MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Ok question. When I used to scan an item it would tell me the price, location, and ask me if I wanted to print labels.. but with a couple different mydevices now.. when I scan something it brings up like an instocks menu (last received.. on hand.. on the way.. last research date) but found no way to swipe to a different screen or anything. does anyone know what this is? I reset the mydevice and it worked fine for like 10 minutes and then it went back to that screen every time I scanned an item.

The item description/name is the link between these two screens. Just tap the item description and it will go back to the scanning screen.

Thank You! Nobody knew at my store.. it was driving a few of us crazy.. nobody got trained they just threw the ipods at us and said "work"

Ok question. When I used to scan an item it would tell me the price, location, and ask me if I wanted to print labels.. but with a couple different mydevices now.. when I scan something it brings up like an instocks menu (last received.. on hand.. on the way.. last research date) but found no way to swipe to a different screen or anything. does anyone know what this is? I reset the mydevice and it worked fine for like 10 minutes and then it went back to that screen every time I scanned an item.

The item description/name is the link between these two screens. Just tap the item description and it will go back to the scanning screen.

Thank You! Nobody knew at my store.. it was driving a few of us crazy.. nobody got trained they just threw the ipods at us and said "work"

Np, anything in blue lettering will generally be a link to something else. Your prices also display in blue if they are on a special promo, and will list other items on the BOGO items and where they are located.

Np, anything in blue lettering will generally be a link to something else. Your prices also display in blue if they are on a special promo, and will list other items on the BOGO items and where they are located.

I have pressed the price and saw a scrolling list of items that fit the promotion.. but I never thought to press the item name. Haha.

For anyone wondering, the updates for the apps are available through the S.A.M. app. System Application Management possibly?

Came in today to find that alerts no longer are being sent to PDA's and LPDA's, and that PDA's and LPDA's also no longer ever require your password when logging in.

Grabbed an iPod, tried logging into Redwire, it said it needed to update, but I couldn't figure out how to update it, but then grabbed another iPod and was able to get alerts from that one.

That's good to know about the alerts in redwire.

Just got them this week at my store, they're neat! I love how it batches and ties POGs at the same time!
I love that, too, but be careful I've figured out that if there is nothing in the back to pull or if its just a tie-off, it wont drop a batch, just ties it. Or at least that's what ours does. So then I have to go back on the PDA and drop it just so it shows that it was dropped on TWT.

Came in today to find that alerts no longer are being sent to PDA's and LPDA's, and that PDA's and LPDA's also no longer ever require your password when logging in.

Grabbed an iPod, tried logging into Redwire, it said it needed to update, but I couldn't figure out how to update it, but then grabbed another iPod and was able to get alerts from that one.
Alerts can still be sent to PDA/LPDA, you just have to log into REDwire. My iPod and PDA I was carrying Tuesday would both go off at the same time when I had an alert. And if any apps need updating go to the S.A.M. app and update the apps as needed. Your ETL-GE or at least any Digtal Advisors should be doing this, if they are any good and should be on top of this to update apps to fix any issues or new processes HQ is rolling out to them. Our Research mode on our myDevices is crap ever since a update to myWork and ive put in a mySupport for it, too, hoping something gets done with it.

Mine went into the compactor today! Dead. Serious. It fell off my cart tray into the trash bag that I put in the seat. I went to check my hip and made a mad dash to the compactor as my ETL was running the compactor. It was on top. I told her "Don't look!" as I took it out. Crisis averted!

Of course, during the course of my shift it crapped out no less than 10 times and needed a full reboot at least 4 times.

Mine went into the compactor today! Dead. Serious. It fell off my cart tray into the trash bag that I put in the seat. I went to check my hip and made a mad dash to the compactor as my ETL was running the compactor. It was on top. I told her "Don't look!" as I took it out. Crisis averted!

Of course, during the course of my shift it crapped out no less than 10 times and needed a full reboot at least 4 times.
But it was doing that even BEFORE going into the compactor.....

But it was doing that even BEFORE going into the compactor.....
Perhaps it was just my unconscious reaction.

No it wasn't cause you have never gone back after it.

We have had the Mydevice 3-weeks now? Digital advisor position was just announce at huddle. That they were looking for one or two.

Might have been handy a few weeks ago, now its ingrained, the distain for the MyDevice and not having anyone with answers or to give feedback to. They will have to catch up to us with it.

Last edited:
Alerts can still be sent to PDA/LPDA, you just have to log into REDwire.

Same yellow triangle as usual to view them once logged in, or do I have to open redwire to view them?
No, triangle is grayed out, but is still clickable to view alerts, just no more bounce. A separate window will pop and the PDA will do the normal alert sound 3 times. But the window will go away quick--not supposed to from what I've read--so unless you read the alert then you've missed it and have to open REDwire or click the triangle to view.

We have had the Mydevice 3-weeks now? Digital advisor position was just announce at huddle. That they were looking for one or two.

Might have been handy a few weeks ago, now its ingrained, the distain for the MyDevice and not having anyone with answers or to give feedback to. They will have to catch up to us with it.
DA were supposed to be selected like 2-3 weeks before install to get prepped and to get educated on them to assist other TMs... you guys behind, haha.

DA were supposed to be selected like 2-3 weeks before install to get prepped and to get educated on them to assist other TMs... you guys behind, haha.

My leadership is behind, I am just fine... Yeah it sucks that the most information about these things and being able to give useful feedback has been here.

My leadership is behind, I am just fine... Yeah it sucks that the most information about these things and being able to give useful feedback has been here.
Thats what we are here for. Get support from TMs around the country when your store fails at it.

Our Research mode on our myDevices is crap ever since a update to myWork and ive put in a mySupport for it, too, hoping something gets done with it.

What version are you running? If you go to the options page you can see it under "App version". Is it 18.xx? And what's going on?

Our Research mode on our myDevices is crap ever since a update to myWork and ive put in a mySupport for it, too, hoping something gets done with it.

What version are you running? If you go to the options page you can see it under "App version". Is it 18.xx? And what's going on?
Yeah it's the correct version. I had Target India call me today to verify correct version. Could barely understand the guy though. They escalated it and said they would get back to me. But our issue is when we have large task lists, the app is glitchy and unresponsive. Can't even do Instocks on it. We've trouble shoot it but nothing changes. And when we have small task lists. It's flawless and smooth. It wasn't like this before the last myWork update a week or two ago.

Also, are any other stores getting alerts for REDcard applications? We are but we don't get audible alerts

Have you figured out how to see how many apps? I get alerts when RCs are opened, but I can't find number of prompts or number of RCs so I have to use LPDA to figure conversion.

Have you figured out how to see how many apps? I get alerts when RCs are opened, but I can't find number of prompts or number of RCs so I have to use LPDA to figure conversion.
Weird, we don't even know when we get a RC unless the cashier tells someone or I just happen to look on the Alerts log to see that it wasn't check marked off that it was seen.

I ended up telling the GSTL all the RC we've gotten because no one knows. I only knows cause i constantly check REDwire to make sure it hasn't logged me out. Sure seems like less than 2 hours that I have to log back in again...

Back