Demotion Denied, still wanting to work as a TM, advice?

Story is that I've been working as a TM for 4 years, got promoted to a TL and have been one for almost a year, realized it's not a good fit for me, want to step down and work as a TM but got denied from HR a little over a week ago and they gave me a reason involving too many other TLs stepping down recently. I don't hate working for Target, I just hated working as a TL and still need a job (been trying to apply to other places but no luck).

Should I apply to a nearby target store for a TM position while still in my TL position and maybe hope that they'll hire me fast since there's no training involved but run the risk that HR will see it and deny it or quit, wait around 90 days, and then apply to the other Target store as a brand new TM? Either way, I know I need to leave my current store soon.

Story is that I've been working as a TM for 4 years, got promoted to a TL and have been one for almost a year, realized it's not a good fit for me, want to step down and work as a TM but got denied from HR a little over a week ago and they gave me a reason involving too many other TLs stepping down recently. I don't hate working for Target, I just hated working as a TL and still need a job (been trying to apply to other places but no luck).

Should I apply to a nearby target store for a TM position while still in my TL position and maybe hope that they'll hire me fast since there's no training involved but run the risk that HR will see it and deny it or quit, wait around 90 days, and then apply to the other Target store as a brand new TM? Either way, I know I need to leave my current store soon.
Remember when you applied at Target that the application asked if you had ever worked for Target before? There’s no way that your current store won’t find out if you apply to another Target.
Best advice is to keep applying to other companies. Once you get another job and give your notice, don’t be surprised if HR will suddenly offer to let you step down to keep from losing you. Wouldn’t try it without having another job first, though. Good luck!

If you demote to a TM it's going to look like TARGET DEMOTED YOU.

I would stick it out and keep looking for another job.

You were a TM for years before coming a TL so that works in your favor.

PM me if you want.

If you demote to a TM it's going to look like TARGET DEMOTED YOU.

I would stick it out and keep looking for another job.

You were a TM for years before coming a TL so that works in your favor.

PM me if you want.
Ok, I did

You have to demote or you’ll lose $$. Talk to your etl or sd and ask for a demotion and transfer. I’ll never understand why people go to hr.

Back