Goodbye Target!

I'll be honest, I haven't stepped foot in Target since my last day. Not a vendetta or anything against them, it's just the reason I ever bought anything from them in the first place was the discount. But I have a good affordable grocery store near my new office, and I signed up for Amazon Prime. I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to go back.
Great point.

I had never even to been to the Target I work at until I went there for an interview there NINE years ago.

It is less than six miles away.

With the internet shopping and a Kroger that I can walk to why would I?

Great point.

I had never even to been to the Target I work at until I went there for an interview there NINE years ago.

It is less than six miles away.

With the internet shopping and a Kroger that I can walk to why would I?
Also, I'll be honest, I don't want old employees talking to me to catch up or ask about my new job, or say they want me back or whatever. I wish nothing but the best for them, but I kinda just want to completely move on from that chapter of my life in a work sense. If I need to buy something, I have another Target that's as close to me. But I'd rather buy what I need and get out.

Also, I'll be honest, I don't want old employees talking to me to catch up or ask about my new job, or say they want me back or whatever. I wish nothing but the best for them, but I kinda just want to completely move on from that chapter of my life in a work sense. If I need to buy something, I have another Target that's as close to me. But I'd rather buy what I need and get out.

I rarely go to the Target I worked for, mainly because there are three of them that are closer to me than that one. But when I do go there I try to walk away from any employees that I recognize.

I rarely go to the Target I worked for, mainly because there are three of them that are closer to me than that one. But when I do go there I try to walk away from any employees that I recognize.
Glad I'm not the only one. And although I said I'm not avoiding target as a protest or vendetta or anything, part of me doesn't want to give money to a company that doesn't treat their workers as well as I think they should be treated. But again, I just haven't been back to Target because I have better more convenient options now.

I've said it before and everybody brushed me off... but all of this is exactly what happened at K-Mart 20 years ago... jus' an observation from someone who was there
And I've told all my coworkers the same thing, Target is going the way of Kmart. They're just a little more savvy, so they may last a little longer. But there's only so much squeezing out of the employees you can do before the business implodes on itself. Especially with the best, most hard working, and most loyal employees. I was with Target for nearly 11 years and I couldn't take it anymore. A lot of coworkers who were there when I first started have either quit or have said they're going to quit this year. It's unsustainable.

Costco has proven that you can run a successful business and treat your employees well as a public company without penny pinching. Lots of corporations need to learn a lesson or two from them. I just went on Glassdoor to check, and Brian Cornell has a 59% approval rating from employees. Costco's CEO has 81%.

Last edited:
I've said it before and everybody brushed me off... but all of this is exactly what happened at K-Mart 20 years ago... jus' an observation from someone who was there
I watched Dayton-Hudson Corporation (Target Corp’s previous incarnation) run Mervyn’s into the ground the same way. Only took a year to cut to the bone then sell the gutted corpse to new owners who took another year to pick the bones clean, dump the fragments into liquidation and Mervyn’s was nothing but a memory. Sad, really.

I watched Dayton-Hudson Corporation (Target Corp’s previous incarnation) run Mervyn’s into the ground the same way. Only took a year to cut to the bone then sell the gutted corpse to new owners who took another year to pick the bones clean, dump the fragments into liquidation and Mervyn’s was nothing but a memory. Sad, really.
That's rather ironic since my former store was literally built on the grave of a Mervyn's....

Back