Breakroom Calendar

GoForMe

Senior Team Member Expert
Are any of the stores like ours and HR takes down the Breakroom Calendar with the different days and team member recognition events on them along with the birthdays and anniversaries of team members in the middle of the month when they won’t do one of the team member recognition events that is on said calendar? My HR has been removing the calendar like this for three months in a row.

Ours is up circle week is food week. Today was donut day.

But they did remove team members birthdays and anniversaries.

Our store has been doing this calendar thing for a while now . I also don’t like the bdays and anniversaries to be posted but no one else seems to care . They are still doing the same and choosing one employee as employee of the month and have their picture everywhere around the break room for the whole month(even more weird for me 🙄).

Our store has been doing this calendar thing for a while now . I also don’t like the bdays and anniversaries to be posted but no one else seems to care . They are still doing the same and choosing one employee as employee of the month and have their picture everywhere around the break room for the whole month(even more weird for me 🙄).
Whenever I see the employee of the month posted in plain view of guests in other stores, I say to myself, thank goodness Target doesn't do this.

Totally agree do not want my birthday or anniversary on the calendar so I ask always ask them to leave it off.
Employee of the month? Um no. In my store that would do more harm than good. The back biting and resentment that went on when we used to do that was horrible. Every month was another round of insults for which ever poor soul got picked for the dubious honor.
And their picture everywhere would add gasoline to the fire.
They need to know not everyone wants that sort of recognition.

Seems many people have too much time on their hands and are concerning themselves with things they shouldn't. I have no idea who's Employee of the Month or if we even still do it because I'm not hanging around the office area long enough to notice. I go in, hit the time clock, grab my equipment and I'm out the door. At end of shift I return said equipment, hit the clock again and leave the premises.

Seems many people have too much time on their hands and are concerning themselves with things they shouldn't. I have no idea who's Employee of the Month or if we even still do it because I'm not hanging around the office area long enough to notice. I go in, hit the time clock, grab my equipment and I'm out the door. At end of shift I return said equipment, hit the clock again and leave the premises.
For us it’s not just in the TSC area , the whole break room tables have these calendars in small format on one side of a frame and the employee of the month picture . I always take my break in the break room .

They are still doing the same and choosing one employee as employee of the month and have their picture everywhere around the break room for the whole month(even more weird for me 🙄).
This sounds like overdoing it to the max, wow- my store has a wall with a circle of each employee of the month/"top dog," next to the timeclock and that's it. One picture per person that wins, plus they're such small polaroids that they're hard to notice if you're not looking for them. Having them IN the break room would weird me out

Back