Target refusing to add suffix

Someone explain to me why Target can refuse to add my full legal name to my paychecks? That has to be illegal to essentially write out my checks to my father instead of me, since they do not put the social on the stubs.

"Thank you for reaching out to HROC. Target's payslips will only reflect a legal first and last name and not a suffix (i.e. Jr), so your check is correctly reflecting with how the Workday system is set up. We are unable to add the suffix."

Hmm, not being a Jr. or anything else requiring a suffix, I wonder how this works for other people who are? I've done payroll for a couple of small businesses before, but never had this issue come up. Now I'm curious.

As far as I can tell the system doesn't care about the suffix because it has your SS number as yours primary ID.
That's the way the IRS feels etc.
They don't even care about your middle name that much.
It seems like a good way for there to be problems but welcome to the future.
You are magnetic ink.

As far as I can tell the system doesn't care about the suffix because it has your SS number as yours primary ID.
That's the way the IRS feels etc.
They don't even care about your middle name that much.
It seems like a good way for there to be problems but welcome to the future.
You are magnetic ink.
As far as we can tell the stubs do not actually use your ssn

As far as we can tell the stubs do not actually use your ssn

But they don't care about that because it's connected in their system.
If they had the father and son working for them, they'd run the check number and tell you who which person the check assigned to even though the names on the check are the same.
Stupid and annoying when all they have to do is add the Jr. But I'm sure it must save them a few pennies someplace so here we are.

Someone explain to me why Target can refuse to add my full legal name to my paychecks? That has to be illegal to essentially write out my checks to my father instead of me, since they do not put the social on the stubs.

"Thank you for reaching out to HROC. Target's payslips will only reflect a legal first and last name and not a suffix (i.e. Jr), so your check is correctly reflecting with how the Workday system is set up. We are unable to add the suffix."
You can change your own name on workday. . Just go to your profile.

The inability to include a middle name or a suffix is really stupid. For many people with common names, this is a real PIA. Think of John Smith, Mary Jones, Jim Jones, Sue Brown. Are the people who run Workday truly that stupid that they cannot accommodate full legal names, or is this in fact a problem at Target's end?

Back