TL Schedules

CTL

I am wondering how other stores handle TL schedules. I have a team lead that has another job that has to be worked around a lot to make it work for them. However, we are supposed to have open-close coverage. Is it wrong for me to ask that this TL make this job a priority so that we can be fair and consistent with everyone? I am just not sure what the “policy” is about TLs working other jobs and how that might conflict with the needs of the store.

Any help is appreciated.

I personally have never heard of a team lead having a second job. We have had some who attended college and that schedule was worked arson’s.

I am wondering how other stores handle TL schedules. I have a team lead that has another job that has to be worked around a lot to make it work for them. However, we are supposed to have open-close coverage. Is it wrong for me to ask that this TL make this job a priority so that we can be fair and consistent with everyone? I am just not sure what the “policy” is about TLs working other jobs and how that might conflict with the needs of the store.

Any help is appreciated.
Easy . You will have a seek to understand conversation with the team lead , let him/her know that is needed open availability and that to work 38h/weekly . You let him/her know that you understand his situation with having a second job however you are running a business as well and maybe his second job can be around his target schedule . If that is not possible discuss with your hr and Sd and maybe it’s time to have the conversation again with your leaders that he/she might have to step down if he can not commit to the schedule that is being done for business needs .

Target can’t stop a TL from having a second job, as long as there’s no conflict of interest. As far as I know, TLs are required to have open availability, although they may not be scheduled that way. The purpose of the schedule is to have the store optimally staffed for (here comes that phrase again)” the needs of the business.”That’s all Spot cares about. If Spot can do that in a manner thats fair and consistent with everyone, that’s fine, if not, it’s definitely not Spot’s priority.

How much working around of your TL’s schedule should be going on depends on a lot of factors. Is the TL only scheduled for the prime early day shifts but never late, closing or clopen shifts? How about their weekend schedules? Are the other TLs taking up the slack? Are the other TLs ok with it or are they complaining that that TL isn’t carrying their share of the load? Is this TL worth a few schedule adjustments to keep, or are you willing to lose them over this, and don’t be surprised if you do. There’s a good chance that if a TL has a second job with scheduling priority it’s a better job than working for Spot. Just saying.

If your SD has approved this TL’s scheduling exceptions, objecting to them is really opening a can of worms…

Any help is appreciated.
If you’re a tl this is none of your business.

We will work around school schedules and temporary personal things (coaching my kids tball, have to do school pickup for 2 weeks, etc). No leaves or big schedule accommodations for another job. TLs have their schedule at least a month ahead, so if they want a second job, it needs to work with that.

Back