Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I though no truck nor CAF on the day of inventory? That was how it was here.
No GM truck nothing about pfresh, they always forget about pfresh, no one really cares what happens over there, even though it's 30% of the sales !!!!

My c&s comes Tues and inventory is always Monday.
i was talking about the Inventory for the whole store , not the quarterly pfresh inventory that we do. the one that the outside company Regis comes in and does once a year.
They have to inventory our milk, dairy, freezer and everything in the store except the stuff we do every quarter.

i was talking about the Inventory for the whole store , not the quarterly pfresh inventory that we do. the one that the outside company Regis comes in and does once a year.
They have to inventory our milk, dairy, freezer and everything in the store except the stuff we do every quarter.
So long as its organized on 4ft sections they don't care. Our coolers were a hot mess last year. They got everything into tubs or racks, each one was a section. I pity the regis guy who got stuck dealing with it.

So long as its organized on 4ft sections they don't care. Our coolers were a hot mess last year. They got everything into tubs or racks, each one was a section. I pity the regis guy who got stuck dealing with it.
yeah last year we had food thrown on the floor in our dairy cooler, no a lot about 20 yogurts just randomly tossed around, after the inventory !!

yeah last year we had food thrown on the floor in our dairy cooler, no a lot about 20 yogurts just randomly tossed around, after the inventory !!
They shift everything. Zoning after is a nightmare. The year someone not from market babysat the coolers was not fun. We had to repush everything on racks.

Anyone else have to deal with an ever increasing ammount of BS in market.

Im getting really tired of having to do 45 minute huddles at open...and 30+ minute zones for our mid day zone around noon. Add to that our electronics doesnt come in till 11 and myself and the rest of the team are constantly asked to cover breaks and lunches its just getting super annoying. And during closing shifts we literally only have operator, electronics and market from 2:30-6. The salesfloor coverage we do get is usually one person from 6-10. If we are lucky we get two. Im just getting super frustrated with having more and more time taken away from market. We allready are thin on hours with coverage from 6am-7pm with no overlap

I dread my closing shifts because im usually the only person in entire hardlines area apart from toys and entertainment and having to pick up basically every call box and phone call and assist guests everywhere BUT market

Anyone else have to deal with an ever increasing ammount of BS in market.

Im getting really tired of having to do 45 minute huddles at open...and 30+ minute zones for our mid day zone around noon. Add to that our electronics doesnt come in till 11 and myself and the rest of the team are constantly asked to cover breaks and lunches its just getting super annoying. And during closing shifts we literally only have operator, electronics and market from 2:30-6. The salesfloor coverage we do get is usually one person from 6-10. If we are lucky we get two. Im just getting super frustrated with having more and more time taken away from market. We allready are thin on hours with coverage from 6am-7pm with no overlap

I dread my closing shifts because im usually the only person in entire hardlines area apart from toys and entertainment and having to pick up basically every call box and phone call and assist guests everywhere BUT market

I was and I jumped ship, and am now Signing TM, the old Signing TM is now our CTL...

I'll never forget going by him on the wave while he was on his knees doing the PFresh morning cull, we both looked at each other and thought "wtf, this is strange?"

Last edited:
So newest schedule market open is 7-2 and closer is 3-7. Man so glad they could cut 14 hours so we are around 73 total hours for pfresh. Was about a 16% cut for the week. And then you can take about 1 1/2 hours from that per day for working huddle and mid day zone so that brings it to a more realistic 62 or so hours for the week. Im sure we will just have to "work harder"

So newest schedule market open is 7-2 and closer is 3-7. Man so glad they could cut 14 hours so we are around 73 total hours for pfresh. Was about a 16% cut for the week. And then you can take about 1 1/2 hours from that per day for working huddle and mid day zone so that brings it to a more realistic 62 or so hours for the week. Im sure we will just have to "work harder"
I'd beg your tls to get left out of smart huddle and midday with that little time coverage. They'd let me skip at my store.

Do you guys have smart huddles every day?? Is that common? At my store we have smart huddles maybe once a week, if that, and it's only when something has really exploded. Like we had 7 vehicles of backstock in the cooler and we just brought the entire store over to repush all of it- my store mostly views smart huddles as an easy "reset" button to utilize when things have reached a critical point. We'll also normally have smart huddles when we reset seasonal/mini-seasonal, just to try to get all of the stuff out ASAP.

But aside from that, our huddles are just 5-10min info sessions...and even those are super rare and mostly just involve Salesfloor TMs.

With the stuff I've seen you post, I'm baffled by how your management gets by.

Do you guys have smart huddles every day?? Is that common? At my store we have smart huddles maybe once a week, if that, and it's only when something has really exploded. Like we had 7 vehicles of backstock in the cooler and we just brought the entire store over to repush all of it- my store mostly views smart huddles as an easy "reset" button to utilize when things have reached a critical point. We'll also normally have smart huddles when we reset seasonal/mini-seasonal, just to try to get all of the stuff out ASAP.

But aside from that, our huddles are just 5-10min info sessions...and even those are super rare and mostly just involve Salesfloor TMs.
Daily huddle at 8am. Followed by smart huddle til 9am. Midday around 1pm, thirty minutes. Maybe a night huddle if something important hr or company wise is happening. No smart huddle at night.

I rarely go to huddles. I'm typically in the middle of something when they call it. I'm not going to push 500 #'s of milk back in the cooler to go to huddle. Just stop going. What's the worst they can do? Talk to you about it?

On another note, having read your posts over the last year or so, you are getting screwed over by your leaders. Big time. All PA's have too much to do w/o any support but you win the award for Most Taken Advantage Of. I honestly advise you to look into transferring or looking elsewhere. You sound like a very contientious, hard-working employee and you deserve to be treated better.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back