Archived What have you broken at Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning at 5:50AM when I was getting ready to leave and wheeling a tub of dairy back to the cooler, I took a turn and a huge box of 30 dozen eggs fell forward. I tried to grab it but could not save it and they all crashed and broke. Everyone laughed and I have now been dubbed the "eggcicutioner" lol

So that got me curious, what's something that you guys have unintentionally(or intentionally lol) broken at spot be it food or any other items?

Years ago, I had a FA Pretzel Warmer fail . When the new one arrived my ETL told me to toss the old warmer . I even asked if we need to send it back. He said no just toss it in the compactor. About a month later, the vendor rep came and asking for the broken warmer. I told him to see my ETL.

A wall
The ladder that I used to break the wall
Countless plastic bits off zone-free separators
A step stool
The claw/tooth thingy that holds the shelf into the metal brace
The Chinese-made hammer that I used to smash the claw/tooth back into position
A snow shovel that we use for floor trash into the compactor
My soul

I fixed a Garvey label gun once. And a couple of walkie talkie antennas. It's all about balance.

Several boxes of light bulbs during inventory prep
Many plastic storage tubs
Containers of yogurt
A ladder

I'm sure there's more though!

- The back end of a guest's van with my truck whilst picking up another team member from her shift and not shifting gears correctly (wanted to reverse instead of drive forward) It reminded me of that episode of Good Luck Charlie:
maxresdefault.jpg
- Lots of bra hangers (I try to get the label off and the whole thing snaps in half)
- A couple shelf labels before I knew how to reprint them (I would just line the halves up, eventually I told my TL and he taught me how to reprint labels)

Juices, laundry detergent, milk bottles, dishes, mugs, statues, toys, labels, signage, my heart, pallets, bags of candy, etc

I have a talent it seems for spearing fingers through bags of candy.. And being near any bottle of booze that breaks, I admit to the whiskey that once, I bumped with my elbow. But it smelled so good, I ended up buying a bottle of it later..

But I have been covered in spilled wine that a guest dropped and I hate, despise, loathe and am generally annoyed by wine.

I dropped a bunch of glass vases once.

And I have been covered in leaking laundry detergent more times than I can count.. And rotting cat food. Motor oil once, how it made it out of the backroom across the store then when I picked it up it decided to barf on me I will never know..

Come work In-Stocks, it will be fun they said!

I've knocked down a whole front lane shelf. A flower pot. Can't remember what else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back