MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

What does the alert say when there's a my fa? Because every time a motherfucker calls me, I'm already picking the son of a bitch! The PDA tells the person if it's being picked or not.

Alerts take 10 or 15 minutes to go through. Cashier stuck? Need change? Need the spider key? Have a flexible fulfillment order? Better hope you don't need that alert to go through quickly! They are a joke, and I stopped using them. There are times when late is not better than never. And this is one of those times.

So it's possible that the person who called it out just got the alert, and didn't check the PDA to see that you were actually filling it.

Last I looked, SAM told me they were all up to date. Next time I GSA I'll try doing an update/reinstall and see if that helps.

I consistently have to use "S.A.M." to reinstall these apps everytime they crash.

That seems a little extreme, have you tried force closing the app? Double tap the home button and swipe up to force quit the app. Obviously still not ideal but should be way faster than re-installing the app.

What does the alert say when there's a my fa? Because every time a motherfucker calls me, I'm already picking the son of a bitch! The PDA tells the person if it's being picked or not.

Alerts take 10 or 15 minutes to go through. Cashier stuck? Need change? Need the spider key? Have a flexible fulfillment order? Better hope you don't need that alert to go through quickly! They are a joke, and I stopped using them. There are times when late is not better than never. And this is one of those times.

So it's possible that the person who called it out just got the alert, and didn't check the PDA to see that you were actually filling it.
Our alerts are a little... iffy. Sometimes the LPDA and iPod I carry will go off at the same, sometimes right after one another, sometimes one won't even go off. And meal compliance and work past shift won't even go off on my iPod, but it does on the LPDA. Idk what's going on. And we still don't get notification for REDcard applications on either device.

i was having huge issues with the alerts and placed several calls to the help desk until they finally escalated me and sent the problem to the App team. Couple days later and our alerts are working and we get them when they are put in.

My store is fully switching to Ipods. The only problem is that you can't pull from the back with it so you have to ask a backroom associate to do it for you if a guest needs something.

This is for people who use the ipods for pricing.

Okay, i want to know if this happens to other people or just my store. When clicking on an aisle that you need to scan labels for, you know how it shows up on that little scroll screen at the bottom right? It seems more times than not I will start scanning the labels and I will get a red exclamation point that will appear and I have to click on it and it takes me back to the main screen where I can click on Today/Overdue, Tomorrow, or backroom. It is really annoying to have to constantly keep going back. It will automatically go to the next label when I click Activate, but when I scan them that darn exclamation point comes up. Does this happen to you?

Another thing .. How come I cant view a first/further/final list for tomorrows workload? That is annoying also because we are getting ahead a lot, and when we can't even see a breakdown it makes it more complicated.

One more .. After clearing out softlines sections from the main screen, they will still show up again under"backroom" and also under the screen where you can view the first/furthers/finals even though they have been cleared out. This bugs me! Why do they still show up? This goes back to my last point where it wont show me a breakdown down for tomorrows stuff, but will continue to show me todays stuff even after I already cleared it out. Our performance score was also horrible last week. It was our first week using the ipods and it said we printed way less tickets than I know we printed. I feel like it isnt counting everything?

This is all one big headache to me. If anyone can help me out with these issues or give me any kind of insight it would be really appreciated

My store is fully switching to Ipods. The only problem is that you can't pull from the back with it so you have to ask a backroom associate to do it for you if a guest needs something.

They don't have the SUBT app on them?

Nope, still need a PDA to pull. Ipod has the option to "fill from stockroom" but to pull no.

Triscuit we get that red exclamation point randomly to, today it just lost the task list for me. Swapped to PDA and rebooted the ipod and when I left 3hrs later it still couldn't find a task list.

Not yet... I think in all honesty logistics will need an overhaul anyway. It is timed well because most stores are half ipods half pdas right now anyway, so logistics can use pdas and everybody else can use ipods right now. Once they get everything over and the apps designed a bit better (the PULL functions) then I can see the transition taking place.

As of right now, you go into your "profile" button and you can switch your role in a sense. When you switch to Pricing it changes the buttons, or Research it changes it to Update Counts. I am assuming that Target will have a "Backroom" button that switches Item Search to a pulling function. Generally a black bar will open across the bottom of your screen, and I am guessing it will say something like "Now Pulling GRC3" and then list a location. You'll scan the location first and then the black bar will switch to "Pull XXX-XX-XXXX Product Description and Quantity" and you will have to scan it. Your Item Search can then switch to the item and instead of saying "Fill from Stockroom" it will say "Pull this Item" and you will hit it and enter the Quantity to match. Just a guess :)

I consistently have to use "S.A.M." to reinstall these apps everytime they crash.

That seems a little extreme, have you tried force closing the app? Double tap the home button and swipe up to force quit the app. Obviously still not ideal but should be way faster than re-installing the app.

Yes, that works if safari locks up. And occasionally with mywork. We've also tried deleting the cookies through settings, and just resetting the devices entirely.

Not yet... I think in all honesty logistics will need an overhaul anyway. It is timed well because most stores are half ipods half pdas right now anyway, so logistics can use pdas and everybody else can use ipods right now. Once they get everything over and the apps designed a bit better (the PULL functions) then I can see the transition taking place.

