Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

the bigger quantity of grapes we can't order either, we've had strawberries flexed over where they're suppose to be for over a month now. I've been having a lot of guest ask about watermelons and cantaloupe as well. I can't wait for my store to get them! I'm a PFAB store and the front of the produce table is flexed per incremental space guide. This week it called for clementines, bagged red potatoes & pineapples :/
I'm sure that' where the melons are going to go with that cardboard fixture with hay in it, like every year.

I can still order oranges, but they've been coming in sporadically. @Produce Queen the store ordered marker is obviously broken. I've seen random numbers show up on items like salads, but they never arrive. I think it's a system they're either working on or have given up on. If the trial of automated ordering salads and carrots is an indicator of the quality of work the logistics/programming teams at Target do, I don't want them to fix it. Keep showing random numbers and not sending me shit.

I can still order oranges, but they've been coming in sporadically. @Produce Queen the store ordered marker is obviously broken. I've seen random numbers show up on items like salads, but they never arrive. I think it's a system they're either working on or have given up on. If the trial of automated ordering salads and carrots is an indicator of the quality of work the logistics/programming teams at Target do, I don't want them to fix it. Keep showing random numbers and not sending me shit.
Pull up the fdc fill report and tell it to generate everything. This will tell you if the FDC is cutting it or not. It is possible your order, plus whatever stupidity made HQ order more for us, is just unavailable at the DC. I get that a lot with meats I can't order.

Also I've seen that if you scan the shelf label it won't be able to order. But if you scan the product then you can order it and it's the same dcpi.

did anyone else see the red wire today about EGGS.
They are not selling as well as expected so, Friday and Saturday the MP eggs will be 50 % off on CARTWHEEL.
well, that limits you to 4 packages per transaction up to 6 transactions per day. Why not just have us TPC them 50% off ??

I have sold thru 2 of my 3 pallets that I received 1 week ago.
I still have 1 full pallet of the 99 cent eggs, thats 60 boxes times 15 in a box = 900 dozen eggs.

Oh thank god, the 5 pallets of eggs in my meat cooler (super target) might finally move so I can actually do anything in my own cooler.

not sure what my other PA did but the scale is not working properly.
My mettler toledo scale ran out of paper and when I got back it was a mess.
Now it prints small and only about half the size and the labels do NOT pull through, even though I have it loaded correctly.
Not sure the green pull button is on but that knob that turns up and pulls the labels through is NOT moving.
And I have NO idea how he got the labels to print smaller and the thread only goes about half way.

ANYONE here have any ideas on how to fix this ???
the PMT is off till Monday and i guess we will have to get a technician to come in and fix it.

Last edited:
Got all the eggs to the sales floor. Down to 250 from 1200. I'm betting we'll get another partial pallet tomorrow. Man they were flying off the shelves with the cartwheel discount.

We have 3 boxes of eggs left in the backroom...I put out 11 cases tonight when I was there for 4 1/2 hours

Yesterday we sold 20 cases of the large dozen eggs. We still have 12 cases left and the salesfloor is full We started with 180 cases , 3 pallets.
Also have the 18 count about 10 cases and are going to tpc them to 1.49 today and several boxes of the egg land best.

I am soooo tired of eggs. Sold out yesterday. 20 cases came in this AM. I pushed them all.
30k over forecast yesterday. Today's looking equally crazy.
Thank god for the next 2 days off.

Just wondering if anyone else's FDC truck switched days this week ???

We have always gotten a truck 4 days a week: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Now starting today, Sunday April 3rd we still get a truck 4 days a week... but they are now: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

They said the switch is to be able to get the truck here earlier now we are supposed to be guaranteed to receive the truck by 6 AM. Most days due around 2 AM.

So today was... Interesting, to say the least. If any of you live in the Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland area then you know about the storm that just went through, and at around 9am this morning our store lost power. We have backup generators, but they don't power any of the coolers, so I got called in to help inventory and discard all of the now-spoiled food, with all of cool market was taped off. We had to print out UPC labels, stick em on a sheet of paper with the quantity, and move on. Once a whole aisle was inventoried, other people would swoop in and load it all up on metro racks/pallets, shrink wrap it, and put it in the backroom. And since we were still only running on emergency power, the Dairy, Deli, Product, and Meat coolers/freezers weren't working. I was tasked with taking inventory of the Deli/Meat cooler. Which had no power. Which meant that both it and the ambient room had no light. And it smelled. So I spent about 2 hours taking inventory in a pitch-black Meat cooler that reeked of spoiled meat and Leadership didn't want to even requisition a lamp or anything for me, so I had to make do with the flashlight app on my phone. I can't seem to get the smell out of my nostrils even now, at home, half an hour after I left the cursed thing.

I overheard one of the ETLs on the phone, and she said that we had lost well over $100,000 worth of merchandise. Someone is gonna have to go through and LOCU all of the coolers, and boy am I glad I'm not scheduled to work at all over the next few days.

So today was... Interesting, to say the least. I was tasked with taking inventory of the Deli/Meat cooler. Which had no power. Which meant that both it and the ambient room had no light. And it smelled. So I spent about 2 hours taking inventory in a pitch-black Meat cooler that reeked of spoiled meat and Leadership didn't want to even requisition a lamp or anything for me, so I had to make do with the flashlight app on my phone. I can't seem to get the smell out of my nostrils even now, at home, half an hour after I left the cursed thing.

F*ck that. I would have gone into camping or the flashlight aisle and picked out a battery powered lantern. Our GSTLs are pretty good about requisitioning stuff we need to do our jobs. I would have asked one of them to do it for me. Then keep it in the store for the next time the power goes out... probably given it to Receiving.

Sorry... That really sucks.

It is suggested to use a register in training mode to record food loss. Backroom coolers should be not opened during power loss. Depending on how long there is no power. Call alert one promptly.
Then you find the emergency loss of power for food kit, is missing all stuff needed to handle it. It has happened to me, three times. We took needed items from the floor to do the job.

Last edited:
F*ck that. I would have gone into camping or the flashlight aisle and picked out a battery powered lantern. Our GSTLs are pretty good about requisitioning stuff we need to do our jobs. I would have asked one of them to do it for me. Then keep it in the store for the next time the power goes out... probably given it to Receiving.

Sorry... That really sucks.
Fuck that completely. I think I'd just calm the hotline right there "um yes, they want me to go into the cooler without light, it's filed with rotting meat...but no flashlight. Is that best practice" bwahahaha. Bet you'd get your pick of light.

Back