To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: I have no idea why you take upwards of three and four breaks on a four hour shift. It's really annoying to have to tell the GSTL I have no clue where you are because you've decided to walk around and turn off your light for no reason... why you're still working here is a mystery.

My Sr. GSTL would have given that guy the biggest ear-full of his life whenever he showed up again. That's one of his biggest pet-peaves when a cashier just turns off their light and goes off somewhere without telling one of us. Even if it's just to the restroom, all that we ask is that you let us know so that we know where you are. One of our TM's has the habbit of just turning off his light to go do other things at the checklanes like passing out bags, collecting reshop, etc. without being asked and the two of them are constantly clashing about it.

TTORLC (The That One Red Lowes Cart)

Stop coming back into my store's parking lot! I know you are the only red Lowes shopping cart and that you live next door. I can only imagine you want a friend, but you have to stay in your own world.

(Also yes that cart isn't a TM, but where else am I supposed to put this?)

I walked into work today with tears streaming down my face lol. Cramps.
To the tm who rubbed my back while I got myself together, thank you!

To the tl who said nice things, thank you! I thought I was good at the whole good service "vibing" thing on the phone and in fitting room too, but I didn't think anyone noticed.

TTOTM: You accepted 45 -- FORTY-FIVE -- $10 off coupons (which were duplicated) for locks that cost $12.99. *headdesk* Common sense really isn't so common any more.

Now watch & see if they attempt a return.
Oh, I'm most certain of it. Who needs 45 fucking LOCKS? When my GSTL told me that, *I* got pissed. He suggested to the ETL-GE that the cashier be termed. I can't say I blame him. And the GSA who initially told the cashier only to accept four coupons, even though they were clearly fraudulent, needs to be spoken to as well. Yeah, the cashier still accepted all 45 even though the GSA said only 4. You can't make this stuff up.

....4-45....my heart

TToTM-

Alright I don't know which one you are, but I'm going to ask every single cashier who accepted the free pad/tampon coupon- that was copied and therefore unacceptable- as well as the two CLEARLY FAKE coupons for 5 and 10 dollars off "Barbie" (like I scanned a random item, scanned the coupon, and it took me to "pick item." Like c'mon I just gave the vast majority of you all a lecture on coupons and you all seemed like you got it down. Clearly we need another session because if the GSA/GSTLs won't properly teach the cashiers about coupons, who will? Oh right, me.

Things have been alright for a while, but this week suuuuucks.

To Those New TMs:
I know you're new, but you're getting away with a lot of shit that wouldn't have flown when I was new. You all have no hustle, no sense of urgency, and you do not listen to or follow simple directions. Pull your shit together or get canned.

To That One TL:
Start calling them on their shit or I will start calling you on yours. You give me crap for moving a little slow after hauling seven full pallets of water from one end of the store to another with one of our many wonderful broken-ass jacks that make it feel like I'm moving through dense mud (pardon me for not being Superman, that is clearly my bad), but when a new TM takes three minutes to bowl out one box you say nothing. Fuck you. I work my ass off every day because I give a shit about my work. Not about the job, but about doing my job well.

To That One ETL:
You're barely present as a boss. I understand not giving a shit about this job, but these newbies need direction and they don't listen to us regular TMs.

To Those New TMs again:
Stop whining about your pay. You make a full dollar more than I do and I've been there doing your exact job for more than two years. Thus far, none of you seem to be worth that pay. Fuck you.

TToTL

Take your lunch breaks! No seriously, you're not fooling anyone when you clock out, go back to work, and then clock back in 30 minutes later.

Yes, the backroom looks like shit, but 30 minutes is not going to make a difference and its not worth risking your job over.

To that one etl-ap, schedule the sexy ap for more hours. He left when I came in today. He is the kind of scenery I need in my life.

Update: Our shifts overlapped yesterday so I tried calling him for a fitting room issue.. The etl came instead. Womp womp womp.

Today, though, the cute tps came! The scenery is nice, lately. There's a new mobile guy with a nice butt. I'm Tina Belcher, btw.

To that one tm, I was doing my daily procrastination where I read those because you did it cards or whatever we're calling them and discovered you're on the tl bench. FINALLY. You should've been a tl before old what's his face became one.

To that one beauty concierge, thanks for the conversation. Whoda thunk we lived within a block of each other in college a state away before ending up in this place?! Small world!

TTOTM: Why don't you believe I speak Spanish? I've told you before I speak Spanish, my name tag says I speak Spanish, I've had conversations with guests who didn't speak anything *but* Spanish... but apparently to you, I only know "a few words". I know I'm hella white but damn, I have a degree in it.

