MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

"Aren't working right" probably means some minor feature isn't there yet. Like how instocks shouldn't use the iPods because it doesn't change LRDs.

So at our store only SF and ETLs carry them and I'm borrowing a TLs PDA (again) to do my job. Aren't we supposed to be testing these things?

We have the ipods at our store. They are nice and small, but I don't carry them around. I work in Pfresh and often pull itmes fromthe back room-which these ipods can't do (at this time). I would rather carry around one device than two. Not to mention I don't really have the time to experiment with the device to figure out how to use it/

I was named a Digital Advisor today. We get them installed Thursday and go live next Tuesday. I'm so ready.

I was named a Digital Advisor today. We get them installed Thursday and go live next Tuesday. I'm so ready.

Be ready for a cluster for a few days. It took days for ours to actually be stable to actually connect to the network or even log us into the device.

I have found scanning In-Stocks with them is pretty clunky since they are not set up with a top trigger like the LPDA's. My wrist doesn't like them, and the sleep time on them is stupid. Every time I pull it out of the holster to use its sleeping. Battery needs capacity if you can't keep the device awake longer than a minute.

And the path it takes is schizophrenic for our task list.. Lord I wanted to throw the damn thing, cause skipping around to stay in one area was exercise in frustration. And no we haven't figured out how to fix the path, we are still making a list of clusters that need fixing then we will figure out which ones need fixing first.

Be ready for a cluster for a few days. It took days for ours to actually be stable to actually connect to the network or even log us into the device.

I have found scanning In-Stocks with them is pretty clunky since they are not set up with a top trigger like the LPDA's. My wrist doesn't like them, and the sleep time on them is stupid. Every time I pull it out of the holster to use its sleeping. Battery needs capacity if you can't keep the device awake longer than a minute.

And the path it takes is schizophrenic for our task list.. Lord I wanted to throw the damn thing, cause skipping around to stay in one area was exercise in frustration. And no we haven't figured out how to fix the path, we are still making a list of clusters that need fixing then we will figure out which ones need fixing first.
Yeah I used a LPDA today for Instocks and used the side buttons to try and get my wrist used to it since as you said they don't have a top button only sides. I hope we don't have any problems, but I can only dream. I'm sure they have the device go to sleep quick incase it's set down and left somewhere so no one non Target can access it. And can't you get a ETL to do the pathing? Or is actually the iPod throwing you around?--wouldn't surprise me though

Uh, er, um... I think our install might be delayed... I thought that Compucom would be handling this, but the job for my store and 2 other district stores got routed to my inbox for freelance IT work. Yeah, that just happened.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Uh, er, um... I think our install might be delayed... I thought that Compucom would be handling this, but the job for my store and 2 other district stores got routed to my inbox for freelance IT work. Yeah, that just happened.
View attachment 624

This job posting you received is sub-contracted from the Company that is actually doing the installs.

CompuCom isn't doing the MyDevice install, it is Direct Source.

Has anyone used these for price change? What are your thoughts on them? For us it is really slowing down the pa team! They are no where near the 120 tickets per hour that they should be. It seems like they slow you down since there are extra steps to take just to print a stupid ticket! Also for PC and in stocks everyone has to use the same type of device to work. So the team can't use a PDA and a my device otherwise the workload is not taken out of the system.

Yeah I used a LPDA today for Instocks and used the side buttons to try and get my wrist used to it since as you said they don't have a top button only sides. I hope we don't have any problems, but I can only dream. I'm sure they have the device go to sleep quick incase it's set down and left somewhere so no one non Target can access it. And can't you get a ETL to do the pathing? Or is actually the iPod throwing you around?--wouldn't surprise me though

ETL & patching seriously? That is fantasy that our ETL's know something. We have the STL who refuses to be on the sales floor, his doppelganger HRETL who also refuses to be on the floor cause she has no retail experience, the three newbies fresh out business college who are trying to impress by seeing how many CCA's they can write up. But ask them how something gets done - deer in headlights.

Example of the schizophrenia that is our current patching, you are in men's finish an isle now go to women's for a table, now back to mens, now to infants then back to women's then to mens.

Last edited:
View attachment 624

This job posting you received is sub-contracted from the Company that is actually doing the installs.

I called my ETL-GE last night right before closing last night and told him that I don't think the tech is going to be there on time.. I was hoping that they would have pushed back so I could take the gig (I'd have to push 2 stores to Friday), but a tech finally arrived around 4. Funny, because the work order is still active in my freelance system.

View attachment 624

I called my ETL-GE last night right before closing last night and told him that I don't think the tech is going to be there on time.. I was hoping that they would have pushed back so I could take the gig (I'd have to push 2 stores to Friday), but a tech finally arrived around 4. Funny, because the work order is still active in my freelance system.
The work orders get rescheduled with only one day turnaround sometimes. It's a tight schedule to get done before thanksgiving.

Two of us decided to break ours in on price change this morning. Scanning in hardlines is much easier since there is no horrible "doesn't match" warning when scanning aisles. Being able to seamlessly go from aisle to aisle and category in open scan is a huge plus. We didn't have shelf labels since we did them yesterday, so we'll see how that turns out if/when we do it Sunday/Monday. We like how the task list is a scrollable guide vs. what is currently in RF Apps. In softlines it will take some getting used to because we are used to scanning either an arm or a side of a rack and then putting up the labels when we're done. Now it's scan, count, confirm.

