Lead questioning my status

I had a lead this week who use to speak but doesn't for some reason He has an attitude with me, I've done nothing to him. Anyway, he came up to me questioning me about my 90 day status. He ask me if I was over 90 days or am I close and if so, how close am I to hitting 90 days. I told him I don't know and went back to work. Its none of his business. That's between hr and I.

I know management at this site are shady has hell.

Do leads question people about their 90 days status at othe DC's?

I had a lead this week who use to speak but doesn't for some reason He has an attitude with me, I've done nothing to him. Anyway, he came up to me questioning me about my 90 day status. He ask me if I was over 90 days or am I close and if so, how close am I to hitting 90 days. I told him I don't know and went back to work. Its none of his business. That's between hr and I.

I don’t know how it works at DCs, but at stores leaders don’t have to ask TMs when their 90 days are up, leaders who have a legitimate need to know that information can easily get it. My advice to you is keep your head down and be as near to perfect as possible until a couple of days after your 90 days, the couple of extra days in case your paperwork was sent up after your hire date. Sounds like this lead has nefarious intent. Good luck!

Hire date is not protected information.
Not that you had any obligation to say to him yes/no.

It does make a difference for some things that are relevant to leads (like if you still need to be wearing a vest) but they can go get that information elsewhere if necessary.

You will learn that some of these "leads" are horrible people and do not deserve to be in a vest at all. I can think of one right now that's way too emotional and is doing the company a disservice by being in that role.

He's a low level worker. He's not my manager, I prefer to call them grunt workers. I have perfect attendance and haven't been late. I'm wondering if he's trying to get one step ahead of me and block my transfer when I do apply. Nobody wants to be in this department! New people are coming and already discussing about transferring to another area.

Back