I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

:dance4: All I can say is whoo-hoo! Finally we do not have irritate the guests anymore!!!!!!!!! Yes I understand it was apart of our roles but bugging them when we aren't prompted was very,very annoying so it'll be a nice chance change of pace for awhile...... For how long? Who knows...... Honestly I know I said it before Target needs to do the rewards program. Sure we have Cartwheel but not many people have Smart phones and a nice little card like they have at Best Buy etc would be a nice perk ( guest have brought it up to me) so perhaps Spot should think of this. Just a wild idea.......

...Vaguely related to this thread, why doesn't spot rebrand the debit card as a discount or loyalty card after all this cools down? Every SINGLE time I start my spiel on the card I can just tell the guests are cringing because they just assume it's another credit card.

:dance4: All I can say is whoo-hoo! Finally we do not have irritate the guests anymore!!!!!!!!! Yes I understand it was apart of our roles but bugging them when we aren't prompted was very,very annoying so it'll be a nice chance change of pace for awhile...... For how long? Who knows...... Honestly I know I said it before Target needs to do the rewards program. Sure we have Cartwheel but not many people have Smart phones and a nice little card like they have at Best Buy etc would be a nice perk ( guest have brought it up to me) so perhaps Spot should think of this. Just a wild idea.......

I do Cartwheel without having a smart phone. I just have to go to target.com to pick what items I want on my list and then print it out. The cashier then scans the bar code that prints out on the page.

I do Cartwheel without having a smart phone. I just have to go to target.com to pick what items I want on my list and then print it out. The cashier then scans the bar code that prints out on the page.

And those people who don't have a computer and/or printer can go to their local library to do it!

Hey guys, ever since the whole credit card fiasco with Target, lately I haven't been prompted for any red cards. Wondering if we aren't supposed to ask guests unless they ask us. No one has told me to stop asking but I haven't since the whole fiasco started. Also, I wonder if Target would change debit/credit cards into a rewards card or something. So I would appreciate any ones answers please.

They turned off the prompts the week before Christmas. It came down from corporate last week not to ask guests.

Spot would never go with a rewards system. There is more money to be made by encouraging people to use their cards and not have to pay the transaction fees on other cards...especially since Spot can count on those going up for them after this fiasco.

Spot would be smart if he did that. More guests actually ask for rewards cards ( at least in my experience) they say something to the tune like I would love to sign up for a redcard is it like the best buy reward card?? No...... No thanks they say......... I explain the checking too and they say I do not have a checking account ( just in case you are curious about that)

I think it would do great as a rewards card by itself or the Target Check Card with "SpotRewards" or "Bullseye Rewards". The reward program itself could be in different tiers too offering benefits for loyal frequent loyal shoppers.

To be honest unfortunately the money spot has lost from this in sales and such is probably greater than the fees they've saved.

Target SpotRewards "The reward program that suits you to a T" :D

Just my 2 cents that if they want people to return...give them something better to return to :)

Last edited:
We've been told not to talk about the Redcard unless someone asks about it.

In this past weekends papers there were stories about the Spot debacle.......many comments on how lame Target has been at communicating to people (TMs, stores, general media outlets) about what is going on. This whole mess has been a great chance for Target to do some good public relations work, but they haven't done squat.

I realize that there's a national investigation going on and there's lots of unanswered questions out there, but Target isn't doing anything.

Back in the day, when Tylenol became the focus of people putting poison in the pills, well, that was a nightmare for the company, but they recovered and have become the example of how companies can recover from major issues and problems. Too bad Target isn't looking to calm people down or let them know that an investigation is going on.....they are being REACTIVE not PROACTIVE......and isn't being PROACTIVE something that Target encourages?

And those people who don't have a computer and/or printer can go to their local library to do it!

I hate to say it, but most people probably won't go to the library to do cartwheel........too much time to do it and half the time the savings don't show up when i scan the cartwheel stuff.

yes, we've been told to use the "highlighter" pens that we've been given to show the guests where they can find the info for the guest survey......and then do it somewhere else.........since we no longer have the kiosks to do them.

In my store I think that the last things we want is to have guests do the surveys....they're already unhappy that 1 of 3 guests leave the store without finding what they came for (33% are unhappy about not finding our items.) And something like 25%want faster checkout times....and then others want more consistent guest service (2 of 6 are unhappy). Yes, let's take MORE time to tell the guests to do our survey and then tell them that they can't complete it in the store. What is Target thinking???

Also, in my store we had over $4000.00 worth of electronics equipment stolen.......and there are lots of questions and very few answers. So, given this fun information, would any of you like to come to my store and be a cashier with me??

So, given this fun information, would any of you like to come to my store and be a cashier with me??

There are some of us who would be happy to but don't think Spot would be too happy with the idea.
Good luck though.

I hate to say it, but most people probably won't go to the library to do cartwheel........too much time to do it and half the time the savings don't show up when i scan the cartwheel stuff.

My other job is at a library, and we get people who come in just to play Facebook games (and then get mad at us because our internet is slow).

My other job is at a library, and we get people who come in just to play Facebook games (and then get mad at us because our internet is slow).

Which, of course, is your fault. You know that, don't you. Even if something isn't really our fault, it's our fault. It's guest (or customer, whatever) logic.

Our library has a table with boxes of sorted coupons that people can take and use.
One of the volunteers cuts them out of the all the news papers the library gets.

I envy you your job at the library, I've started volunteering but they actually have a lot of people coming in so there isn't a big slot.
It's a job I really enjoy.

Which, of course, is your fault. You know that, don't you. Even if something isn't really our fault, it's our fault. It's guest (or customer, whatever) logic.

Obviously. Don't tell anyone, but it's a conspiracy to persuade those people to make an attempt to get a job.

Our library has a table with boxes of sorted coupons that people can take and use.
One of the volunteers cuts them out of the all the news papers the library gets.

I envy you your job at the library, I've started volunteering but they actually have a lot of people coming in so there isn't a big slot.
It's a job I really enjoy.

Wanna come here and go through our coupon bin? :D Probably half of ours are expired because nobody checks them.

I like what I do there, but we're run by the county government, so we're always at risk of losing funding (and our jobs if the legislature gets their way).

I read this thread about a week or so ago. It was the first time I had heard about no longer asking for Red Cards. In my store (Jersey) first time I officially heard about it was in a huddle earlier this week.

On related note: (at least as far as the trickle down goes) When hours were cut in October I saw many posts about it here before I saw an effect at my location.

I read this thread about a week or so ago. It was the first time I had heard about no longer asking for Red Cards. In my store (Jersey) first time I officially heard about it was in a huddle earlier this week.
On related note: (at least as far as the trickle down goes) When hours were cut in October I saw many posts about it here before I saw an effect at my location.
Welcome! Another reason why to hang out here.

I switched my bank account on my RedCard. This happened on the 31st. I've used it on the 1st and 2nd, but today the registers wouldn't accept it. I called the number given and they connected me to Ask Certegy which keeps asking for the check number but it's the debit card which doesn't HAVE a check number >.>Any idea on what to do with the Certegy?

Also, double check to be sure the information is correct. The FAQ says the changes should take effect immediately. So provided you have money in the account, something is off.

There are no transactions for the 1st and 2nd showing up, but I know for sure I bought a snack on my 15 both days.

There is DEFINITELY money in both accounts, the old one and the new one. I haven't had time to close the old one yet.

Back