Archived Why are you still with spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, why are you currently with spot?

For myself it's honestly because I keep getting promoted within my time frame goals and also my team.

Out of curiosity, why are you currently with spot?

For myself it's honestly because I keep getting promoted within my time frame goals and also my team.

I'm like you redndkhaki. I've been fortunate to have good results, in a large part to a great team/store, and at least partially due to that I'm on a promotion track.

Now ask me again in a year and we will see where I'm at. I'm going to be optimistic and say things will be going very well. That's why I'm staying with spot. It's a good career for me right now in my life.

Because I make good money, like my store, am generally good at what I do and can handle the stress.

Money, getting off by 9, low volume, know how to do it, routine, lazy, schedule set up

Edit: For the record, I am NOT saying ULV is easier than high volume!

Last edited:
The challenge good money no other jobs in the area close to home. As a PA I luve the challenge to get the large FDC trucks done on truck days and work out as much produce as possible We get about 10 pallets 4 days a week which right now is a struggle to complete but I find it challenging.

The challenge. Since my promotions, the pay is acceptable for the job My hours remain consistent and my direct management treat me well. If I had to put up with what I see others do, I wouldn't be here.

My other job is sitting at a desk. I need physical work, so slinging a truck helps me out in a way.

I'm taking a year off from college to go to therapy, get my mental heath straightened out, and figure out what I want to do. My parents let me live at home rent free so long as I'm working 20+ hours a week (or however much they will let me) and saving money (I save 1/3rd - 1/2 of my paycheck). If it wasn't Spot it'd be another crappy minimum wage job. At least I get that sweet, sweet 10% discount.

To lazy to find a better job. I do make a little over 10 bucks as a tm which isn't too bad I guess when your still staying at home. I wish I had the motivation to find something better but until I finish school everything I could qualify for will probably pay me less

I'm well liked, I'm on a career path that works for me, I'm given the opportunity to be a real leader and the latitude to do my job as I see fit, I have a relationship based on mutual respect with my leaders, I'm paid well now, and at the end of the day I really do love what I do and I work with some of the best people!

To lazy to find a better job. I do make a little over 10 bucks as a tm which isn't too bad I guess when your still staying at home. I wish I had the motivation to find something better but until I finish school everything I could qualify for will probably pay me less
Or have me work twice has hard for not much more pay. There's a lot of nursing jobs around where you need a highschool diploma or an associates (both of which I have) but they don't pay much more than spot ($10-$12, currently I'm making $9.20) but I know nursing would just stress me out even more. Like you I don't think it's worth it until I get my bachelors.

School and only school keeps me here but on the plus side that bitch of a sr. Gstl left thank god now one of my gsa is moving in to the gstl position.

With my crazy anxiety, I need something to keep me going. If I chose to leave, I don't know what I'd end up doing or if I'd even work again right away. I like being able to go into work, work with my team and continue on a better path. As much as Spot drives me up a wall on a day to day basis, I don't know where I'd be without it.

Nothing better has opened up for me yet. :( I don't want to loose my seniority to do the same crap, with the same bullcrap elsewhere. I'm also getting a fair amount of hours and I know most retail people don't get that.

Big changes cause my stress levels to skyrocket and it was hard enough on my sanity going from SL to Deli recently. I don't think I could handle changing jobs right now... so I stay even though I regularly don't get paid enough to pay all my bills (since January). So few people I know and like are left, too, that my coworkers are no longer a significant factor in me staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back