HR

How hard is it to get into HR at a DC? Does anyone know if they require a degree, or experience? Or it just another one of those merit jobs, where if you’ve been with Target a while, and kiss the right ass, a token interview gets you the job? Asking because our HR team is fairly useless, they can’t explain answers to basic questions, constantly refer you to anywhere else but their offices, and generally don’t seem to know the policy on anything. And the HRBP aren’t much better, but at least they will listen before giving you a hmmmmm, need to take partners and then gat back to you. Which rarely happens, unless you are one of the whiners. Somehow they always get what they want from HR. Wondering if other Buildings are just as bad before I waste my time submitting to transfer.

yeah hr is one dept that has really really fallen off over the last few yrs of changes. many of the HR people are new and/or incompetent. a deadly combination. a lot of the old ones who at least knew the ropes moved on. also it seems now after yrs of the opposite, spot now prefers to hire managment/hr from within. with typically bad consequences.

i wont say some other issues but we all know them lol.

in many cases i think they definitely dont want to give a straight answer on policies. such as on the attendance policy if one exists. you get meaningless brushoff statements such as "just dont have a trend". like what does that even mean. how does one even develop a trend when apparently 2-3 issues are allowed per 6 months?

if they gave a concrete policy they might have to abide by it and that is the last thing they want. also, they would also like to keep people scared and guessing.

i was reading about a warehouse production law in california and amazon getting in trouble over it. anyway, one of the laws tenants is any production standard you can be disciplined for, must be provided to the employee in writing. boy, wouldn't that be target HR kryptonite. to have a piece of paper they can be held accountable to on anything. in dealing with them and their shadiness "in writing" would be so great to have on many issues, but they wont provide it so they can lie about what they told you later.

i'm a bit bitter lmao.

How hard is it to get into HR at a DC? Does anyone know if they require a degree, or experience? Or it just another one of those merit jobs, where if you’ve been with Target a while, and kiss the right ass, a token interview gets you the job? Asking because our HR team is fairly useless, they can’t explain answers to basic questions, constantly refer you to anywhere else but their offices, and generally don’t seem to know the policy on anything. And the HRBP aren’t much better, but at least they will listen before giving you a hmmmmm, need to take partners and then gat back to you. Which rarely happens, unless you are one of the whiners. Somehow they always get what they want from HR. Wondering if other Buildings are just as bad before I waste my time submitting to transfer.
Its just another merit job. Degree helps, kissing ass helps. I liked most of my HR team, but I definitely knew who to actually go to for help when necessary.

Back