MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I want to know who's bright idea it was to take the 'Search' function out of REDwire on the desktop and app? It was really helpful instead of 'trying' to navigate the program... just venting, sorry.

Use the Filter by Keyword option now.
It's back on now, or either I over looked it one. I know it's gone on the desktop unless it was restored, too.

The only complaint I have is when the myWork app is running and the device locks after the two minute of non-activity, the scanner will not work, therefore you have to reboot the device. The only remedy I have found is to exit to the homescreen and then lock the device and then relaunch the app when you have to scan something. That is my only complaint. I also have minor ones, say as in when I scan a POG head to say print POG labels or REV labels, it doesn't give me that option, but the PDAs do. <---This is good when I have to print from a hip printer. I would also like to see more label options as in short or cosmetic size, not just generic or regular size. One more is when we tie something, there is no option drop a batch of price accuracy or revision peg labels as in RF apps on the PDA. Ok, one more I would also like to see a option print a item barcode on the white adhesive labels as well. The only way to these are currently under BCODE in RF apps. That's all for now.
We just launched our mydevices today, and I noticed the scanner not working after I had not used it for a bit. I thought I had done something wrong and then I figured out I just had to keep turning the ipod off and back on to get it to work again. Very aggravating when you never know if it will be ready to scan or not...
Ours has done this since day one. Now I did some testing today and I left the myWork app open as the device would lock after 2 minutes. My original theory was that leaving the app open would make the scanner not function. Pressing the scanner button before it gets the chance to wake up, ended up making it unusable. But waiting that 2-3 seconds then pressing the scanner button I had no other issues. But I will do some more testing tomorrow to double check.

I finally got a hold of a mydevice and played around with it for price change. There is definitely some bugs, but once they get worked out I think the ipods will be great for price change. I had to hit 3 different buttons just to get a ticket to print for softlines.. It took me forever to figure out how to auto print .. and that was because the device I had wasnt up to date, therefore there was no option to auto print ;) but once i got it figured out, it printed just like it would from the PDA. I couldnt move *as* fast while I was scanning a rack, but it was very doable. Since we were working on tomorrows stuff, all of todays stuff was still listed in the device, like it kept disappearing then reappearing i have no idea what was going on. And it showed the count as 600 for price change even though all of the days stuff has been completed? And i couldnt get a breakdown of firsts and furthers for tomorrows stuff. So it had me wondering if it only shows the breakdown of the day you are working on. I also like how I dont have to type in the DPCI anymore to clear out an item. All you have to do is hit Activate and enter the ticket amount. Very quick. It will take some getting used to, i have a feeling I will need a regular PDA and a mydevice for a while till i get used to it

I've noticed that I have to wait a few seconds after unlocking before the scanner works, too. Today I had to restart at one point, though.

I've been getting the same iPod everyday and I've dropped it two or three times with no problems, other than the scanner cradle thing being finicky right after a tough fall. Resetting fixed it.

Also, *whispers* I set a shortcut on the keyboard settings to type my username/employee number in quicker. The shortcut is 3 keys, but now it finishes it after the first two. Since iOS 8 (it's only been two days lol), it logs me out more often and the password with the numbers and symbols is already enough of a pain. 85% of iPhone users don't seem to know about that function, so I don't think anyone will ever find out at work.

I finally got a hold of a mydevice and played around with it for price change. There is definitely some bugs, but once they get worked out I think the ipods will be great for price change. I had to hit 3 different buttons just to get a ticket to print for softlines.. It took me forever to figure out how to auto print .. and that was because the device I had wasnt up to date, therefore there was no option to auto print ;) but once i got it figured out, it printed just like it would from the PDA. I couldnt move *as* fast while I was scanning a rack, but it was very doable. Since we were working on tomorrows stuff, all of todays stuff was still listed in the device, like it kept disappearing then reappearing i have no idea what was going on. And it showed the count as 600 for price change even though all of the days stuff has been completed? And i couldnt get a breakdown of firsts and furthers for tomorrows stuff. So it had me wondering if it only shows the breakdown of the day you are working on. I also like how I dont have to type in the DPCI anymore to clear out an item. All you have to do is hit Activate and enter the ticket amount. Very quick. It will take some getting used to, i have a feeling I will need a regular PDA and a mydevice for a while till i get used to it

Were you using mixed equipment? We've encountered some issues with counts being out of sync when using a mix of old and new. I'd say to start the day off with the MyDevice, and if you HAVE to switch over to a PDA, make sure that no one else is working on the workload with a MyDevice.

Instocks is a different animal altogether.

Are there any GSTLs/GSA's logged in for alerts on redwire with the MyDevice? Are you getting any alerts other than when they call for the gstl/guest waiting?

