I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

My cashiers love me as a GSTL thats my goal. I got a redcard yesterday and one of my cashiers left the store during their break bought me a milkshake from chick-fil-a and gave it to me for recognition. I know a few who would really like it.

Yes! There is definitely a conversion score for the store, but I am not sure how it works for individual TMs. I'm not a front end TM, but from what I understand, cashiers and SD TMs aren't given a certain conversion score they have to meet each week or month or whatever (at least not at my store), but our GSAs and GSTLs do keep track of who gets REDCards each day and how many they get. I assume it probably just impacts their reviews and things like that…

Yeah it worked. Never got a prompt whenever I did this. Another store in our district was doing this and our LODs told us how to do it during the closing huddles.

There certainly is a conversion score! This should be shown, often, to your team. This will keep them in the loop, and consistent communication between all Cashiers, GSAs and GSTLs is VERY important! I am a GSTL at a Target in Nova Scotia and we are given conversion forcasts based on the expected revenue on a given day, and have them tallied to get an overall conversion score per week. I make sure to let the entire front end team know, when possible, on a weekly basis in regards to Survey score, fiscal projections, and of course expected conversion rates. aims43 is correct in that we do not have a conversion score per cashier, however we do keep track of all Redcards and it does certainly look favourably on a Team Member who consistently drives up conversion scores.

Last edited:
I don't have a RedCard yet but my mother does. Would it be acceptable to use her RedCard with my TM discount to get my lunch, or does this violate policy? She of course authorizes me to use her card. I'm not stealing from my mother or anything.

Just apply for the RedCard Debit.

If you are still considered a dependent, then it should be ok. But if not, and depending on you AP and store leadership, it looks fishy.

Completely against policy. It is the same thing as your mom using your discount which, even as a dependent, is against Target policy. You aren't likely to get caught, but in the event you are, you could be termed for it. Proceed with caution.

So I am pretty open-minded, and I really don't mind asking guests if they are interested in the REDcard. However, I feel like the management (GSAs, GSTLs, ETLs, STL, etc.) pushes it WAY too much. I am a cart attendant, and backup cashier as needed. I also occasionally work the sales floor in hardlines. Every time I have a cart attendant shift, the GSA asks me what my "goal" is for REDcards for the day. I am not a cashier, how the hell do I need a goal? We literally get bitched at if we forget to ask even one guest about it. Today just pushed me over the edge. I was doing my cart attendant duties, and kept getting stopped and asked to do other random shit. Today I was doing trashes, and the GSA stopped me and handed me flyers explaining the red card and the bonuses and shit. She literally made me stop what I was doing and walk the sales floor and approach 3 random guests and give them the flyer and give the red card speech. I really really REALLY hate how pushy they are about these red cards. If people want them they will let us know, red cards are advertised enough. Anyway, does anyone else have any comments about this subject?

I do think they are pushed too much, but I honestly don't see why everyone doesn't have the debit card. Unless they're anti-bank, which I wouldn't mind being. Fuck banks.

I do think they are pushed too much, but I honestly don't see why everyone doesn't have the debit card. Unless they're anti-bank, which I wouldn't mind being. Fuck banks.

You can get the debit card for a credit union account too. As long as you have a check.

HUGE amount of our guests are anti-cards these days. Then the check writers writing from their trust accounts.

I hate it, and have less than a week before vacation is over and I'm back at it.... Yuck.

we got a call from our dtl the other day saying the goal is going from 2.5% to 3.5% and we needed to get 20 reds a day

Back