90 days

Does hr wait to fire while you're in your 90 days? My friend keeps taking off or leaving early. He thinks he won't get fired because he hits rate...allegedly. Every week he misses 1to 2 days.

they don’t wait till your 90 but they are not just going to outright fire you. They’ll likely get a CA before being fired. Also it is hard to Fire / CA domino who doesn’t show up to work constantly.

Does hr wait to fire while you're in your 90 days? My friend keeps taking off or leaving early. He thinks he won't get fired because he hits rate...allegedly. Every week he misses 1to 2 days.

If his OM wants him gone they can just observe him until he makes a safety mistake and CA for that. You need a lot to ca for reliability / prod.

i think not showing up is one of the quickest things they will fire you for. and i dont see how they need to ca for it either, if they are missing that much that they are not even available to ca. i know 3 straight is job abandonment.

they basically tend to give new people (say between 90 days and two years) a ton of leash though. probably in a desperate attempt to increase retention. after a few years and proving you are reliable you will be graded much much more harshly. at that point you will be allowed maybe 2-3 incidents in 6 months. unless you are a favored one.

Last edited:
i think not showing up is one of the quickest things they will fire you for. and i dont see how they need to ca for it either, if they are missing that much that they are not even available to ca. i know 3 straight is job abandonment.

they basically tend to give new people (say between 90 days and two years) a ton of leash though. probably in a desperate attempt to increase retention. after a few years and proving you are reliable you will be graded much much more harshly. at that point you will be allowed maybe 2-3 incidents in 6 months. unless you are a favored one.

2020-2023 you could basically get away with anything. Lots of OM's wouldn't CA for anything unless you were endangering yourself/others.

A lot changed in Q3/Q4 2023. Labor 'market' tightened and now target isn't as afraid to fire or treat employees like crap again.

Back