TTOLOD: can you please just get what I ask for without being such a dick about it every single time? Yes, we NEED it, we aren't making papier mache Bullseyes with it! Maybe if you'd give us more than 2-3 rolls at a time, we wouldn't ASK for it so often!!! Better yet, just tell me where it's stored and I'll get it myself! This position has really gone to your head, you USED to be nice! :mad:

Rolls of what? Register/coupon tape, or something else? If the former I'd just ask the GSTL/GSA to bring it to pharmacy rather than deal with the LOD.

I'd bring it, only way I'd get annoyed would be if you consistently asked for it as you ran out, rather than when loading the last roll, etc. Telling me you need something RIGHT NOW while I am juggling 20 tasks would annoy me, but if you could wait 15-30 minutes till I had a spare moment I'd have no issue bringing pharmacy supplies.

TTOLOD: If a guest wants to speak directly to a manager, you have to make yourself available to the guest no matter what. I understand you relayed a message to me and you would've told the guest the exact same thing you told me over the walkie, but you can't turn down a request for the guest to speak with you.

Yeah, I disagree. I see no issue with ETL's not wasting their time. Quite often you asking the ETL via walkie, and the guest hearing the answer is more than enough for them to back down.

I frequently tell guests that demand to speak to a manager that they're already doing so, and if they demand to speak to MY manager I tell them that I'm not wasting someone elses time having them come over and repeat something I've already said.

I'm really not keen on giving every entitled rick what they want at the expense of less work being finished.

Last edited:
TToTL

Take your lunch breaks! No seriously, you're not fooling anyone when you clock out, go back to work, and then clock back in 30 minutes later.

Yes, the backroom looks like shit, but 30 minutes is not going to make a difference and its not worth risking your job over.

And you screwing over everyone working the backroom. You now are doing more work in supposedly less time than your peers. So when Spot cranks up the requirements you are to blame. And why are you working for free? That just proves you are stupid.

Rolls of what? Register/coupon tape, or something else? If the former I'd just ask the GSTL/GSA to bring it to pharmacy rather than deal with the LOD.

I'd bring it, only way I'd get annoyed would be if you consistently asked for it as you ran out, rather than when loading the last roll, etc. Telling me you need something RIGHT NOW while I am juggling 20 tasks would annoy me, but if you could wait 15-30 minutes till I had a spare moment I'd have no issue bringing pharmacy supplies.
It's coupon/register tape or bags we are asking for. We usually go ask when we load the last roll/pack. We don't ask for it immediately, just "when he gets a chance," and ask if SOMEONE can bring some over. It's always the third degree: why do you need more? Didn't you just get some? What happened to what you just got? How much do you have left? Let's see, since you only brought us 2 rolls 3 days ago, I'd say we actually USED all of it....

If they would just tell us where it's stored, we could grab it ourselves and wouldn't have to bother them. We would have no problem grabbing any if it ourselves, but they won't even let our TL get it! What's the big fricking deal?!?! And it's only 1 particular person who ever gives us attitude about it....EVERYONE else says, "okay, just give me a few minutes," and that's fine with us. I'm just sick of getting attitude from 1 particular person like I'm doing something "improper" with it. It's seriously gotten to the point where I will go through the drawers of the rarely used registers until I find some, rather than ask that particular person because I'm tired of the attitude.

It's seriously gotten to the point where I will go through the drawers of the rarely used registers until I find some, rather than ask that particular person because I'm tired of the attitude.
What I did for SB & FA because they seldom bring us what we need: receipt paper, change, breaks, etc.

TTOTM: Why don't you believe I speak Spanish? I've told you before I speak Spanish, my name tag says I speak Spanish, I've had conversations with guests who didn't speak anything *but* Spanish... but apparently to you, I only know "a few words". I know I'm hella white but damn, I have a degree in it.
Maybe start speaking to him/her in Spanish?

What I did for SB & FA because they seldom bring us what we need: receipt paper, change, breaks, etc.
I got snippy on Friday because I went at 10 to ask for it. We still hadn't received it by lunch, so I asked again & was told, "he hadn't had a chance yet, & didn't I JUST bring you some Wednesday?" Yeah, you brought us TWO rolls, you wouldn't have to bring it as often if you gave us more than TWO ROLLS at a time..." The tape on the other register turned pink after lunch, so I called out over the walkie, "GSTL, pharmacy is still waiting on that register tape we've requested twice..." It STILL wasn't there when I left for the day, so I asked one of the cashiers if they had an extra roll. They did, so I took that over.

I've also "made change" between the registers as well because it's sometimes taken HOURS for them to bring it to us after we request it. One day, we were down to ONLY a $20, $1s and coins in one register because people kept requesting cash back. The other register had $1s, 2-$50s, & coins. We finally had to call out over the walkie to bring change because the guest didn't want all $1s!

I get that they're busy, but when we request it for BOTH registers, it shouldn't take TWO HOURS to bring it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back