MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Why do you need to do online pricing with them? Guest service has the iPad for verification, and all price matching has to be done there.
I would have preferred being able to do it in electronics sometimes, woulda been nice

Why do you need to do online pricing with them? Guest service has the iPad for verification, and all price matching has to be done there.

Not price matching lol. Online item tickets, when the item isn't sold in store. I know the sticker prints out at GS but they never put em on so we usually print them out on our own... You know the sticker that says online item was $xxx now $xx

You mean we're supposed to use those red stickers? I just stick them on the side of the Toss box. It's festive!

Haha.. Whenever I go to gs, they just have a long strip of the clearance-y stickers hanging from a printer.

No kidding, when I started, the SD TMs didn't know that you were supposed to use the white stickers OR the red stickers. Missed salvage? huh? ESIM? Just throw it in the box, no bag, no sticker. CRC? No CRC because they never defected any of that. Just throw it back on the shelf. But the store had only been open for a year and a half. No big deal. It's been a rough 2 months but slowly and surely we're gonna be brand. Reference open carry thread. ;)

ARGH. It nearly kills me when I have TMs that ignored the missed salvage stickers on returns. I cannot imagine dealing with the rest.

And we have it easy now. When I started at GS, we had these stupid license plate stickers (red, yellow or green) that had to be scanned and accounted for on products. That pointless little procedure could get you lost for days if you didn't keep up.

So, I was informed tonight that in a couple of weeks my store will be replacing all PDAs and LPDAs with these new-fangled MyDevices. We are getting a whopping total of 20... That's supposed to cover every single workcenter. Basically, the salesfloor will never get to use them because the process teams, the team leads, the GSA, and guest service will each have to have one. HQ says we can have more if we can prove ourselves responsible enough for them. We currently have 30 PDAs including LPDAs and that's currently not enough to hand around to everyone who needs onen on truck days. I'm really not looking forward to all the holiday season guest that I'll have to calm down because Target didn't provide enough resources for my salesfloor to help them with.

Are stores disposing of the LPDA's/PDA's? Or will they still function once replaced? If so I'd imagine keeping them for TM's to use that can't get the new iPods seems the best bet, then you'd have ~50 rather than going from 30 to 20.

It's my understanding that the back room/ reverse logistics will still use the PDAs through the fourth quarter. They will be phased out in the new year.

All stores will retain old PDAs/LPDAs through the 4th quarter wile the new PDAs roll in. Therefore of you have roughly 20 old PDAs and you get 20 of the new ones, you will have roughly 40 devices in your store, Q4 should at least be better since we can all have enough devices to go around. Now yes backroom will still use the old PDAs because the new devices do not at the moment have backroom functions--i.e: STO, SUBT, myFA, SCNT, RECV, PUSH. After Q4, LPDAs and older PDAs will go away and we will be left with the iPods and 9200 PDAs for backroom use. All guest help apps on the PDAs will go away as well, so the only way to really assist a guest will be on the iPods. PDAs will be strictly task oriented. Of course priority for the iPods will be any guest facing TMs and of course TLs/ETLs/STL. I hope we can keep up with them so we can get more. I'm sure they cost a lot less than PDAs did.

All stores will retain old PDAs/LPDAs through the 4th quarter wile the new PDAs roll in. Therefore of you have roughly 20 old PDAs and you get 20 of the new ones, you will have roughly 40 devices in your store, Q4 should at least be better since we can all have enough devices to go around. Now yes backroom will still use the old PDAs because the new devices do not at the moment have backroom functions--i.e: STO, SUBT, myFA, SCNT, RECV, PUSH. After Q4, LPDAs and older PDAs will go away and we will be left with the iPods and 9200 PDAs for backroom use. All guest help apps on the PDAs will go away as well, so the only way to really assist a guest will be on the iPods. PDAs will be strictly task oriented. Of course priority for the iPods will be any guest facing TMs and of course TLs/ETLs/STL. I hope we can keep up with them so we can get more. I'm sure they cost a lot less than PDAs did.

This, so lock them up so your flow teams can't use the iPods, cause you can't swap batteries. My store is overnight so if flow uses them they will be dead by the time we come in. And flow has NO reason to use them, they can't do any of the backroom functions.

And PS - don't watch the videos - you will learn NOTHING and its a waste of time.

All guest help apps on the PDAs will go away as well, so the only way to really assist a guest will be on the iPods.

What's the point of making the PDA's lose functionality? ie. Why not leave them fully functional so that they're largely redundant, but at least usable by people who could benefit from them once there are no extra iPods.

I'd still happily use a LPDA at Guest Service if there were no iPods available.

All guest help apps on the PDAs will go away as well, so the only way to really assist a guest will be on the iPods.

What's the point of making the PDA's lose functionality? ie. Why not leave them fully functional so that they're largely redundant, but at least usable by people who could benefit from them once there are no extra iPods.

Yeah, doesn't make sense either. If i read it correctly. Its on the main page of WorkBench and click the myDevice picture at the bottom left. It tells you what all it does and doesn't do and what will be happening with the old PDAs. And tells you when your store will get installed with them and GoLive date.

Yeah, doesn't make sense either. If i read it correctly. Its on the main page of WorkBench and click the myDevice picture at the bottom left. It tells you what all it does and doesn't do and what will be happening with the old PDAs. And tells you when your store will get installed with them and GoLive date.

Cause the devices speak different languages the way the code architecture works won't be compatible between each other, the servers they run off are set up for one or the other, and keeping both up and up to date is a massive headache. My guess..

It is actually one thing that is being done right and makes logical sense.

