Archived So???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that you can't take your break at the end of your shift? Is this true?? I know others who do it...

I was told that you can't take your break at the end of your shift? Is this true?? I know others who do it...

You're not supposed to, it's explicitly stated in the employee handbook.

But like you said, we all know people who do it.

Sometimes it works out that way, but as a "normal" thing to do - yeah No..

oh-hell-no.jpg

I know people that will if they got caught up with guests and other more time sensitive work and can't take it towards the middle of their shift (~2 hrs or whatever), but you're supposed to try to avoid it. I've had to take mine an hour before I'm off just because working in market I get caught up in getting stuff out, but try not to make a habit of it.

our 3 in stock tms always take their breaks at the end of their shift, they go home at 2pm and like clock work walk into the breakroom at 1:45pm sit for 15 mins then clock out and go home.
No one ever says a thing, cause they work hard and do their job and push truck and do all sorts of things. I think as long as you do your job and work hard, it will not be questioned, at least at my store.

not allowed in my store. my team works 4-12:30 they have to have their last break by 11:15 i make sure of it. same with lunch.. no later that 9:30 . they all know how I feel about that crap so they dont even try it. I think its ridiculous to take your last break then go home. to me its like just standing in front of the time clock waiting for that last minute to punch out.

Why on earth would you do that? Seems like the epitome of laziness..

Actually its anything but laziness. If I didn't care about the mess of PTM I have on the floor or the unlabeled pegs and shelves then yeah I would just walk off and take my break. But no I push my break time to finish it and make it presentable and shoppable before taking my break.

i guess i am a little strict with my team... they know how i feel about messes after the store is open... no garbage on the floor no product on the floor (actual floor like on the ground) everything has to be kept neat in carts,tubs whatever. save steps why put your trash in a cart when your going to have to put it in a bag anyways.. just get a bag and do it all at once. They should be able to walk from whatever they are doing at any time and their area is guest friendly.
i dunno about anyone else but i dont wanna hang around .. im certainly not going to sit in the breakroom for 15 minutes just twiddling my thumbs so i can clock out. sometimes i dont take my last break cause im too busy but i think as a leader its important that i make sure my team takes their breaks and i do that.

I worked with a girl recently who did this. She hardly got anything done her entire shift and then took her last break right before her shift ended. I don't really care except that her laziness put a strain on the rest of us trying to get everything done in our area. The break without trying to help us out before she left was like a slap in the face. I wouldn't do that to my co-workers.

I take mine so that I have 45 mins left. Mostly everyone does this. I think you're supposed to take your last break before the last hour mark. Either way, I feel that I'm being paid to do nothing for 15 mins. That's not going to change because I took it closer to the end of my shift.

Also I feel bad if I take a break when there's so much to do. So I end up waiting. Or not taking it.

I worked with a girl recently who did this. She hardly got anything done her entire shift and then took her last break right before her shift ended. I don't really care except that her laziness put a strain on the rest of us trying to get everything done in our area. The break without trying to help us out before she left was like a slap in the face. I wouldn't do that to my co-workers.

so many lazy people, i think it is a generation thing, I could be wrong though. At my store most, not ALL, of the young people generally are lazy, we had 10 people last week pushing pfresh and it took them 3 hours just to push 3 pallets, wtf. 3 pallets with 10 people that should be about 1 1/2 hours TOPS. All they did was chat chat chat, there was of course, no LOD or ETL around, that day.

You are not supposed to but if you were not given a break in which you were scheduled, you can take it at the end of the shift.

so many lazy people, i think it is a generation thing, I could be wrong though. At my store most, not ALL, of the young people generally are lazy, we had 10 people last week pushing pfresh and it took them 3 hours just to push 3 pallets, wtf. 3 pallets with 10 people that should be about 1 1/2 hours TOPS. All they did was chat chat chat, there was of course, no LOD or ETL around, that day.

HAHA...wow..3 pallets with 10 people and it took them that long. On Mondays we usually have 1 Freezer, 1 Dairy and 1 Produce with 3 people pushing and someone in the backroom backstocking and they are usually done in 3 hours.

I could probably push Produce and like half of another pallet by myself

to dream of only 1 dairy and 1 produce and 1 freezer ... weekdays, Tuesday , thursday we get 2 -3 dairy, 2 freezer and 3 produce. That is why we have push all after huddle, they push dairy and freezer and leave produce (3 pallets) for the 1 PA + I already have the meat pallet and banana (20 cases) pallet. They sure love to work me and I heard the ETL-LOG had the never to say I need to move faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back