A shift under 4 hours

My store recently posted a 3.25 hour shift.

I didn't think Target ever did that.

The dumb thing is they then posted a similiar but longer shift that overlaps with that one.

Last edited:
My store recently posted a 3.25 hour shift.

I didn't think Target ever did that.

The dumb thing is they then posted a similiar but longer shift that overlaps with that one.
It has. I'm not sure when they started doing that but it has been done for a long time now.

In a related does Mytime not let you pickup shifts unless they are TEN hours apart?

For example:

I do not work today.

I am scheduled tomorrow 5:00 to 10:00 PM.

However there is a 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM shift.

Will Mytime let me add the earlier shift?

I tried to do that but it was denied because there is only a hour gap.

In a related does Mytime not let you pickup shifts unless they are TEN hours apart?

For example:

I do not work today.

Yeah mytime is super annoying that way. I can only pick up a shift if I am off that day. It's never let me pick one up on a day I'm working.

I work at a certain retail company where the minimum possible hours are 0 per week but in practice they only hand such schedules out punitively to those who’ve already been repeatedly hounded/implored to GET GOOD, to no avail

bear in mind that working at my store is anomalously and almost suspiciously easy, chill, self-explanatory and even, dare I say, fun, as far as retail generally tends to shake out, including Black Friday and Christmas…..really makes you go “yo hold up, wait a minute, what the fuck, Marla is my SD irl and Stuart never existed because his mom plummeted off a cliff into lava in Minecraft before he was ever born?” yup. Turns out the actual reason behind the collapse of Grumbel’s was their steadfast refusal to hire the cartooniest possible talent (me) despite being a literal cartoon, but luckily my current company took a gamble which paid off innumerable times over, not to mention giving one store in particular the Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe that don’t need no green screen

For example:

I do not work today.

Yeah mytime is super annoying that way. I can only pick up a shift if I am off that day. It's never let me pick one up on a day I'm working.

Just call your store and tell them you want to pick it up. They can take the shift off the other person and give it to you.

Just call your store and tell them you want to pick it up. They can take the shift off the other person and give it to you.
Usually the person who wants to switch with me will call, and sometimes they will change it at the store but usually I will just get an override when I go in.

It's just so much easier when it works in the app.

Hasn't happened in a while at my store, but a few years ago, when we still had a Flow team, all of us were scheduled for 3-hour shifts. Lots of TMs complained about it hardly being worth it to show up, especially for those who drove from further away. This was also before the $15 starting wage, so when my TL asked if I could stay late (which happened sort of often), I sometimes did but more often said "nope, because my other job has more hours and better per hour pay."
Can't remember when it changed, but there's a lot less grumbling now about the schedule.

Back