ARGH. It nearly kills me when I have TMs that ignored the missed salvage stickers on returns. I cannot imagine dealing with the rest.

And we have it easy now. When I started at GS, we had these stupid license plate stickers (red, yellow or green) that had to be scanned and accounted for on products. That pointless little procedure could get you lost for days if you didn't keep up.

Oh, license plates. Those were the good 'ol days! (I only miss those because it was really easy to tell from a distance whether an item was defective and what type)

Remember back before Sort Stuff when you manually had to check if returned items had gone clearance and use the PDA to print clearance labels? Or when we always had a monarch printer handy? (I think some stores still do...) Remember the days before ESIM, Vendor Pick-Up, and Box H (and when missed salvage was separate from Greens?)

I just played around with a myDevice for the first time last night (ours go live on Tuesday, and I'm supposed to train our closing team on how to use them...lol). I am in LOVE with the print signs functionality!! I almost wish I was opening today and not closing so that I could see how much time it's going to cut off my ad audit on Sunday mornings. I think it will honestly cut my time in half!

For anyone who hasn't read about/seen one yet, the new "Item Search" app (it's not called that anymore) will allow you to scan an item, and then from that screen print a label or sign. Once you hit print, you select the sign size and it automatically creates a sign batch under your first initial and last name, and anything else you print signs for goes under that batch until you close it from the iPod or delete it from the Sign & Label PC. The process to start a sign batch literally takes about 2 seconds, as opposed to the current process of toggling from Item Search to RF Apps and going through the 10+ additional clicks/scans to set up, name, and drop signs under a batch. There's also an option to view directly from the iPod how many signs you've created so far. And, the interface automatically tells you whether an item is Sale or TPC, rather than having to look under Promo Ad Info for the sale dates.

Curious... does anyone know if alerts work on the myDevices yet? I'm talking mainly for GSTL/GSA (Get Change, REDCard Apps, that sort of thing). I didn't see any option for this last night, but wasn't sure if that's just because ours haven't gone live yet.

I just played around with a myDevice for the first time last night (ours go live on Tuesday, and I'm supposed to train our closing team on how to use them...lol). I am in LOVE with the print signs functionality!! I almost wish I was opening today and not closing so that I could see how much time it's going to cut off my ad audit on Sunday mornings. I think it will honestly cut my time in half!

For anyone who hasn't read about/seen one yet, the new "Item Search" app (it's not called that anymore) will allow you to scan an item, and then from that screen print a label or sign. Once you hit print, you select the sign size and it automatically creates a sign batch under your first initial and last name, and anything else you print signs for goes under that batch until you close it from the iPod or delete it from the Sign & Label PC. The process to start a sign batch literally takes about 2 seconds, as opposed to the current process of toggling from Item Search to RF Apps and going through the 10+ additional clicks/scans to set up, name, and drop signs under a batch. There's also an option to view directly from the iPod how many signs you've created so far. And, the interface automatically tells you whether an item is Sale or TPC, rather than having to look under Promo Ad Info for the sale dates.

Curious... does anyone know if alerts work on the myDevices yet? I'm talking mainly for GSTL/GSA (Get Change, REDCard Apps, that sort of thing). I didn't see any option for this last night, but wasn't sure if that's just because ours haven't gone live yet.

Amazing!

They are supposed to be coming in through REDwire now, at least thats what I heard. One of stores in our district has that listed on Store Specific Rollout, though idk how that works with them, our district doesnt receive the iPods until Oct. 16.

We've got them, used one for the first time today. As far as I am aware the front-end (ie. GSA/GSTL/SD) won't be using them till next year. Though it does mean I should be able to grab my own LPDA till then which will be nice.

We've got them, used one for the first time today. As far as I am aware the front-end (ie. GSA/GSTL/SD) won't be using them till next year. Though it does mean I should be able to grab my own LPDA till then which will be nice.

I have heard Alerts do not work on the Ipods, but I have seen alerts through REDwire before... So I am not sure why they would not work?

Does anyone have experience doing Price Change with the ipods? My store is switching to them at the end of October and I thought i read in one thread that it made you scan the specific item it was looking for and wouldn't let you scan everything. Is this true? How the hell are we supposed to do softlines? I must have read it wrong..

My store starts using them Tuesday so I will get back to you on this then. Hopefully it doesn't work as described, otherwise it will be almost impossible to finish the workload in any semblance of time.

As a GSA, I dropped the LPDA at least once a shift. The registry iPod touches have been working really well so far, when they work
-_-

It'll be interesting when we get them. STL told the huddle yesterday we would have them in 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone have experience doing Price Change with the ipods? My store is switching to them at the end of October and I thought i read in one thread that it made you scan the specific item it was looking for and wouldn't let you scan everything. Is this true? How the hell are we supposed to do softlines? I must have read it wrong..

My store starts using them Tuesday so I will get back to you on this then. Hopefully it doesn't work as described, otherwise it will be almost impossible to finish the workload in any semblance of time.

Please update me on this as soon as you find out. We start using them Tuesday but i am out of town for a while so I won't be there to see how this all pans out. If its just one big list that would definitely be 99% impossible for softlines. No way in hell am I going to search for things one at a time and not be able to scan everything. I will quit price change if this is the outcome lol

I'm sure my STL reads this forum because our store is getting them, but he is only using them for the floor. Flow, backroom, Plano, ect will get to use the pdas; the rest of the store will get stuck with the iPods. Our registry iPods always seem to work, though. Maybe its because my store is within a few hours of Cupertino. :p;)

Back