To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTTHOSE BR TM's: I don't care who put the pallets there to begin with, of you notice pallets with merchandise left in the fire aisle , YOU Need to move them! Yes, I will review back to see who it was that originally left the pallets there, and will have that person's TL talk to them, bit just because you didn't put it there doesn't mean you can't move it!
Edit: Just to clarify, I did move them, but I only discovered them during my closing walk, making sure there was no one else left in the building.

Last edited:
Out of my hands. Had she asked, obviously I'd give it up. I'm always giving my equipment to someone who ends up needing it more or for a better reason. But I don't accept people taking things directly out of my hands without asking.

And I don't think anyone needs to get over anything. There's a difference between sharing and being rude. Like, sharing is going, "Hey can I borrow that or keep it for a while/all day because of x, y, and z?" Being rude is going, "I need this more than you. Give it to me." Or just taking it. Manners are important.
I didn't mean you need to share. The other day I was told I could share with the pog team. Clear across the building...because pricing needed one and heaven forbid we insist flow hand them back over. Or coach for not signing it out.

Out of my hands. Had she asked, obviously I'd give it up. I'm always giving my equipment to someone who ends up needing it more or for a better reason. But I don't accept people taking things directly out of my hands without asking.
I had a team member try to "look at" my hand cuffs one time while I was talking to someone else. Without asking, and trying to pull them from the holster.
He ended up with an elbow to the chest and a bruise on his arm, as I reacted on instinct when I felt the tug on my belt.
The best part was I was talking to the ETL-HR, and she asked him "What the he'll are you doing?"
"Nothin'! He just hit me though!"
"Yeah, after you tried taking his cuffs without asking. That's actually an HR violation, so do you want it to go any further?"
He didn't last too long; my boss got him on an internal for taking 20'so out of the registers.

Probably wasn't too much to see. My hands were resting on my belt buckle, so when I felt the shift my elbow shot back until solid contact, hand grabbed hold of his wrist, twisted and shoved down and back, all while taking a single, large shuffle/Pivot step to my left, as I was trained in weapons retention training when I was an intern at the PD.

. Or coach for not signing it out.
This annoys the living crap out of me. The cabinet was locked yesterday and someone left a PDA sitting on the counter. I had no walkie & there was nobody around. I figured I'd check in the order & let the LOD know there was one sitting there on my way out after lunch, which is what I did. Shortly after I got back, here comes the ETL asking for the PDA (apparently someone saw me using it. I told her I hadn't checked one out, just used the one sitting on the counter. She told me, "they are ALWAYS supposed to be checked out & you can be coached for that!" I explained the situation & she told me I "should've found someon me with keys to let me in the cabinet so I could check it out for the time I was going to use it. i asked who it was checked OUT to because SHE never checked it IN, just left it sitting on the counter....she said, "anytime those change hands, they need to be checked in and out!" "Okay, so if we borrow one from someone on the floor for 3 minutes to check in our orders, we need to walk all the way over here, check it in, check it out, do what we need to do, then check it back in so they can check it back out, even if they are standing right there in front of us waiting for it?" YES!!! Or we can AND WILL BOTH be coached from here on out!!!! Whatever....

ttotm- I just don't get you and realize that I never will. You are only happy when you are complaining and you mostly complain about not being happy ( go figure) This is YOUR life...YOU have to make the best out of it. YOU and ONLY YOU can make changes in your life to make it better. Quit playing the damn victim role..if you hate Spot so much...then quit. I mean according to you its just the biggest #### hole ever....then do us all a favor and leave. Lastly, you have ran me down like a dog this last week. why? Because how dare I take some time off...grow the hell up! ( you are old enough to be a grandma so I am pretty sure its time you grew up)

TTOBRTM Stop thinking you're all high and mighty because you switched to backroom. If that's what you wanted, good for you, but that doesn't make you better than the sales floor people. We also don't appreciate you walking around telling us how much more you make now compared to the rest of us. I've been told you're pretty awful back there anyway, so you should probably stop burning bridges in case they decide they don't want you back there anymore.

TTOTM...GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! I know GS is starting to get busy, but I can't understand how you can't even throw away papers, or keep ANYTHING organized. I feel like I walk into an episode of Hoarders any time I come to GS after you've been there. I don't care if you hate that department. Develop some fucking work ethics and realize how shitty it is to dump your shitty job onto someone else. I dread nights I have to close after you've been there for 8 hours, apparently too overwhelmed to execute basic organization skills.

TTOTM...GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! I know GS is starting to get busy, but I can't understand how you can't even throw away papers, or keep ANYTHING organized. I feel like I walk into an episode of Hoarders any time I come to GS after you've been there. I don't care if you hate that department. Develop some fucking work ethics and realize how shitty it is to dump your shitty job onto someone else. I dread nights I have to close after you've been there for 8 hours, apparently too overwhelmed to execute basic organization skills.

God, we have one like that. Everyone hates to work after her, or even with her, because it looks like a bomb went off. I left for a 15 once, and when I came back, there were 3 unsorted reshop carts, returns all over the counter space, garbage between registers, etc. It's the worst.

