Archived Do your GSA/GSTL's have a cordless phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox

Backroom/SFS Slug
I'm curious. At my store, each register has a red phone and the GSA/GSTL will have a cordless phone that can be dialed from the red phones if a cashier needs help. We don't use blinking lights to indicate when a cashier needs help, they just dial my extension and ask for help on [insert register number].

It's very convenient for me, cause I can just dial Electronics/TSC/FR from wherever. The LOD will also frequently borrow the phone for callouts and such.

I heard that another store near us does this. Our cashiers use the blinkers or flag us down if we aren't looking. We have a cordless at guest services for that TM, but if we need to get ahold of someone, we just use a walkie.

oh yeah but basically if you're walking by the checklanes at my store, and you look like you know what you're doing/have a mydevice, a cashier will flag you down if needed.

Sometimes but mainly to call helpdesk but be on the floor to keep an eye on the lanes. Some of our red phones are just junk at checklanes.

I don't know why they don't do this.

Most of the grocery chains in my area have an extensive network of Cisco IP phones like they have at the fitting room and TSC. Every checklane has one, most departments have two, and all department managers have a wireless version (the size of an early 2000s cell phone).

We have both blinkers and phones. I'm pretty sure that 98% of the cashiers don't know how to dial the service desk or LOD for help. It does sound like it would help out a lot! Whenever I see a blinking light and no LOD/ETL I go over to the register and see if there is anything I can do to help. If its a new TM I normally know enough to teach them, but if it's someone whose been there long enough, I'll normally offer my walkie or tell them I'll go pester the LOD/ETL until they come over.

We have a cordless but most of our cashiers wouldn't be able to dial the right extension....its mostly for answering GS calls or borrowed by the fitting room after their phone is put on night bell.

My first store had one, but TMs didn't call it. It was for night bell phone service, so the GSA/GSTL can answer phone calls instead of staffing TSC/Fitting Room.

At my second store, we highly encouraged use of the HELP button and GSA/GSTL and LOD logging into the LPDA alerts. If it was an emergency, they'd use flashers.

My first store had one, but TMs didn't call it. It was for night bell phone service, so the GSA/GSTL can answer phone calls instead of staffing TSC/Fitting Room.

At my second store, we highly encouraged use of the HELP button and GSA/GSTL and LOD logging into the LPDA alerts. If it was an emergency, they'd use flashers.

Yeah, we used to use the lpdas for alerts. But redwire doesn't do the alerts in a timely enough manner to be relevant. Seriously, if they hit the help button, I need to know about it now...not in ten minutes.

I'm pretty sure the majority of our checklane phones don't work. We have a cordless at the front end, but it's for guest service because they don't have a switchboard phone (like the TSC and fitting room).

GSAs/GSTLs at my store have a cordless phone but the issue with that is that a lot of the phones on the registers don't work or are so messed up and you can't hear anything on them. Only people from sales floor that come up for back up turn on their lights.

Oh, and apparently our GSAs/GSTLs absolutely hate just being called over to help people.

I have a cordless that I use pretty regularly, especially with business picking up. Usually, though, I'm not more than a few feet away from the lanes. It's great for the good old "Guest Services, you have a call on 2280" that happens every 2.5 seconds, at least then I can walk and talk.

Ours does but only like two GSAs use them. GSTLs don't carry them around and the other GSAs don't like it so we end up sitting around with a blinker forever while trying to call someone.

I would cry if that was a thing we actually had to use, I really can't handle phones well. Whenever my red phone rings I start freaking out until another TM answers it and will refuse to take it until I know who it is

We have cordless phones, but they're never used to speak to people in the store, they're just used to respond to the operator announcing that guest service has a call on 2280, etc.

Ditto what Nauzhror said. There's a cordless at photo and the SD for guest calls. I've never seen them used for internal calls.

On the topic of phones, can the red phones around the store be used to call another phone in the store? Say I picked up the red phone in market and wanted to dial the extension for electronics.

Should be able to call station to station but you need to know their extension.

On the topic of phones, can the red phones around the store be used to call another phone in the store? Say I picked up the red phone in market and wanted to dial the extension for electronics.

That's the case with the red phones at my store. I've called Electronics using a register's red phone. But only the one red phone at the service desk dials outside.

I think we dial 33 then the lane number to call the lanes. I carry a cordless with me as much as I can to answer guest calls. I often find myself answering calls for other areas. We have 2 cordless phones at GS, 2 at the electronic boat and 1 at the jewelry boat. We put them in one of the LPDA cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back