Archived Softlines Team Leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
So about a month ago i went through TL interviews and got put on the "bench". Starting 9/22 I will be put in position as a Softlines Team leader (well Sales floor TL since hardlines/Softlines was "eliminated") at another store. Im really sad Im leaving my store, been with them for 7 years :(
So is there any advice you guys can give me on how to run Softlines?! I was a PA and did market for about a year and before that i was Logistics/Instocks, so this is new to me.

thanks Hardlines, your the best!

Congrats! Ours just got moved, but the SF TL pretty much just does what the HL ETL tells her. We still have a HL and SL ETL for some reason.

Honestly, it depends on your store the kind of work you'll be doing. Technically according to AE2014, sales floor TLs are supposed to stop doing salesplanners and POGs, but through this forum, apparently some stores are still having their TLs help with workload. So, if that's going to be your case, that's going to be a decent portion of what you do (along with your brand team members :)!). However, my store has given this workload to presentation so my focus is now driving guest survey scores up, doing the softlines 4x4s, reshop/zone (I rarely have dayside team members anymore, thanks Mytime!), and whatever my ETL asks me to do! Also, while TWT is not my focus anymore, I will still set endcaps/POGs to order to make sure my areas stay brand and full. Essentially, it just depends on what your store/ETL/STL are expecting of you to figure out what your focuses will be. The threads here definitely helped when I was just starting out as TL! Just wanted to add my two cents because I know for me, my responsibilities have definitely changed over the year.

I will be happy to help if you have any questions.

I have been a SLTL for 8 years and routines are very important. I am really struggling lately because my other SLTL was transferred to another area if the store to make room for a newbee. With an inexperienced person replacing my right hand and a STL and Mytime who has cut softlines hours to less then half of what they used to be my store is falling apart!! I am more then frustrated! How can a store run their softlines team with 250 hours for the week, 75-90 hrs of workload, and two full time leads. Unfortunately there is no one else doing my VAs or planos. This leaves us with only 2 closers every night. It's not possible to come clean any more! We can't even get all the tables folded, not to mention actually picking stuff up off the floor or zoning the racks. This leaves us with massive amounts of reshop for the mornings- and the circle starts all over again. Is there anyone else who is feeling the crunch of Mytime? I honestly hate my job now.

I have been a SLTL for 8 years and routines are very important. I am really struggling lately because my other SLTL was transferred to another area if the store to make room for a newbee. With an inexperienced person replacing my right hand and a STL and Mytime who has cut softlines hours to less then half of what they used to be my store is falling apart!! I am more then frustrated! How can a store run their softlines team with 250 hours for the week, 75-90 hrs of workload, and two full time leads. Unfortunately there is no one else doing my VAs or planos. This leaves us with only 2 closers every night. It's not possible to come clean any more! We can't even get all the tables folded, not to mention actually picking stuff up off the floor or zoning the racks. This leaves us with massive amounts of reshop for the mornings- and the circle starts all over again. Is there anyone else who is feeling the crunch of Mytime? I honestly hate my job now.

I feel the Mytime crunch as well. Often now throughout the whole day I will have only 4/5 people scheduled, including myself. Meanwhile hardlines gets 8/9 and I am envious. Have you talked to your ETLs about presentation adopting your workload, even if only temporarily? That could give you time to focus on the zone and reshop.

Some of you must have crazy staffing at your stores. TWO SLTLs? what's that? TWO brand TMs? hahahahaha.

Generally, we are lucky to have two people in softlines - including the TL. Usually it's the Operator, and maybe the Brand TM or SLTL. Every once in awhile there is another team member. We consider it a "win" if there are two people in softlines. One in the Fr, and one working out reshop. Once in a blue moon, there are more people....

I feel the Mytime crunch as well. Often now throughout the whole day I will have only 4/5 people scheduled, including myself. Meanwhile hardlines gets 8/9 and I am envious. Have you talked to your ETLs about presentation adopting your workload, even if only temporarily? That could give you time to focus on the zone and reshop.

Our dayside hardlines M-F is usually the PFresh worker, and Electronics. If we are lucky, there's another tm. Otherwise it's specialty teams, some of which rarely answer back up calls, or fast service calls, or work McClane candy orders.

:bitter: party of 1, right here.

My favorite TL is switching to POG. I can't see him doing the creative side of SL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back