MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

On my wishlist: A prompt asking if I really want to print more than 10 tickets when I'm doing price change because sometimes I accidentally end up printing 11 tickets instead of just 1.

Lots of scanner issues today and app just crashing with the support ticket # screen.

Same. A lot of errors, and no results on searches. Useless when this happens.

Seems to happen more on a Sat or Sun when we have these errors.

@OtherGuy, are there possible server updates that run on the weekends that may be causing a lag on the servers?

65 on floor + none in back. 19 on hand.
The on hand is correct but the "on floor" is way wrong. The majority of items I scanned in entertainment were like this...

As long as there are no backroom locations, you can just change the floor count. It updates immediately and won't affect the on-hand count.

I love how you're able to price check items while doing PCV. You used to have to switch between apps with PDAs.

Also, I noticed that they made it so that the scanner keeps working after you get a low battery notification. That annoyed the shit out of me!

On my wishlist: A prompt asking if I really want to print more than 10 tickets when I'm doing price change because sometimes I accidentally end up printing 11 tickets instead of just 1.
Hmmmm.... Would it be more annoying to have to answer that question each and every time you want to print 10+ tickets? Or is it more annoying to print 11 tickets when you only wanted 1? I could imagine some might get irritated with having to always answer YES to an "Are you sure?" message when they're working a lot of clearance. Not a bad idea... just don't wanna create a different problem.

Here's my wishlist
1) 'Quick scan mode' for labels and signs
2) A more adaptable search bar and/or spell check. ('Scotch Guard' should be able to find 'Scotchgard' the fabric spray) and the ability to paste would be useful.
3) Being able to remove things from a batch
4) Fix all signs to print as 3x3. There's some TPC signs that will only print as 3x5
5) Being able to print small and cosmetic labels.

Thanks for the Top 5! :) What exactly do you mean by "quick scan mode" for labels & signs? I think I know... but just wanna make sure.

@OtherGuy

I have been getting the ticket error a lot on several different mydevices in my store. I usually fix this by re-downloading the app from SAM, but it is an annoying recurrence.

Also, I can no longer print signs from a PDA. As far as I know, the mydevices can only print signs from the current ad week. Occasionally I need to print next week's signs while I am prepping the ad. Would it be possible to add this feature in the future?
Unless I'm not following... this is a standard function under the "See all options" menu. Scroll down to see signs for future dates.

Thanks for the Top 5! :) What exactly do you mean by "quick scan mode" for labels & signs? I think I know... but just wanna make sure.
I always assumed it was something similar to the label printing with PDAs. No item info or anything fancy, just point and shoot to continually print flex labels (or whatever)

EDIT: Would've made my life a lot easier this past week :p

Hmmmm.... Would it be more annoying to have to answer that question each and every time you want to print 10+ tickets? Or is it more annoying to print 11 tickets when you only wanted 1? I could imagine some might get irritated with having to always answer YES to an "Are you sure?" message when they're working a lot of clearance. Not a bad idea... just don't wanna create a different problem.
Unless you are almost out if tickets, and your last three order are on backorder...we can't afford to waste a single ticket right now.

I'd love to be able to print a shelf label without the price. For the by the pound meat it prints the price per pound but we don't want a price on it. Been a bit since I checked but I hadn't heard that the updates had fixed this.

The ability to scan a sign a and get either active, carry forward our discontinued would be great. No location active or not in our store (supposedly) abd sometimes discontinued isn't much help.

Like a mode where the mydevice expects you to want a label or sign for the next item scanned so it automatically adds it to the batch. I have to build my own endcaps a lot so having to scan>signs and labels>3x5>signs and labels>shelf label 20 times can be pretty annoying. My favored alternative would be to always add a generic label to the batch or add a 3x3 sale sign to the batch. Double points if it can do signs and labels at the same time!

You could maybe have a question in the info part right by auto print that asks if you want the prompt and have it default to no.

What I don't understand is why Target picked Apple for their mobile devices.. at least on the Motorola devices they can be re-imaged easily and have updates/etc. remotely pushed to the device.

For these ipods in order to be updated, have to send Technicians with Laptops (iTunes) to each store and spend all day imaging each device. Pretty expensive and stupid IMO.

also they don't have interchangeable battery packs -- once the batteries start wearing out, they're going to be useless.

If Apple really thinks these devices can be used in a retail setting they need to customize their imaging to be better suited for business... Totally silly how they're running consumer iOS and they expect them to work.

What I don't understand is why Target picked Apple for their mobile devices.. at least on the Motorola devices they can be re-imaged easily and have updates/etc. remotely pushed to the device.

For these ipods in order to be updated, have to send Technicians with Laptops (iTunes) to each store and spend all day imaging each device. Pretty expensive and stupid IMO.

also they don't have interchangeable battery packs -- once the batteries start wearing out, they're going to be useless.

If Apple really thinks these devices can be used in a retail setting they need to customize their imaging to be better suited for business... Totally silly how they're running consumer iOS and they expect them to work.
I like Apple but I wish they would have stuck with Motorola. And redo the myWork app like they have done now on them.

I like apple too, but as a consumer. They don't belong as a retail work device.

If they could implement automatic push updates and battery pack units, that would be much more ideal/tolerable.

Received the update today .. very dissapointed. So many problems with price change yet again. Fix one problem .. create another.

I like apple too, but as a consumer. They don't belong as a retail work device.

If they could implement automatic push updates and battery pack units, that would be much more ideal/tolerable.

Funny all those things are doable on a windows phone.. And they have been running sleds in retail environments for years..

Back