Are there any GSTLs/GSA's logged in for alerts on redwire with the MyDevice? Are you getting any alerts other than when they call for the gstl/guest waiting?
I'm not one, but I'm logged in to recieve them. But our alerts are all over the place. Some people get them, some don't. Some devices get them others don't. Almost had a meal compliance today if I hadn't been logged in and the LOD heard my alert because his iPod never alerted him. It's crazy.

I had to update mine in order to get alerts today. There's a weird looking icon that allows you to update any apps and that worked wonders for me. I got REDCard alerts and change requests.

Oh, and of course, you have to log into RedWire on the device as well as log in as GSTL or ETL.

My first experience with one of these... my trainer says, "okay, log in with your workbench un/pw"... I do, and it locks up. She says, "okay, I'll show you on mine since I'm logged in... " she clicked mywork and it locked up.

Since I'm running the produce department, I will need a pda for backstocking/pulling, and one of these unstable mydevices for ordering. Methinks I'll be using a pda until January when they turn off.

i called the help desk today and he sent me an email to update redwire to be able to get the alerts. It looked like to me I had the correct update but I didn't wasn't getting anything other than guest waiting and even that was temperamental. It was pretty busy today though so I might have overlooked it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Where is this icon at though? In redwire?

I'm not one, but I'm logged in to recieve them. But our alerts are all over the place. Some people get them, some don't. Some devices get them others don't. Almost had a meal compliance today if I hadn't been logged in and the LOD heard my alert because his iPod never alerted him. It's crazy.
how do alerts work? is it an app? just random notifications?

Hey everyone,

Anyone out there who has got their little paws on those awesome new PDA's what're your thoughts on them? Personally I freaking love them, they're so quick and there's a lot new features to item search or *mywork* as it's called now. Just curious to see what all everyone likes/dislikes about them. I know right now not all of the features are implemented on them and we can't do everything we need to be able to do with them to completely go away from the other PDA tech yet but outside of all that's coming for it for spring 2015 what else would you guys like to see implemented on the new tech?

Crap. Slow unreliable and software that is buggy and shows a lack of anyone who does process work was ever talked to about what they needed. But they are lighter weight.

My several week review of using them.

Go ahead and read the post pinned at the top of this forum about the mydevices. You will find a billion different reactions and opinions. I would merge this with that, but darned if I know how to do that.

Alerts are a part of redwire now. I'm not sure what icon you are looking for. If you go into redwire, hit the menu thing at the top left, and then hit alerts.

My problem is that if we are busy, I simply don't hear them, even with the volume turned all the way up. I need to figure out how to change the alert to something more obnoxious, but it looks like we may not have that option.

how do alerts work? is it an app? just random notifications?
They go through REDwire now. You have to be logged in at all times to recieve.

So, my ETL-GE notified me this morning that one our iPods was stolen last night... and one is currently MIA.

We just got ours yesterday, all 27 of them, unfortunately I can't play with them until I pick up a salesfoor shift, curse being a cashier! They officially launch on the 4th for my store.

Go ahead and read the post pinned at the top of this forum about the mydevices. You will find a billion different reactions and opinions. I would merge this with that, but darned if I know how to do that.

From my experience with XenForo (was moderator on different forum), I think in the forum list that shows all the threads you select both of them with the checkbox and merge should be an option. That was a while back, so your mileage may vary.

My first experience with one of these... my trainer says, "okay, log in with your workbench un/pw"... I do, and it locks up. She says, "okay, I'll show you on mine since I'm logged in... " she clicked mywork and it locked up.

Since I'm running the produce department, I will need a pda for backstocking/pulling, and one of these unstable mydevices for ordering. Methinks I'll be using a pda until January when they turn off.

Me too. Tried using one to order and halfway through I got an error and it wouldn't work anymore. Switched back to a PDA.

That's good to know about the alerts in redwire.

Just got them this week at my store, they're neat! I love how it batches and ties POGs at the same time!

Ok question. When I used to scan an item it would tell me the price, location, and ask me if I wanted to print labels.. but with a couple different mydevices now.. when I scan something it brings up like an instocks menu (last received.. on hand.. on the way.. last research date) but found no way to swipe to a different screen or anything. does anyone know what this is? I reset the mydevice and it worked fine for like 10 minutes and then it went back to that screen every time I scanned an item.

Ok question. When I used to scan an item it would tell me the price, location, and ask me if I wanted to print labels.. but with a couple different mydevices now.. when I scan something it brings up like an instocks menu (last received.. on hand.. on the way.. last research date) but found no way to swipe to a different screen or anything. does anyone know what this is? I reset the mydevice and it worked fine for like 10 minutes and then it went back to that screen every time I scanned an item.

The item description/name is the link between these two screens. Just tap the item description and it will go back to the scanning screen.

Back