MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'm sure my STL reads this forum because our store is getting them, but he is only using them for the floor. Flow, backroom, Plano, ect will get to use the pdas; the rest of the store will get stuck with the iPods. Our registry iPods always seem to work, though. Maybe its because my store is within a few hours of Cupertino. :p;)

The backroom, Flow, can't use the iPods their functions are not on the devices. Plano will need a couple of both.. And they can't be used by flow since they don't have batteries you can swap out. So if they use it overnight and kill the battery day side teams are screwed.

Sales floor, In-Stocks, Pricing have to use the iPods since our functions are no longer on the PDAs. Not a matter of STL doesn't want teams to use them, those teams have NO choice.

My shithole store got them today. I know I bitched but they looked pretty cool. I picked one up and touched the screen and it's just like an iPhone or iPod touch. I'm not sure when we get to use them. I think they had just been dropped off in the equipment room. I got there at noon and they weren't there but clocked out at 8pm and they were there.

We are due to install on Thursday but they iPods have not shown up, has anyone if you know cut it this close for delivery of the sales floor devices?

We are due to install on Thursday but they iPods have not shown up, has anyone if you know cut it this close for delivery of the sales floor devices?
They are supposed to arrive a couple weeks before install date and are to be kept in the STL office. That's what the instructions were anyway, haha.

My shithole store got them today. I know I bitched but they looked pretty cool. I picked one up and touched the screen and it's just like an iPhone or iPod touch. I'm not sure when we get to use them. I think they had just been dropped off in the equipment room. I got there at noon and they weren't there but clocked out at 8pm and they were there.

well you won't get to use them since you're backroom iirc ;)

They are supposed to arrive a couple weeks before install date and are to be kept in the STL office. That's what the instructions were anyway, haha.

That didn't happen. Thanks for confirming what we know, we got holsters though. :)

I'm on the fence about the iPod. They're quick with the location searches (our wifi dead zone seems to have been fixed, so yay for PDAs and iPods working everywhere, now!!) but they don't do enough. Can't do online item pricing and they don't work with the portable printers. Those are the only things I ever need to do that they can't do, but it's still annoying.

And I hate the holster thingy. It's impossible to easily pull the thing out. I need to hold the holster and pull the iPod out.

I do like the iPod for zoning and pushing cafs and such.
The ipod can print to the portable printers. I just did it today. Just scan the printer before you try to print labels.

Any idea how to look at cartwheel on this thing? It was either log into my Facebook, which is blocked on there and I would never do anyway, or log into target.com account. I don't want to do that either.

They are pretty cool though so far. I printed labels no problem. Oh and scanning an item is WAY faster than the pda.

I'm on the fence about the iPod. They're quick with the location searches (our wifi dead zone seems to have been fixed, so yay for PDAs and iPods working everywhere, now!!) but they don't do enough. Can't do online item pricing and they don't work with the portable printers. Those are the only things I ever need to do that they can't do, but it's still annoying.

And I hate the holster thingy. It's impossible to easily pull the thing out. I need to hold the holster and pull the iPod out.

I do like the iPod for zoning and pushing cafs and such.
The ipod can print to the portable printers. I just did it today. Just scan the printer before you try to print labels.

scan the printer ?? those labels are all broken in half in front where the plastic parts of the printer attach. We have to type in the printer number, i hope you can still type in the printer number on the ipods. and does bcode work to print the bcode labels. bcode is still in rfapps which makes me doubt that it will work on the ipa\ods.

Any idea how to look at cartwheel on this thing? It was either log into my Facebook, which is blocked on there and I would never do anyway, or log into target.com account. I don't want to do that either.
You can talk to your leadership and see if you can start a store one for all to use and just stay signed in under. Otherwise, there is no way without signing into your target.com account.

They are pretty cool though so far. I printed labels no problem. Oh and scanning an item is WAY faster than the pda.
There is a store email you can put in. Partner with your ETL-GE to see if they have it or know it.

I'm assuming we'll still use the PDAs to back stock in the freezer, something tells me the iPad won't last long in -20 degree cold freezer.

I have a fellin' the pda's are also on stike this week in the freezer, as there hass been no backstocking for the last 2 trucks now, wtf. I was told that there are no tms to backstock, they are shorthanded. Well, start offering overtime !!

There is a store email you can put in. Partner with your ETL-GE to see if they have it or know it.
We don't have an ETL-GE right now.

Hmm, the one time I tried to use it to print a label, nothing came up to input a printer or anything. And a few other people said it didn't work. So maybe, it's just not working in my store due to the network problems or something. Next time I have the forethought to grab one, I'll try to figure it out.

If you scan the printer barcode before your try to print a label, it will print the label to the printer that you scanned. If you cannot scan the barcode, you can just type the printer code into the search bar. (i.e. t1234prt0251)

If you scan the printer barcode before your try to print a label, it will print the label to the printer that you scanned. If you cannot scan the barcode, you can just type the printer code into the search bar. (i.e. t1234prt0251)

Do you have to type the full name (t1234prt0251) with MyDevice, or can you just type in the number (0251) like with our current stuff?

Do you have to type the full name (t1234prt0251) with MyDevice, or can you just type in the number (0251) like with our current stuff?

I have always done the full name of the printer.

And qmosqueen: get ahold of a person who can configure a printer and have them print you a new barcode label for that printer. I know it can be done.

I have always done the full name of the printer.

And qmosqueen: get ahold of a person who can configure a printer and have them print you a new barcode label for that printer. I know it can be done.

You should have a computer in the TSC that has a MC75 Configuration Cradle, there should also be an RJ-11 connector that you can plug into the Portable Printers. There is an application on the PC (forgot the name) that you can connect to the printer with, and assign Printer ID , as well as re-image the printer, and print barcodes.

Back