Fired For Attendance? Will Unemployment be denied?

Got fired Today and wasn't really told anything about why, then when I asked my ETL told me "Attendance issues"

I am on a final over attendance issues except Its been 5 months since I was last late (Wasn't late that day )and I was still let go. I haven't called out in a year. Will that hurt my chances of getting unemployment?

Also on the Unemployment form, for " Phone Number of last employer" should I put my ETL? HR ETL?

A couple of observations from someone almost 60 that has been fired and/or laid off a few times.

I would go ahead a file for unemployment and just give then your Target store number.

Target might try to deny your unemployment because that's what companies do because they don't want to pay it.

If Target denies it I would file an appeal though it depends on what state you live in.

Look for another job in the time.

People get fired all the time and it sucks but JUST MOVE ON.

A year or two from no employer will even care whether you were fired.

When they fired me, basically for ADA issues but they performanced me out, they gave insubordination as the reason.
That way they could deny unemployment and never rehire me even if I proved the ADA issues.
I challenged the unemployment and offered to fax all the great evaluations and the employee of the month that I had when we did the phone hearing.
They said they didn't need them and ruled against Spot.

Its always worth filing. When my ex roomate wqs fired for bs reasons unemoloyment ended uo siding with him because the delivery place coulsnt prove their stance.

When they fired me, basically for ADA issues but they performanced me out, they gave insubordination as the reason.
That way they could deny unemployment and never rehire me even if I proved the ADA issues.
I challenged the unemployment and offered to fax all the great evaluations and the employee of the month that I had when we did the phone hearing.
They said they didn't need them and ruled against Spot.
I have always thought that very few people appeal their unemployment denial.

When I appealed my unemployment I had an "advocate" who helped me in the hearing.

The appeal process if you are denied varies from state to state.

Got fired Today and wasn't really told anything about why, then when I asked my ETL told me "Attendance issues"

I am on a final over attendance issues except Its been 5 months since I was last late (Wasn't late that day )and I was still let go. I haven't called out in a year. Will that hurt my chances of getting unemployment?

Also on the Unemployment form, for " Phone Number of last employer" should I put my ETL? HR ETL?
The phone number should just be the store phone number. Even if you have a cell number for them I would not use it since you do not work there anymore.

Back