroll with the team we have and we are giving payroll away to other stores to use.

oh god no, no one is allowed OT. I should have said that we have so much payroll because we don't have nearly enough team members working. We were golden last year and this year we are up 20%!!!! in sales. The trucks we get are huge and getting them done is a huge issue. We are doing 400+ ship from store orders each day and have three tm's in that dept. We spend most of the day running around with our heads cut off trying to get the truck done, ship from store, and actually help guests.

We were always hanging just under 80 when that was the goal, now that it's 90 we are consistently in the mid 80s. Noticed in our guest comments one horrible service desk TM keeps getting mentioned by name, great comments, complete opposite of actual performance. Been going on for months now, we still get the comments about a mouthy person at guest service that made their trip terrible though. So Whats to keep a crappy TM from grabbing a few random receipts and talking themselves up on the surveys to offset their actual performance?

So Whats to keep a crappy TM from grabbing a few random receipts and talking themselves up on the surveys to offset their actual performance?

An ETL once told me that HQ tracks the IP addresses, in case any TM's try to pull one over on the surveys. Just be careful... You can be terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back