We did have some issues with mixing backroom and salesfloor changes, but that's because a huge trend run never got set and went clearance AS plano was setting it. We were ticketing the stuff that was on the floor that hadn't yet been pulled from the backroom for POG fill. Not our fault, but we had to activate the aisles manually since it looks like we were activating under backroom.

Two of us decided to break ours in on price change this morning. Scanning in hardlines is much easier since there is no horrible "doesn't match" warning when scanning aisles. Being able to seamlessly go from aisle to aisle and category in open scan is a huge plus. We didn't have shelf labels since we did them yesterday, so we'll see how that turns out if/when we do it Sunday/Monday. We like how the task list is a scrollable guide vs. what is currently in RF Apps. In softlines it will take some getting used to because we are used to scanning either an arm or a side of a rack and then putting up the labels when we're done. Now it's scan, count, confirm.

We did have some issues with mixing backroom and salesfloor changes, but that's because a huge trend run never got set and went clearance AS plano was setting it. We were ticketing the stuff that was on the floor that hadn't yet been pulled from the backroom for POG fill. Not our fault, but we had to activate the aisles manually since it looks like we were activating under backroom.

Are you saying when scanning softlines we can only scan one thing, then have to put in a number before we scan the next one? If that's the case it is going to be really annoying especially when scanning clearance racks

Are you saying when scanning softlines we can only scan one thing, then have to put in a number before we scan the next one? If that's the case it is going to be really annoying especially when scanning clearance racks

If you get the clearance or salvage tones you have to stop and key the quantity. You COULD bypass it and set it all aside until you're done, but that's just delaying the inevitable.

Has anyone used these for price change? What are your thoughts on them? For us it is really slowing down the pa team! They are no where near the 120 tickets per hour that they should be. It seems like they slow you down since there are extra steps to take just to print a stupid ticket! Also for PC and in stocks everyone has to use the same type of device to work. So the team can't use a PDA and a my device otherwise the workload is not taken out of the system.
We were using a mix of PDAs and MyDevices on price change today. Workload was updating fine except for some aisles where we were activating backroom workload at salesfloor locations. I grabbed a PDA and activated those aisles and problem solved. There were also some issues where tickets weren't printing, but there is one AP in the store that we always have had trouble with and we were working in that AP's range.

For us as In-stocks the task list is clearing with mixed equipment. Now we are not jumping between lists on different devices.

But I can work a list on an iPod until it crashes then pick up a PDA and continue the same list and maybe its the time to change and log into the PDa that allows the system to catch up and keep it straight.

Now if the ipods would not just crash an hour unto our scanning, they seem to work pretty well. But still a lot of bugs to work out. Like only quantity if 99 or less.

For us as In-stocks the task list is clearing with mixed equipment. Now we are not jumping between lists on different devices.

But I can work a list on an iPod until it crashes then pick up a PDA and continue the same list and maybe its the time to change and log into the PDa that allows the system to catch up and keep it straight.

Now if the ipods would not just crash an hour unto our scanning, they seem to work pretty well. But still a lot of bugs to work out. Like only quantity if 99 or less.
I used our iPods on Instocks today. Took me a minute to get my pathing the right way and figure out what was a RIG and what was RSCH--I'm used to the PDA saying RIG or RSCH out next to it, but other than that it worked pretty well! I'm looking forward to Instocks Sunday and getting to do end cap audit Sunday to using the sign function.

^Keep a PDA handy, ours will not, Not crash an hour or so into the list. And if you need to jump around, good luck. It does not like it one bit.

^Keep a PDA handy, ours will not, Not crash an hour or so into the list. And if you need to jump around, good luck. It does not like it one bit.
Ours never crashed. I worked on a batch for about 30 to 40 minutes. Yeah I did figure out it does not like you to jump around. It kicked me everywhere if i tried, haha.

I don't think its the actual device that is crashing but its like clockwork for me about an or so after I start in on the task list, I get that red exclamation point of death. And this afternoon, they just weren't connecting to the network. Frustrating when trying to work the drastic count report. You don't know if you actually got the count updated, and I didn't want to scan it again with a PDA.

Anyone else notice you can only have quantities of 99 or less? Sorry I have a 140 shower curtain liners on 8 pegs, but that is stupid. And why when you log into why don't we get a 10-key pad? Even for the searching we should have a 10-key pad option for keying DCPI's..

For logon, the reason is because most stores, the password is T****. I heard eventually that it will be **** which will be the 10 pad. the DPCI Search is because it is not just DPCIs that you search. You can also search keywords.

If you get the clearance or salvage tones you have to stop and key the quantity. You COULD bypass it and set it all aside until you're done, but that's just delaying the inevitable.
Okay so I haven't been on pricing in over a year, but I recall scanning a rack, pulling off any items that beeped because it had a ticket, then putting those on the handle of my cart and applying the labels all at once. I never keyed any quantities or anything; I just scanned the entire rack until it was done, then applied all the labels at once. Is this different with myDevices? My store doesn't go live until next month but I'm on pricing next week (and probably many weeks in the future).

When pricing with MyDevice: you scan any item, if it's on markdown it beeps at you, you must key in a quantity then touch the print button before it will print any tickets.

There is no more scanning an entire arm bar and having a ticket shoot out for each clearance item as you did previously.

Back