As of right now, you go into your "profile" button and you can switch your role in a sense. When you switch to Pricing it changes the buttons, or Research it changes it to Update Counts. I am assuming that Target will have a "Backroom" button that switches Item Search to a pulling function. Generally a black bar will open across the bottom of your screen, and I am guessing it will say something like "Now Pulling GRC3" and then list a location. You'll scan the location first and then the black bar will switch to "Pull XXX-XX-XXXX Product Description and Quantity" and you will have to scan it. Your Item Search can then switch to the item and instead of saying "Fill from Stockroom" it will say "Pull this Item" and you will hit it and enter the Quantity to match. Just a guess :)
SUBT comes in January. (similar to how there's an "add" button on the main screen, there will be a "take" button on the item details page where you can see stockroom location). And, your hunch about PULL is accurate :) but, it's more than a few months away in development cuz you're right... logistics is ready for an overhaul.

This is for people who use the ipods for pricing.

Okay, i want to know if this happens to other people or just my store. When clicking on an aisle that you need to scan labels for, you know how it shows up on that little scroll screen at the bottom right? It seems more times than not I will start scanning the labels and I will get a red exclamation point that will appear and I have to click on it and it takes me back to the main screen where I can click on Today/Overdue, Tomorrow, or backroom. It is really annoying to have to constantly keep going back. It will automatically go to the next label when I click Activate, but when I scan them that darn exclamation point comes up. Does this happen to you?

Another thing .. How come I cant view a first/further/final list for tomorrows workload? That is annoying also because we are getting ahead a lot, and when we can't even see a breakdown it makes it more complicated.

One more .. After clearing out softlines sections from the main screen, they will still show up again under"backroom" and also under the screen where you can view the first/furthers/finals even though they have been cleared out. This bugs me! Why do they still show up? This goes back to my last point where it wont show me a breakdown down for tomorrows stuff, but will continue to show me todays stuff even after I already cleared it out. Our performance score was also horrible last week. It was our first week using the ipods and it said we printed way less tickets than I know we printed. I feel like it isnt counting everything?

This is all one big headache to me. If anyone can help me out with these issues or give me any kind of insight it would be really appreciated
That red exclamation point really shouldn't come up too often. If it's happening frequently, call the CSC. That said, if/when the exclamation point comes up, price changes still go through OK. Meaning, if you continue scanning labels (but be sure to wait for the little triple beep), the price will still activate. That black box at the bottom just acts as a "next suggested turn" and the red exclamation point doesn't imply that price change isn't working, it just means the iPod can't figure out which item to send you to next.

You're right; sorting tomorrow's workload doesn't work well and Price Accuracy reports are a bit screwed up... both will be fixed in in 2015. It's still OK to use only the iPods to do price change.

I got my score back after using the new my device Tue-Thurs. (Monday I used the PDA) in was RED! I am never red! Looked into how many scans I did for the week and it only said I did 400 scans. I worked a 1300 day scan by myself. I know this can't be right! Uggg
Not sure if official communication has come out yet or not... but the scan detail (OUTS) report will be changing. Because of how myWork doesn't have an official "OUTS" function, the report won't show scans of items that are truly out of stock. That's ok. Something else will be coming. But for now, it's OK to keep using the iPods and let the report look bad.

Guess I can't blame lods for not carrying iPod and PDA. They should ask me if I'm picking though, not telling me there's a pick.

I think would be pretty close if not accurate description. I can't wait until Jan. When it happens. Carrying two devices, not fun.

Guess I can't blame lods for not carrying iPod and PDA. They should ask me if I'm picking though, not telling me there's a pick.
They may not know there's a lag time.

So far I love the new mydevice's. But after scanning with it for instocks the past week I do have some comments and concerns. Having everything on one screen is invaluable. Being able to help guests while your still scanning and no having to switch applications it awesome. Also while scanning it gives you every single location in the store which while in entertainment is desperately need. Some issues I have though are: 1. When scanning and you accidentally put the wrong on hand in you can't go back and change it. 2. Scanning some RIGS it wouldn't let me scan this one item at all for whatever reason. Other then those two issues so far it's been awesome. Does anybody know if you can scan outs on the Mydevice's as well? I know there are still bugs to work out and things don't all work flawlessly but I know they will in time. Awesome device.

There's not an outs function. The closet thing we have is the film from stockroom option, but that's just an exf.

I thought the OUTs function was the Fill from Stockroom and put in the quantity you see and it pulls the difference and the Get More option was the EXF... actually I don't think I've ever done it in there but saw when I was testing them out on our install day.

I thought the OUTs function was the Fill from Stockroom and put in the quantity you see and it pulls the difference and the Get More option was the EXF... actually I don't think I've ever done it in there but saw when I was testing them out on our install day.
That might be the case. I'm honestly not sure.

That might be the case. I'm honestly not sure.
It sounds right, or at least the way the PDA apps worked, they work in a similar way. OUTs pull the difference or all if the spot is empty, and EXF (Get More) you enter how much you want in the spot. I keep forgetting everything is streamlined into one app, so every time I think of EXF or OUT the PDA icons pop into my head. I don't know about anyone else's store, but ours are just about terrified to use them. Pricing still uses the PDAs, POG still uses the PDAs except for me, one of our TMs simply hates them and thinks they are useless, she doesn't like change and b****** about anything and everything if it doesn't go her way. And we get the rest of ours this Thursday, so they might as well get used to them, because come February, say goodbye to the PDAs...

Back