Promising OT then telling team to cut OT

We had a big visit Thursday. The ETLs and Team Leaders were telling everyone that we could have Overtime. My store director even texted me asking me to work an extra day for OT. Now that the visit is done. They are telling all the regular team members to cut their OT. I find this unethical. Is there a way to file a complaint?

We had a big visit Thursday. The ETLs and Team Leaders were telling everyone that we could have Overtime. My store director even texted me asking me to work an extra day for OT. Now that the visit is done. They are telling all the regular team members to cut their OT. I find this unethical. Is there a way to file a complaint?

They promised to do something they don't normally do, then they decided to not do it.
It is scummy but it isn't unethical.
If you work the hours and they say they won't pay you the overtime that is illegal, which is an entirely different thing.
If they do that file with Wage and Hour.
Otherwise, you have nobody to complain but each other.

And here, you can complain here.

You will be performanced out if you bitch about it. Consider the source. Line up your mustards and salad dressings real nice. Work your day. Punch out. Go to the beer store and buy a lot of beers.

Back