I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

@BullseyeBabe forcing cashiers to sign up to meet goals. Giving 10% off on signup approved or not. Lying and saying its not a credit card but a rewards card we just need your id.. Pressing back on every prompt... scanning high dollar items to get a prompt then voiding items whenever a guest wants one to raise redcars when prompted goal giving away free doctored cards for free starbucks frapps at any target ... I have heard and seen it all

I think corporate puts these crazy goals knowing stores will freak out and do anything they can to get their numbers so when its all said and done for the most part stores will reach the actual goal.

I know we used to tell people their pull times or push times were lower than they actually were to get them motivated to go faster.

I absolutely hate RedCards. I hate when a guest comes up and says "Can I get a RedCard today?" Inside, you're all like, YES YES. After one of the uppers finds out about your RedCard you are praised for something that you didn't really even do... You were just lucky enough to be there.

I absolutely hate RedCards. I hate when a guest comes up and says "Can I get a RedCard today?" Inside, you're all like, YES YES. After one of the uppers finds out about your RedCard you are praised for something that you didn't really even do... You were just lucky enough to be there.

Lol that's how I got my first two. I was walking past electronics and two guest came up to and asked me to tell em what's up with this red card. Then they both signed up

forcing cashiers to sign up to meet goals. Giving 10% off on signup approved or not. Lying and saying its not a credit card but a rewards card we just need your id.. Pressing back on every prompt... scanning high dollar items to get a prompt then voiding items whenever a guest wants one to raise redcars when prompted goal giving away free doctored cards for free starbucks frapps at any target ... I have heard and seen it all""

the debit one is essentially a rewards card, since the guests that do it likely already use their debit card in the first place. pressing back on the prompt doesn't undo the prompt, and really, you should be getting redcards before they are prompted anyways. you DON'T WANT to be prompted.

Here is this past weeks frustration..... prompt, ask the guest, they say they have one...

Great right?

They pay cash first... so I have to hit decline, do their cash - then they swipe the blasted card.

This has happened TWICE this week, it is worse than the ones that just don't use it. I'm guessing that decline button registers - not the fact that they end up using it. And, they don't seem willing to do the card first, then the cash. I'll try that way next time - main issue being they don't think that way. it is "cash then balance".

UGH. Then add in the transfer that got 5 of them in 3 hours yesterday on her first shift - and she says it was sheer luck and 2 of them asked her first - now the rest of us have to shadow her to see how she does it. Heck, I think I only had 2 transactions even prompt yesterday.

One trick you can do to force the prompt is to hit "cash" when someone says they want to sign up. If it's a high enough amount, the system will almost always do the prompt (usually the debit one).

Correct, you DO NOT want to receive a prompt EVEN IF THEY WANT A REDCARD!!! It is much more beneficial to your score (and your store's) by signing them up without receiving the prompt. Simply scan the terms & agreements before you hit Total and you are guaranteed to not receive a prompt :)

At my location you get credit for a redcard and we want as less prompts as u can. But if u get a redcars on a yellow prompts screen it is worth more on your weekly conversion chart so they force it to prompt to sign up on the screen

Yeah, that no longer applies. All you are doing by forcing that prompt is bringing down your overall conversion score.

I think corporate puts these crazy goals knowing stores will freak out and do anything they can to get their numbers so when its all said and done for the most part stores will reach the actual goal.

I know we used to tell people their pull times or push times were lower than they actually were to get them motivated to go faster.
When I prep pogs I cut time off the "forcasted time" in hopes they will try to complete them quicker lol..

Not sure what other stores do but I write the time on the front of the pog..

Yeah, that no longer applies. All you are doing by forcing that prompt is bringing down your overall conversion score.

A long time back (when I was still a young CA :) ) our GSTLs used to keep track of the number of prompted vs non-prompted redcards, and I think the value system was different. This was back in like 2009 though...

yeah. for a long time prompted was worth more whereas no prompt counted for like half of whatever a prompted one was worth. The word conversion meant something a little different because the goal was to convert prompts into apps. My guess is that the prompts were showing up on transactions that were characteristic of people who were more likely to be approved for a redcard. Now the goal is to convert transactions to redcard apps. So if a prompt pops up, then that means that you didn't talk up the redcard to that guest as you were ringing them up. Now no prompts means that you're doing your job.

The longer you spend with target, the more you see the same things come and go.

The old formula for red card conversion rate was (# of Red Cards/# of Prompts + # of prompted red cards/# of prompts)/2. They changed it roughly two years ago so prompted red cards aren't worth twice as much as non-prompted red cards like they were before.

Back