Promoted to guest

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
Guess I got auto-termed yesterday. Happy Independence Day! Not that I'm terribly surprised, as I haven't had a shift since before Christmas, but I was expecting some sort of warning or 'if you don't pick up a shift by x date you'll be termed' like I had in the past. Or, at least an email saying I'd been termed.

Instead I got an email saying my profile info had been changed on Workday (which I didn't do) so the poor HR services center guy got put in the seriously awkward position of telling me I'm 'fired'.

Not really upset about it, except for losing the discount right as back to school season is coming in. I could probably go in and get reinstated but then I'd have to pick up a shift and, meh.

... I was expecting some sort of warning or 'if you don't pick up a shift by x date you'll be termed' like I had in the past. Or, at least an email saying I'd been termed.

Instead I got an email saying my profile info had been changed on Workday (which I didn't do) so the poor HR services center guy got put in the seriously awkward position of telling me I'm 'fired' ...

Not up-to-the-minute communication.

Not even last minute communication.

Instead, after-the-fact communication.

Classic Target.

Where you an ODTM?

If not it sounds like the they just ran query in the systems and booted anyone that hadn't worked in six months.

I am surprised it took that long.

did you talk to your store prior to the termination?
from ODTM thread:
for college students only, the minimum work requirement window was extended from one 4-hour shift every 4 weeks to every 6 months to accommodate the elimination of the Educational Leave of Absence (ELOA), as college students will be encouraged to adopt this role and many attend school far from their home store, making working every 4 weeks impossible.

It probably isn't your store leaders who did it. I think there is an automatic process for terminating anyone who hasn't worked in 6 months who is On Demand.

did you talk to your store prior to the termination?
from ODTM thread:
for college students only, the minimum work requirement window was extended from one 4-hour shift every 4 weeks to every 6 months to accommodate the elimination of the Educational Leave of Absence (ELOA), as college students will be encouraged to adopt this role and many attend school far from their home store, making working every 4 weeks impossible.
So their requirement might still be every 4 weeks, but unless their HR fires them first, the system wasn't going to automatically until 6 months had passed, regardless of educational status.

Sounds about accurate of Target. It’s been just over 2 years since I quit and finally found a new job after searching for a year. That company lies so much out their ass it’s embarassing. I’ve told many people who looked to work there not to unless they love getting fucked by corporate bs and terrible managers. It’s a cult company also.

ODTM here too, I’ve been waiting for them to fire me but they haven’t yet.
This place sucks, but the discount is great.
Enjoy not being ball and chained to this evil corporation anymore.

Back