Overnight shifts

Good afternoon folks,
Have you guys heard anything about moving all floor tms to overnight shift? We all start at midnight until 7 or 8 in the morning. I don't know if it only happens at my store or all stores? One etl told us schedule will be affected in 2 weeks. 8 months ago they did asked people to move to overnight shift but they do have choices but now it's mandatory. This will mess up big time for us folks with 2 jobs. And who will assist guests in morning? I'm scared to think about this process....

Good afternoon folks,
Have you guys heard anything about moving all floor tms to overnight shift? We all start at midnight until 7 or 8 in the morning. I don't know if it only happens at my store or all stores? One etl told us schedule will be affected in 2 weeks. 8 months ago they did asked people to move to overnight shift but they do have choices but now it's mandatory. This will mess up big time for us folks with 2 jobs. And who will assist guests in morning? I'm scared to think about this process....
Are you saying that all daytime team members are moving to overnight? Style team members, GM team members, etc will be overnight?

Change your availability to accommodate your other job. Also depends on store sales or size.
If I’m reading the post correctly they are saying all daytime team members would move to overnight. If this is true changing availability won’t help. I’m hoping I’m reading it wrong because that would be a mess to say the least.

Will your store be moving to an overnight unload process? Certain high volume stores have them, and most of the hours come out of GM/Inbound. My store is an overnight store, and all of the freight is done overnight after the truck unload. Only the dry grocery team is early morning (my TMs start between 2 and 4am). We have one dayside GM TL who oversees pricing and plano, and some dayside GM to help with priorities/reshop/bullseye. Downside is we don't have a TON of people on the floor to help guests/back up but we manage well and have a really good process.

I'd love to go to an overnight shift, but I'm sure my store isn't high volume enough. Even though I enjoy some guest interaction, I could do without most of it. And the constant calls for backup, shout-outs for who got a new circle card signup, driveup announcements on the walkie, etc. get to be annoying. But to get all my truck push done before the store opens? That'd be pretty great. So I'm a little envious!

Will your store be moving to an overnight unload process? Certain high volume stores have them, and most of the hours come out of GM/Inbound. My store is an overnight store, and all of the freight is done overnight after the truck unload. Only the dry grocery team is early morning (my TMs start between 2 and 4am). We have one dayside GM TL who oversees pricing and plano, and some dayside GM to help with priorities/reshop/bullseye. Downside is we don't have a TON of people on the floor to help guests/back up but we manage well and have a really good process.
They've been doing overnight unload for 7 months. In theory it's works but reality is in different story. Most hours go to inbound. After they load the truck they only push beauty and essential. So other gm like home, bed, kitchen, plastic, stationary, toys, sporting goods haven't been push or zone. The only department benefit from this overnight process is essential and beauty. The essential etl and her lazy tl didn't pull their weight so they're always behind. Morning gm tms have to push and backstock our own freight. So I'm just curious of how moving the 9 of morning gm tms to overnight will help the process. Is this happens to all store or just my store. What will be the role of gm tls then? Who will do price change and audit and rfid if it's not us?Who will help support fulfillment if we're not there? Or are we gonna do the same thing with less amount of time. My tl doesn't have answer and etls don't want to discuss this. I'm at loss. Sorry for ranting

Kinda weird they'd force GM TM's into Inbound, but Inbound is technically GM. Maybe they gave a choice initially, but now they need the overnight TM's since GM areas aren't getting pushed, and since enough didn't volunteer, they're getting voluntold? For us, if we're not going to come clean because of callouts/scheduling, GM is prioritized (besides F&B, good chunk of sales there), and Specialty is on best effort basis.

I'd think they'd hire specifically for overnight instead of forcing, but eh, whatdoiknow?

We don't even have a Bullseye person, they just shoehorn a TL or cashier into it. Cashiers also get stolen for guest services...and then they have the cojones to tell us guests are complaining about line length.

Back