Archived "Training" is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
My register training consisted of being handed fake credit/debit cards and checks, put on a lane, and being told to grab a few items and practice checking myself out until I felt comfortable. Easy enough.

It wasn't until my first time on the register "for real" that I realized I was never shown how to sign people up for a RedCard, so I just stopped asking people if they wanted one. Given the obsession with getting RedCards you would think that would've been lesson number 1!

I had that exact same training last night!! Crazy. And I have the same complaint about the redcard. How do I sign someone up? How are the credit and debit sign ups different? The training showed credit. And why did none of the 3 registers I was on last night actually have the sign up pamphlet with the barcode? LOL if I ask someone and they say yes, and then I don't have the dang pamphlet or someone to help me, that's gonna be pretty dumb.

You will scan the bar code on the pamphlet (or a photocopy of it, if your store has run out of pamphlets, like my store does a lot) and then the guest picks whether or not they want to do a credit or debit application on the card reader. For debit, they need a check (it doesn't even need to be blank - the POS only needs to read the routing and account numbers on the check) and for both they need ID. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. The guest does the application on the reader.

FYI: your training will never be over!!! I've been with the company 6+ years, in more workcenters that i can count on two hands. you'll learn new things every day. if you have questions, partner with your TL.

FYI: your training will never be over!!! I've been with the company 6+ years, in more workcenters that i can count on two hands. you'll learn new things every day. if you have questions, partner with your TL.

This. And especially if you're on instocks, once you finally get used to the newest process, it changes yet again.

It's funny. Two months after I've started working GSA/GSTL as my main role, I'm only just now being approached by HR about completing my training. They had me stay after my opening shift an hour after to complete my hazards identification and hazard cleanup trainings, and the next day my ETL-GE just asked me to sign off on the other trainings since I'd "learned them on the job". Yeah, that's true and I'm sure it's mostly common knowledge stuff, but damn that is some lazy ass training. It's a good thing that I already understood most of the roles of a GSA, because otherwise I would have been fucked. My first "training" shift, I partnered with my GSTL for about an hour before he left me to run the lanes so that he could do off-stage work. Then no further effort was made in training me further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back