God, we have one like that. Everyone hates to work after her, or even with her, because it looks like a bomb went off. I left for a 15 once, and when I came back, there were 3 unsorted reshop carts, returns all over the counter space, garbage between registers, etc. It's the worst.

Ugh! It's the worst! I can't even understand it! GS falls apart FAST. It just takes one guest returning a bunch of Salvage crap, or large items to fuck up the department. If I'm not a step ahead of it all, I feel nervous. And that's just me, being super OCD about how I keep everything. I don't expect that from people, I just expect things to at the very least, be organized.

How much can someone not care to not feel a sense of urgency when the department is obviously starting to suffer. Any time there's a lull in guests, she doesn't think to take that time to make sense of the growing pile of chargebacks on the counter. Nor does she sort. She just kind of stands there, I guess recuperating, or she'll go socialize or do something else. I hate it. HATE IT!!! I hate finding random chargebacks, mixed in with sort, and garbage, and bags, spread across the counter. Why?! WHYYYY!!!

To that one TL: If you have a problem with when a TM is taking their break how about you talk to them calmly, face to face instead of over the radio where we can all hear you going off on the guy who hasn't been here even two weeks? This isn't the first time you've thought it was a good idea to half-ass a coaching over breaks on the radio and you just sound like an ass.

Also the ad setup team did not leave whatever carts you're finding in the back so you don't need to get all on the radio about that either. They're probably there because lol at trying to find somewhere to put backstock when every other vehicle is already full. I get you're probably under a lot of stress right now but chill the fuck out.

To whoever did today's schedule: Why. Just why. You literally scheduled every single minor that we employ as cashiers. Even the ones from the sales floor that don't normally work as cashiers. Was it some kind of sick joke? I literally spent my entire shift helping minors ring up alcohol. I had 3 cashiers in total who were not minors, and they were my closers. On top of that, we were insanely busy. I also had 2 callouts and a no-call-no-show, but even if I hadn't had those callouts I would have had to call for backup for at least 25% of my shift. Instead, I had borrow two salesfloor team members just to make sure that my closing cashiers didn't hit compliance and even then it was a close call. I'm extremely lucky that both hardlines and softlines were well enough off that they could spare one from each.

No, flow you are not allowed

As per who?

I've had the following scenario happen, and seen it happen to others:

STL: Don't forget there's blah blah blah in the breakroom.
TM: Thanks, just at though, so not hungry.
STL: Oh, that's okay, just take some home for later if you want then.

Though, the scenarios at my store involved TM's taking a reasonable portion home.

To those GSTLs/GSAs:

GSTL can't fire. They can write up and document events in hopes that STL or ETL-HR will fire.

GSA;s can't even do that. Not officially anyway, they can pass along messages to the GSTL or LOD, but that's it.

Holy shit. How do you have 5 GSAs and multiple GSTLs? My store currently has one GSA, 2 GSTLs, and a recent external hire who is going to become a 3rd GSTL. Does that mean you guys have an opener, mid and closer every single day?

We have 5 GSA's, but only one GSTL. One of the GSA's also only works weekends during the school year. The two most recent hires though get scheduled in multiple workcenters every week, not just as GSA.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know GSTLs can't fire and GSAs can't coach. I was just venting. :) Actually, this TM has been throwing all her shifts on the swap board, though she still hasn't put in her two weeks yet. At least I know I'll be scheduled to close with someone who will actually show up.

TTOGSTL: What is your problem? Get off your high horse. We just hired a new, young cart attendant who is trying his best to learn his job. You spent an entire closing shift yelling at him to do this, do that. Leave him alone, he's new and he does seem to care so just give him a chance.

TToTM

Thanks for telling me you identify as transgender. It actually made me feel a lot better and more confident as being genderfluid. For the first time today I was able to use the men's room without anyone there with me...and I honestly felt really happy over that small thing. I hope you can use the girl's room in peace.

Yeah, I know GSTLs can't fire and GSAs can't coach. I was just venting. :) Actually, this TM has been throwing all her shifts on the swap board, though she still hasn't put in her two weeks yet. At least I know I'll be scheduled to close with someone who will actually show up.

Luckily at my store, I can effectively fire. At least recent hires anyway.

ie. We had a girl start about 2 months ago. After she called out for about the fifth time (fifth time I was aware of anyway, meaning likely other times too when I wasn't there) I'd had enough and I went to ETL-HR and told her to pull the girls attendance, and told her she was unreliable and that despite having a pleasant personality and doing an okay job when she showed up that anytime I came in and saw she was scheduled to work that day that I grimaced because there was a 30-40% chance she'd not show up.

HR pulled the attendance right then, looked over it, agreed that she called in too frequently and that was the end of that cashier calling in, they fired her on her very next shift.

Ttotm: i will not stay silent when I find something's wrong ever again. I did not flexed those items. i know how to flex. I don't know who flexed those but I am not blaming you either. Just because I am friends with the TLs does not mean I ask favors. I never ask. I do whatever they tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back